1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Rockets to decide on Knicks, Bulls offer Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 16, 2010.

?

Which proposed deal do you like better?

1. Chicago

56.6%
  2. New York

43.4%
  1. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

Portland was fined!

RealGM Note: Though it is not yet known which team was in violation, it is believed to be Portland for announcing Tuesday's Marcus Camby trade.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...de_before_official_completion/##ixzz0fpZP2wxa

2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I must now notify you that you have been fined for announcing that the unspecified team was the Blazers before the league could officially specify that it was them.

1 person likes this.
  3. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

My guess is that they fined the Knicks and Celtics for announcing the House-Robinson swap? I dunno, don't flame me bro!

4. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

I would rather have Tyrus Thomas, the known quantity (who has a chance because of his athleticism to keep getting better) than your the odds of success for a #17 pick. Just me, personally.

5. Dream Shake 81

Rumor after Rumor

I will be turning off my PC till thursday eve.
    - T-mac wont be traded

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

If the Bulls are asking for Scola or Landry then HELL YEA Morey better be asking for Taj Gibson and a draft pick...

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Actually, it might be the lowly Clippers...

#MSteinmetzCSN

I'm hearing LAC put on website early. @WojYahooNBA reports unspecified team fined for announcing trade before official

8. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

LOL @ u!

9. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

10. Dream Shake 81

I thought the fine went to NY - Bos - Nate Robinson

11. carib

carib Member

Whether its the Bulls or Knicks, I hope something happens soon, because there is always a possibility that Tmac does not get traded. I am sure Tmac wants to get traded, even though the other teams are bad, but atleast he will get to play, which is important to players around the league. I think having Tmac being paid millions of dollars and actually not playing is a horrible situation for the Rockets, we have to be thankful that if he does not get traded, his contract expires at the end of the season.

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah I could be wrong but I don't see Morey trading Scola or Landry in the Mac deal. Now in a separate deal yes and for some reason I'm kind of expecting it

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah but if the Knicks "Reduced" offer is Hughes/Jeffries...we can't do anything with that. It would be difficult to trade these guys as NYK's have found out.

At least with the Bulls their players have some worth on the court, and Tyrus could be a good trading asset in the future...but the guy is only 23, if we did get him i'd like to give him a shot than get him for a mid-late first round. At the very least if Tyrus doesn't get any better we know he can still bring something to this team.

14. Dream Shake 81

Is it just me or do you feel in your bones that whatever happens will piss us all off ???!!!

Besides getting T-mac way back when, Scola and Lowry may have been the only ray of sunshine i have seen within a decade.

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Knicks think Houston is asking for too much?? Haha...Knicks didn't give us NOTHING....Hill is NOTHING...jeffries is nothing...SWAP is NULL..and now they're restricting what they're going to give us and say we're asking too much?? Or too little?? SCREWED the Knicks...we should trade w/ Bulls.

16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

If Morey isn't bluffing about walking away from New York and Chicago if he doesn't get a deal he likes . . .

Do I sense my "called shot" (Cook/2011 2nd rd. pick/cash to MEM for Hudson) coming to fruition?

GET 'ER DONE, MOREY!!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!

;)

17. tested911

tested911 Member

What's going to happen is that Chris Bosh somehow lands in our lap with a 3 way trade :) .... DM keep up the smoke screen

18. xkrycekx

xkrycekx Member

what about brooks and landry? hell, even budinger....

19. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I think Tyrus is seriously close to his full potential. He's basically the same player he was at LSU.

And for those of you ridiculous people that are calling Hill a bust when his rookie year isn't even over yet...Tyrus Thomas IS a bust. 4 years of being in and out of the starting lineup, averaging 8 points and 5 boards a game after being drafted 4th overall officially deems him as a bust. And the fact the Bulls traded Aldrige, a franchise building block, for him makes him even more busty than Scarlett Johansson in a low cut dress

20. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Yes, trade Budinger