1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Beef With Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hak34, Feb 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

ROFL!!!!!

Miami is suffering to this day...

Boston knows they only have about 2 more years and they will be in the same boat as Miami....

Dallas, well Dallas is Dallas..

That is is just ludacris... and i'm glad Morey is the GM and not you...

The Rockets tried this path years ago with CD and look how long it's taken Morey to clean that mess up...

1 person likes this.
  2. phil2000

phil2000 Member

you are blind not to see what Brooks is doing as a PG esp lately ,and esp compared with TJ Ford and that Rookie PG
    We are talking the PG of rockets,talking what the PG of rocket should have DONE to contribute to the team.
    If you are implying it is the teammates that fail ,and spoiling his assit,then no words with you blind lover.

Brooks should do what he is talented to,but his talent surely will not make him a good PG.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Brooks is more crafty on defense than people give him credit for. In the past when Brooks offense is off, Lowry is there to shore it up. Not having Lowry to relieve some of the pressure is hurting.

I really dont worry about his defense because next year, when it matters, there will be a 7 foot 6 inch guy standing behind him ready to block some shots.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He had a bad game defensively but assist wise he was hitting guys all night setting the table, and they were just flat out missing....

AB is not the problem on this team...heck, we don't really have a problem...

THIS IS A DEVELOPMENTAL YEAR !!!!!

DD

5. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

COOL STATS, BRO! Too bad offense is only half the game! Every advanced statistic favors Lowry over Brooks, and it's no coincidence the team is looking like a subpar Eastern Conference team since Lowry hurt his ankle. Again, NOT a coincidence.

6. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

You must be crazy to think Yao is going to run like this team. He does not fit into to this younger/faster team but he will be a part of this franchise forever. It would be like the Shaq situation in Pheonix but worse. Your just asking for him to be shutdown before all-star break. So if Yao goes down again you think Martin, Brooks and company can lead us anywhere? The answer is HELL NO.

Unless we get rid of Yao, he will be our only chance of having any success.

7. bbjai

bbjai Member

Personally I don't think Miami or Boston is suffering to this day because they actually have a championship hanging on their rafters...........where as we have had zip in the 10 years................

I understand DD's statement that Brooks has been hitting people all day but historically I haven't seen him be a good passer to Yao Ming who lets be fair is the one and only franchise player of this club now

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So tonight, he struggled shooting, but all you neanderthals saying he can't be a PG.

15 points
    8 assists
    2 turnovers

And he set his teamates up TONS more times and they missed shot after shot after shot.

AB is fine, he struggled on D, but that Collison Kid had a good game, it happens.

DD

9. T_Man

Again DD, they don't see that....

The funny thing is.. In the beginning of the year when the team was doing good, you never heard a peep out of these folks....

Now that the team hit a couple of hard spots and now they are trying to re-group the wolves are coming out.

I will be so happy when all of the rest of the TOF and YOF leave this board and we are left with ROF....

It's just ridicules with all of the hate on this board... This is a rebuilding year and one of the best rebuilding process I have ever seen...

Great Props to Morey and Adleman for that.

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Last year he had just become the starting PG at the deadline.. and now Yao is gone. Give him a chance, man.

11. towW

towW Member

watch what you ask for Jared Jeffries was playing significant minutes during crunch time. I have a feeling Jeffries just earn himself a ticket to not playing Jordan Hill woooo!

to answer your question pass and run the play... and during that play: looking for an open shot

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

And they won a championship.

And they won a championship.

And they are legitimate contenders this year.

You should be glad there wasn't an actual trade offer that included a Brooks/Nash exchange. Morey would've taken it in a heartbeat (assuming the remaining terms of the trade were fair).

And in retrospect, that was a good trade. It put us in a prime position to win the title. We just didn't get there.

13. T_Man

The Rockets also have 2 banners hanging and they had the same thougth process as you... Let's trade all of our young access away to try and win a championship NOW with both Rudy, JVG and CD...

Now you have Morey and Adleman coming in with s youth movement and trying to set a foundation for years to come...

Yao Ming has yet to show that he can even play, so no way in HELL do you make him your Franchise player at this point...

You guys need to really learn from History... So I will help you out...

