1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheGreat, Nov 8, 2009.

1. mic

mic Contributing Member

lol, great contribution to thread

1 person likes this.
  2. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well guys I went 26-0 on Afgan today.....Domination....it was crazy...too bad I didnt have nuke selected....Didnt camp but I spent time between A and B going back and forth....basically everytime I heard...we losing * *

My friend was amazed I was just laughing...was cool to unlock the titles ..didnt think I would ever get those ;)

3. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Droppin "names" I guess?

gfab - none of your kills came from a care package? nice dude.

A couple of times, I was around 21-0, and ended up running out of bullets (I like sleight of hand more than scavenger). I had my nuke equipped and ready. I believe that's the closest I've ever gotten to the nuke. At least my barracks streak says 21 if i remember correctly.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

So, Ive come to realize something...

When I first started playing this game, for the first prestige and a half, I played solely with assault rifles...became a pretty decent player with them. I had a K/D of about 1.65, had called in a couple nukes, had a highest streak of 37, etc...

Then, I decided to switch things up. I started playing with the magnum to get the tactical knife. I started using commando, lightweight, marathon...ran around and had some fun with that. But, I never pulled in great games...just decent games. Still had a good time though.

Then, I moved on to sniper rifles. I played with the Barrett and finally mastered it. Im not that good with the sniper. I still suck at quick scoping. I pull one out of my ass every now and then, but I mostly get hard scope kills and I never really have great games.

So, for the last couple prestiges, I had stayed away from assault rifles just to try different aspects of the game. My K/D has dropped to a 1.36. Over the last week or so, I decided that I want to go back to trying to have big games and getting nukes or whatever. I went back to the assault rifles and I completely suck with them. All that time I spent running and knifing or sniping has really thrown off my game with the assault rifle.

My realization is that Im just average at every aspect of that game now. Im an average sniper, im average with running around with a knife, and now Im average with the assault rifles. And my K/D just keeps plummeting.

FML.

5. mic

mic Contributing Member

Nice. Maybe you're just not playing against rookies anymore.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

i like the ebr 21. it has no recoil compared to the barrett. if you use sleight hand pro - lightweight pro and steady aim pro, it will help with the siting and loading of this gun. aiming will be drastically improved with steady hand giving you extra seconds to adjust the aiming.

7. rezdawg

Thats true...Ive been playing different game types and Im definitely playing against better competition. Its very obvious that the level of play has gone up. I dont like that, I enjoy going on rampages.

8. EssTooKayTD

I love the Intervention. No quickscoping on PC, well, I've never seen it. I've no scoped plenty of people by luck though.

I mean seeing someone run across the map, scope in, pick him off in one shot, and the bolt action animation starts...that's a freaking sweet feeling.

9. rezdawg

I agree...sniper kills can be so satisfying. Even if I dont have a great game, those 1 shot kills just feel great.

10. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

stupid care packages dropped 2 ammo's and 2 UAV 's

I was pissed ...so no more emergency drops for me...Ill stick with going between Nuke Chopper Gunner or AC130 after Harrier and Pavelow

11. rezdawg

Well, if you are aiming for a nuke, then definitely dont use emergency drops since it doesnt count towards your streak. But, if you want to get a huge game, then emergency drops can be amazing. I once got precision airstrike, harrier, ac130 and chopper gunner in one drop. However, it was on freaking skidrow and everyone was staying in buildings, so I got a total of like 10-15 kills with all that firepower. The emergency drop has some drawbacks, like the fact that it takes longer for it to arrive and the fact that they are spread over a huge area, so you can have some boxes dropped out of play or on a building or something. Annoying.

12. Zombie529

Zombie529 Member

My gamertag is Zombie529 if anyone wants to add me. When will NBA Live update with all the trades? I'm excited to play with Martin on the Rockets!

13. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Probably tomorrow when the trades are official. You have NBA Live? I will add you to get some games in.

14. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

Maybe its me, is the gaming online becoming wayyyyy to easy? Should I start playing Hardcore more?

Today, I felt like I was in God Mode, besides 2-3 matches with teammates who was playing as if it was Deathmatch instead of HQ

I had a plus 10-20 K/D ratio

Also, I think that it takes foreverrrrrrrr to unlock a gun..so far I have the titles *INCLUDING HEADSHOTS*for the TAR-21, UMP45, right now working on the F9000 which I prob wont make it to because Im at 69 and about to flip the game again

15. EssTooKayTD

I play on PC and I think I'm getting pretty comfortable in my play level. I get good K/D I think. Really good games I'm up towards 5:1.

Hardcore mode though is very tough for me. I don't know if thats just a better place for cheaters to play since it's much harder to catch them since you can't see their killcam, or if I am actually just not that good.

16. mic

mic Contributing Member

I can't stand to not play HC. It drives me crazy when I unload a whole clip on someone and die in the reload process because my gun is too weak to kill the other person with one clip. That and I feel basically obligated to use stopping power as my second perk on every single class, which is annoying.

I haven't played in a week, though.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That is one reason I could never get into an online game like Halo. It really pisses me off when a full clip of a modern weapon in this game cannot puncture human flesh. It's just dumb. Hardcore mode is the greatest fps online mode ever made imo.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I can generally get first place in a hardcore match with only between 13-16 kills in a team deathmatch. People don't run around like lunatics in hardcore, everyone is more careful, you generally don't know where you are shot from, riot shields kill in one hit, you can't fall far or you die, and most explosions kill you. Hardcore is a much better and tougher experience imo.

18. mic

mic Contributing Member

Yeah, I actually bought Halo a long time ago, but it's still in the shrinkwrap. Idunno why I even bothered... I agree--Hardcore really is the greatest FPS online mode ever made. Once you make the leap, it's pretty much impossible to go back.

One time a group of my friends wanted to play with me, but I only play Hardcore. They said okay, gave it a shot. All they did the entire time was b**** about how many people camp. Idunno about you guys, but camping imo is only when you're hiding in a dark corner or something. If you're staking out a building or a position, I call that strategy.

It's hardcore, so there's a lot less running and gunning (Rambo-style), but to me, that's a good thing. It takes more finesse to play Hardcore. And if you are really good, you probably can get away with running and gunning.

Don't get me wrong, I don't stay stationary for too long. I hold down different positions and try to flank the enemy, too. I primarily play HC HQ, so of course if you're defending, it's good to hold down a position depending on where the headquarter is located.

While coldblooded pretty much takes over stopping power as the essential perk in HC HQ, I don't feel obligated to use it all the time. I switch it up with Hardline Pro and Danger Close, depending on the map.

I just find Hardcore way more fulfilling.

Now I just want a map pack. I'll probably get back into it this week, but I haven't been feeling too good. Sick. :(

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Should have told him that his development team includes a bunch of puss rags and I would merk them all day. And that they took most of the skill out of this game.

20. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

Right now my setup that I use is....Silencer..Marathon...Cold-Blooded and Ninja Pro

Its hilarious seeing them get pissed off..running around with heart beat monitors on they guns.....I usually avoid the rest of my team unless I'm playing with friends...then its just a feast

Some people depend so much on the Heartbeat Monitors, Thumpers and RPG's

I get more kills using my gun than they do firing Rockets every 2 seconds...really whats the point of firing 2 Rockets and then dying so you can get 2 more lol