1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Grover: McGrady could play vs. 76ers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jsmee2000, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

What the hell is all this garbage?

My eyes!

2. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

haha :grin:

3. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Are you a Montana Rockets fan too? Or does MT mean something else?

4. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

As in mutant turtles.

5. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

Go Tracy!!!!

good luck to him... :cool:

6. bbjai

bbjai Member

If he comes out and smashes teams and leads his team to the playoffs and we suck I wonder if people are going to eat crow here.

7. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

On paper, that all sounds good, however YOU must be the one not watching The Rockets games. Chuck's defender does not sag off of him and clog up the lane. This is because he has shown the ability to drive on them. I would love for people who always bring this crap into the argument to post some video to prove their ridiculous claim. "They don't guard Chuck." "The Rockets are playing 4-5 with Chuck Hayes on the floor."

YADAYADAYADA. If that were the case, Chuck would score more and easier. He wouldn't even be in a position to take so many contested shots at the rim. He wouldn't average any assists.

Nobody wants to talk about the wide open shots that Ariza ,Brooks, and Battier get on a regular basis but can't knock down, many of which come from Chuck Hayes' passes.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think he's going to try and be more of a play maker, he can be more succesful doing that than trying to score on everyone, at least now he would..

9. bbjai

bbjai Member

It would make the Rockets look like complete twats and completely ruin our chances of getting a free agent in the future. OH LOOK we have a perfect player on our roster and we screwed him over, why the F would we sign there. Goes completely with the asset thread, a player isn't going to sign here if they see they are going to be treated like crap because they are humans.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

yes and no

Look what the clipper have done, not just trading their good players, but for crap, for years now. Yet they still have guys like davis signing with them. Money talks most of the time. Other times it's all about opportunity to shine. One bad situation with tmac, who's known for coasting on talent, may not be enough to chase players away. We have a longer record of good experiences with players.

11. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Yep, becuase this is the guy that Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and D Wade all paid for his services, and sought his time.

To be quite frank about it all, Id put way more stock in any players ability than even the mighty D Morey's. Its really not even close.

12. bbjai

bbjai Member

No the Clippers have never sat a player and refused to play them. Maggette comes to mind as one that noone wanted to sign until the Warriors snapped him up. Same goes for even Telfair who has good playing time for a player of his caliber.

Our recent history however:

Bonzi
    Francis
    Vspan
    T-mac

Not the best of histories for treating players in general. I note that we have done that to multiple levels of players, a Veteran (Bonzi at the time) a washed up oldie (Francis), a rookie (Vspan) and a Superstar (T-mac is he comes out firing)

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

who clicked on this thread thinking the thread starter meant tmac would suit up again as a rocket?

14. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

I actually did so don't feel bad. The irony is, what if they don't make a deal? What if the deadline goes by and they couldn't get anything done? Why not play him since you have nothing to lose at this point being out of the playoffs.

I think they can waive him like a week after the deadline though if I am not mistaken, which means he could sign for like the smallest of contracts on any team. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this, but it seems like something like that happened with Gary Payton a few years back. Celtics traded him to Atlanta for Antoine Walker and then he turned around and signed back with Boston.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Maybe he just truly believes in his client? It's not that out of this world that T-Mac might have something left in the tank.

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Holy lord...this looks like an email from my grandfather. Is that you, grandpa?

17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Wow it's raining 3's.

18. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

hahaha. I think we're all exploring other threads tonight, and then assuming we're in the game thread when we post. Happened many many times in multiple threads now.

19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I was hoping nobody noticed. :eek: :grin:

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

like i said, the tmac situation was isolate, and he's known for not having a good work ethic...

Bonzi was a fat bum who also lacked a good work ethic, which is why he's not even in the league anymore, can't just be the rockets being assholes if no one else in the league wants him either. Same for Francis, he's not playing anywhere else, can't accuse houston of mistreating him when he's is /was obviosuly injured, which is why he's still out.

Vspan got traded no because he was mishandled, but because he specifically said he was homesick and wanted to return to Greece/europe. Again, he too isn't in the NBA, not just Houston's fault.

So none of those examples are good ones. Clippers screw guys over more by trading them away like nothing, without having much of a plan, and for peanuts.