1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I miss Yao !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I would have to disagree and say that Von fits way better in our system. He finishes way better around the rim and that helps a ton since we have run and gun type offense.

Chase is nice but he has limitations and can't do some of the things Von could do athletically. I respect your opinion but I don't think Chase is a better fit on this team.

2. choujie

choujie Member

Score is the most overrated thing in NBA, especially when a player spend all his energy on it. Did you see Wafer rebound? pass? defend? Andersen is a much better scorer than Deke, but Deke's impact is 10 times bigger.

Wafer is the ultimate one-dimensional player.

Now you throw in Wafer's 5 clashes with 5 different coach in 5 years attitude, he's not even close to a player Chase is right now.

3. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Chase does not defend well and he barely averages more assists by .1 and rebounds by 1. So I would take Von over Chase any day.

I like Chase and he is playing pretty good this year but he can't do some of the things Von can do.

4. choujie

choujie Member

Yeah, Yao can't take chages like Hayes so you take Hayes over. They really are different level of rebounders and defenders if you watch games.

Thank God you are not Morey.

5. splendidfish

splendidfish Member

I remember reading from somewhere that Yao will resume training with Rockets team by the end of Feb??? :confused:

6. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Everyone has their own opinion but I think Chase really doesn't compare to Von. Sorry if your disagree.

7. BarkleyHater84

Yeh, I agree. I miss Yao to death too, but what will Yao be going forward? I mean, his body is breaking down yearly.....I think that he will never be the same kind of player he once was. I think at best he will be a 25-30 mpg player. We have to protect the guy from injury. If we can get that much out of him along with what Kevin Martin is supposed to be, plus another solid free agent signing, we can become an upper echelon team. I guess time will tell.....

8. BarkleyHater84

My only knock on Von is maturity.....I like Von a lot, and he was a human highlight reel last season, but his maturity is what keeps him bouncing from team to team. Chase probably buys in more into what we are doing here. Von is more talanted, but Chase is a better fit....

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Disagree completely....Chase does a lot more on the court than Von.

Defense, passing, moving off the ball....a lot more.

DD

10. elindio23

elindio23 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Yeah Yao's the Franchise. I miss Yao. This Season has just not been the same. I like watching all are young guys develop. But I can't wait till next season. Yao Possible MVP?

1 person likes this.
  12. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Keep that negative crap too yourself. Yao is the Franchise . No Yao = No Chance. He's A Game Changer! HE IMPOSES HIS WILL! MUST BE ACCOUNTED FOR!

13. parmesh

parmesh Member

I miss Yao a lot. His humble demeanor, his passion for the game, and the face that he truly works harder than anyone else at his job really represent this Rockets team.