1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Rockets to decide on Knicks, Bulls offer Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 16, 2010.

?

Which proposed deal do you like better?

1. Chicago

56.6%
  2. New York

43.4%
  1. httx713

httx713 Member

We need athletes, T-mac is done here in Houston. Trade him and get some real athletes in return. Watching that game last night against Utah reminded me how limited the rockets are when it comes to finishing at the basket. ONLY Ariza is capable of Dunking the basketball and Laundry being the other but when he's well defended ( fronted ) the guy can't do anything and most of his dunk attempts get blocked. I love Scola though he can't dunk either, this guy finds ways to score. If it takes Laundry, Cook and T-Mac to get an Amare and Barbosa and some combination of lottery picks go for it Morey but this team can no longer keep playing with slow, short, heavy on the feet players and expect to win... Hayes, Shane, Scola and Brooks 4 Starters playing below the Rim. Don't you wish we had never traded for Battier and just picked Rudy "SuperAthletic" Gay, this kid is only getting better..

2. Rockets1820

Rockets1820 Member

Why would we want to be a facilitator in an Amar'e deal? Why not just go ahead get him in Houston and offer him the max? Amar'e and Yao would be a great combo imo.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Again, the Rockets will not acquire Amar'e as long as he is uncommitted, which he is. He wants to go to Miami.

4. sand333

sand333 Member

The Bulls are supposedly offering Tyrus Thomas(notes), Brad Miller(notes) and either John Salmons(notes) or Kirk Hinrich(notes).

5. Rockets1820

Rockets1820 Member

Amar'e doesn't want to go to Miami. He actually wants to stay in Phoenix. The Suns won't offer him the money he wants. If Houston would offer him the max I would bet he would ok a trade here.

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

While I'd be down with Amar'e and Yao together, I have to agree with HSF09...the Rox do not seem to trust Amar'e so I would be beyond socked to see him in a Rox uni but as part of a deal with him to going to Miami or Clev that would seem very plausible.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nuno said he thinks the Rockets want to trade T-Mac to the Bulls though T-Mac wants to go to the Knicks.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sure, he'd love to stay in Phoenix. They're not willing to pay him the max and I agree. He is not a max player. Miami is his second choice. He owns a home there. That is where he privately wants to go.

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Hence microfractive surgery issues again. :grin:

10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

He's going to Miami if he's a FA. They're already working hard to bring him there this season, without much luck though. Shocked PHO seems to be prefer Hickson over Beasley.

11. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

If Tracy thinks Houston has been rough on him, just wait until the New York fans get a hold of him. If I were him, I'd prefer Chicago.

12. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Very well said.

13. Rockets1820

Rockets1820 Member

Beasley and Hickson both suck.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Exactly.

15. Rockets1820

Rockets1820 Member

Amar'e is a max player. Tell me who the Rockets right now is a major threat on the offensive end? Not one player on this roster has the offensive skills Amar'e has. We need scorers and that's what Amar'e does best. If he's getting 25-30 a night and occasionally 40-50 point games then send him our way bc we need him to compete in the West.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

No, he's not. He only plays on the offensive end! Defense is nowhere to be found. You dont pay a guy max money for playing offense only. Now he may get the max but he isnt a max guy. And yes, I agree. Great player on the offensive end. Much to be desired defensively.

I'd love to have him too, especially on the cheap as that's what it looks like a team could get him for. However, I'm not renting a guy for 2 months who is bound to leave.

17. Rockets1820

Rockets1820 Member

Who plays defense in Phoenix anyway? That's not their style. He isn't asked to play tough defense. He could easily be a better defensive player if the team he was traded to asked him to be more defensive minded. If he's traded to the Cavs he will show everyone he can play some D and same would be said if he was traded here.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

True. I guess we'll have to wait and see what team he goes to and how he does.

19. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Can we ban Hoffy for the next 2 days, his logic drives me insane... :p

20. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Funny how NY was the early leader on the poll, and the more people think about it, they see Chi as the better trade partner. I think some of the NY votes are tainted, because it was before the complete Chicago offer (with draft picks) was even mentioned.