1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goodbye Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 18, 2010.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Wow, 5 pages already. Mods, please merge.

I guess I have to change my Facebook picture sometime down the line. Thanks for the memories Carl.

2. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

Man that sucks.!!!

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

4. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

The man came to play after taking a bullet while other players were faking injuries to avoid trades. Cheers to Landry.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

6. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

:(

It's so hard to lose Landry. Even more because he's a great guy than because he's a fantastic player.

However, if Morey thinks we're getting Hill for McGrady... then I suppose it makes some basketball sense.

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Landry's toughness and grit will be missed, in the end this may have been the best for him because he now will get a chance at a starting gig.

Good Luck "tooth" and know we will always be fans of your game and spirit.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hate to see Landry go but I knew one of our core would have to go. Always enjoyed watching him play and wish Landry the best of luck in his future career.

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Good Luck Carl!....We'll try to get you back soon.

10. ken

ken Rookie

I KNEW THEY WAS GONNA, :mad: FIND SUM WAY TO FUC*UP THIS TEAM... :mad: .

11. h0uston83

h0uston83 Member

Good trade. I figured this was going to happen. I had posted a comment a while back stating that Kevin Martin would be the best fit for the Rockets. But the only way to get him is having to give up Landry, Lowry, or Brooks in the deal. Sadly enough, it had to be Landry.

Look at the bright side, Kevin Martin is a wonderful person. He is perfect for the Rockets organization. Hopefully, we can do some damage from here on out.

My prediction, Rockets will make one addition or roster move involving a scoring big man.

12. weskurtz81

weskurtz81 Member

[​IMG]

I don't know. I am sure KMart is a good player, but often injured.... and Landry is just such a beast. I REALLY hate to see him go ANYWHERE. Really going to miss his explosiveness and ownage. He might not be the defensive powerhouse, but I have enjoyed watching him roll guy on the offensive end of the court.

13. BlackG35

BlackG35 Member

Getting shot, broken teeth, Stepping up after Yao got hurt. You'll never find a player with the heart Landry played with. :(

14. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Sad day. Lets just hope we can land him in the offseason when he becomes a FA.

15. bucket

bucket Member

Man, I was at the first game where he got a chance off the bench and just destroyed everything. Hate to see him go. On the bright side, he'll get the opportunity in Sacramento to be more of a go-to frontcourt scorer for four quarters.

16. worzel gummidge

Last time I can use this 'shop:
    [​IMG]

17. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

If this is the final trade...without any other moves... this will probably go down as the worst trade in ROCKETS HISTORY! (other than the Hakeem trade).

:mad: x infinity!

18. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

With the 2pm trade deadline approaching, if nothing happens by then, it will register itself, this trade, as one of the worst trade ever in the Rockets book. :mad:

That's just gonna be embarrassing for the guy who pulls the string behind all this, Daryl Morey. :eek:

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

20. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

At first I was so happy to see TMac traded....then I saw that ThunderDome got sent away too.

Martin and Morey are gonna have to do a whole lot to convince me that this was a good move. I am not pleased.

Bye Carl, best of luck to you. You'll be missed by all of us.