1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Hornets 102, Rockets 94

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 21, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Fuse

Fuse Member

I think JJ is a decent rotational player. Way overpaid though.

We should see what Armstrong/Hill can do as well. Its interesting how much difference that size in the front court does for us.

Martin will eventually get there. He just needs more time to get comfortable with the environment/system.

As people pointed out, we need Lowry badly. His style compliments Bud/Martin a lot better than AB.

I am all for developing the young guys this year and going for the lottery pick.

There is really no point in getting to the playoffs and be cannon fodder.

2. RocketSolid

RocketSolid Member

STARTERS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    Shane Battier, SG 25 3-9 2-5 0-0 0 3 3 2 0 0 1 1 -1 8
    Chuck Hayes, C 22 2-4 0-0 0-2 0 5 5 1 1 0 2 2 -5 4
    Trevor Ariza, SF 29 2-10 1-7 0-0 1 5 6 8 0 1 3 3 0 5

need to say more?

3. Jblazea50

Jblazea50 Member

Adelman is too stubborn. He is infatuated with Ariza for some reason. I have no idea why Scola played only 23 minutes (got a double-double) and didn't even enter the game in the 4th. Thought after Landry was traded, his minutes would increase.

Scola is now the only low post player and therefore needs to be in the game down the stretch so he can open up few shots for others.

Team definitely needs Lowry back.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Calm down, hill hasnt even played. For all we know he's going to stink it up and then you'll be saying you dont give a **** who replaces Hill as long as he's not playing...

5. houston19519

houston19519 Member

I would love to see that :grin:

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Positives - Martin finding his shooting touch, JJ giving the team much needed energy and Bud is developing VERY nicely.

Negatives - Ariza needs to have his touches limited, Lowry is being missed BADLY and not enough movement.

Overall this one doesn't bother as much because we actually played "D" but I think by the time we find a solid rotation the playoffs maybe lost.

7. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

is this you
    [​IMG]

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Positives

-Martin finished off the game with some promise. Hopefully these next 2 days will help him out.
    -Jeffries can contribute to this team
    -Cbud is only getting better offensively

Negatives
    -Ariza is hurt, yet he's always in the game.
    -David Andersen
    -Aaron Brooks is looking like a backup PG and not a starter

9. Eddie281Houston

man atleast we getting a good draft oick if keep going like this...next is orlando magic... :( :rolleyes:

10. Mr.TripleDouble

I missed the game, but was there a reason why Scola only played 23 minutes today? He had four fouls in that short time so I imagine he was having some trouble guarding West, but I think he could've at least matched up with Okafor while Jeffries was assigned to West.

11. Ultimate6thMan

Remember that everyone loves RA ball, the HOF coach that likes to share the ball equally with all teammates so that everyone gets the best and equal shots. No superstar treatment or expectations here. :eek:

Martin will just have to learn how to be a team player and take the shots that fall his way every now and then. He can't be a ball hogger like Tmac was! :rolleyes:

Of course, Ariza is special and we can't hold him to the same standards because our HOF coach has seen the light and given the green light to Trevor! :mad:

12. rockets4life!

rockets4life! Member

Tough loss but, with a full day of practice under there belt they should be fine. Also we really need lowry back he would curb stomp a lot of these guards that brooks cant hold.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

K-brick started to play ok in the last few minutes. he still is'nt worth both mcgrady and landry though. i wouldnt even trade landry straightup for him. he is overrated chucker who plays no defense, cant rebound or pass the ball. if his shot is off, he is next to useless.

14. Rocketfanatic2

Boy, Adelman is really starting to test my patience as of late. I find myself disliking his decisions more and more each game, and my stress level has definitely gone up these past games. I'm not saying that he should be rid of, but he definitely needs to make better choices late in games, and NOT leave Ariza in there to just jack up threes all night.

15. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Were not going anywhere at the moment, it wouldn't hurt to give him a look :)

But when I see Anderson play I feel like my head is going to explode :mad: :rolleyes:

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

RA put Ariza on the court in clutch minites while bench Scola entire 4th quarter.......Unbelivable....

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Atleast mcgrady made others better by his passing and drawing double teams. k-brick if his shot is off, he is borderline scrubish.

18. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

It's not rocket science, but for Idelman it is.

19. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Coaching and bad shot selection loss us this game. Another Knee-jerk :rolleyes:

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

We need to package Brooks/Ariza/Battier for a star in a SnT in the offseason.

Let Lowry start and Temple backup. Would shore up our defense significantly.