(Those who don't learn from the past are deem to repeat it)

Bill Walton

"As a rookie in 1974-75, an injury-prone Walton was limited to 35 games and averaged just 12.8 points. The next season, Walton played 51 games; he averaged 16.1 points and 13.4 rebounds though the Trail Blazers finished last in the Pacific Division.

He made his mark during Portland's 1976-77 championship season, when he played in 65 games and won the NBA's MVP award.
    Walton led Portland past Dr. J and the 76ers in the 1977 NBA Finals.
    He averaged 18.6 points and led the NBA in rebounding (14.4) and blocked shots (3.25). After the Trail Blazers, who finished second to the Lakers in the Pacific Division in the regular season, swept Los Angeles in the Western Conference finals, it rallied from a 2-0 deficit to win the NBA Finals in six games over the Philadelphia 76ers. Walton was voted the Finals MVP.

In 1978, Walton was named All-NBA First Team for the only time after averaging career-highs in points (18.9) and assists (5.0). He also averaged 13.2 rebounds and 2.5 blocks. But injuries hit him again and he played in just 58 games. After a 50-10 start, the Trail Blazers finished 58-24 and didn't even reach the Western Conference finals.

Walton missed the entire 1978-79 season because of a foot injury. He wanted out of Portland. He was so dissatisfied with the quality of medical care he received from the Trail Blazers' medical staff that he filed a malpractice suit.

On May 13, 1979, Walton, a free agent, signed a $7-million, seven-year contract with his hometown team, the San Diego Clippers. After just playing 14 games in 1979-80, he missed the next two seasons because of injuries to his feet."

Walton passed the time by attending Stanford Law School. When he returned to the NBA in 1982, the Clippers gingerly played the center, who appeared in only 33 games. By the end of the 1984-85 season, the Clippers' first in Los Angeles, Walton was embarrassed by his stats: 10.1 points and nine rebounds, though he did play in 67 games.

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

And it's actually a big problem.

It's no surprise that he has trouble with the bigger pgs (Billups, Williams), but when he also has trouble with the smaller pgs (Ford, Collison), then it makes sense to expose him to inferior competition (eventually bringing him in off the bench).

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I do agree Brooks isnt beyond getting harsh criticism. He's a pro, he's playing a premium position.

If he F's up he should hear plainly and exactly what he did wrong. He shouldnt be flamed and made the scapegoat, but he shouldnt be pre-excused either. I say that cuz Trevor Ariza launched up a TERRIBLE ill-advised 3 point miss late in the game. And no one's gonna soften up on Ariza ONE BIT. Brooks missing 2 free throws late, bad miscues and bad defense is equally to be noted.

Whats funny though is what Darren Collison and TJ Ford is doing to the Rockets, Aaron Brooks does that to OTHER teams more routinely. Hopefully this team settles in and Brooks adjusts to the closer role better.

16. anchel

anchel Member

Collison is a much better PG than Brooks. And doesn't need 100 games as starter to look like a pro PG.

17. T_Man

When did Miami last win a Championship.... 2005-2006

What has been Miami's record since then....

2006-07 - Lost First Round
    2007-08 - No Playoffs
    2008-09 - Lost First Round

They sold their soul and now they are paying for it and unfortunately the Rockets did the same thing by loading up with Vets and not drafting or playing your rookies....

18. bbjai

bbjai Member

I don't understand your problem? Miami and Boston both traded young assets for an aging asset and got a championship banner. We are in the same enviable position and like last year some feel like we are missing another all star? I don't see that as being much of a problem based on recent history and how trades for an experienced veteran help out. If i remember correctly the same happened when we traded for Clyde.

Maybe a Steve Nash is something that can push us with Yao and Kevin Martin into a championship. The boy can definetely ball we already knew that. I'm not saying Aaron is a bad guard, but I'm not convinced his a championship guard. His a good backup point or starting point, but his no Rondo, Fisher, Tony Parker.

19. T_Man

No what i'm saying is that the Organization knows they have to make a choice get young or get old.....

From the looks of it they are looking at getting young and having Yao play with them and not them play with Yao...

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

And they won a championship. That's my entire point. Are you being intentionally dense?

If given a 10 year span, I would rather have 1 championship and 9 first round exits as opposed to 0 championships and 10 WCF appearances.