1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Jazz 104, Rockets 95

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Entropy

Entropy Member

Make that Lowry.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

It wasn't only in crunch time tonight. It was pretty much the entire second half.

I think he made two good decisions on the offensive end in however many minutes he played in that half.

It was like a continuation of the Miami game.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Landry and Shane stunk it up. Complete trash on the court today.

All this airballs by Shane. :eek:

4. anchel

anchel Member

I don't blame Aaron and Carl, truly they are what they are...
    I blame on people who keeps thinking that they are future stars, untradeable players. C'mon, wake up, how many of these you need, DDs & Co?

5. worzel gummidge

6. Landlord Landry

omgz lawls, houston we have a problem. yous an original.

7. splendidfish

splendidfish Member

typical for a team full of attitude and work ethic but lack talents. would win a lot in pre-season and the first half of the regular season. however it loses its edge in the 2nd half of regular season when other teams with better talents start to play harder.

8. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Shane needs to learn how to make a shot without having a double or triple teamed Yao on the court. When he has a guy anywhere near him he always misses. And I don't know wtf was up with Landry. Morey needs to trade some of these guys before the magic completely wears off.

9. Landlord Landry

agreed, but I think that has much to do with Lowry not being in there. AB usually plays solid for most of the game, but never plays well under pressure, w/ or w/o Lowry.

10. BrooksBall

If Brooks is going to be part of this team going forward, in any kind of role, Adelman needs to start ripping into him. The "let him play and figure it out" doesn't seem to be working. He goes through extended stretches of bad decision-making with only occasional glimpses of good decision-making, mostly occurring early in games when there is no pressure.

Brooks has limitations, both physically and mentally, but the coach needs to do something to get more out of him. At a minimum, he needs to be all over him until he cuts down on some of the bad decisions.

He's had 3 absolutely pitiful halves of basketball going back to the Miami game.

I'd rather have Alston out there than what I've seen in those 3 halves.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

The game was relatively close, but one could not help but notice how easy it was for the Jazz to score, almost effortless. Like, run down, chip it in. On the other hand, the Rockets seemed to work three times as hard for every point. Our team simply does not have enough shooters/scorers. The Jazz run them on and off the court in droves. The Jazz weren't really as sharp as they have been, but even at three quarter speed, they were much better than the Rockets.

Ariza had some good plays tonight, the dunk was awesome, but is it just me or does he just throw the ball at the basket? Like he is not aiming for anything, just chucks it. Battier was just dreadful, and Brooks and Landry were not much better.

12. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

Or just step down.

13. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I'm never one to question Adelmans rotations but tonight Chase should have finished the game. It's so painfully obious at this point without Lowry, he's the only other option on the perimeter.

14. BrooksBall

Lowry clearly minimizes his need to make decisions but ultimately, whether it's on the Rockets or another team, Brooks is going to be on the court as the only PG for large stretches, whether he's a starter or coming off the bench.

He will never be a great playmaker and orchestrater of an offense but he simply has to learn to be less bad.

If a coach believes enough in the good things he can do, he needs to drill some of the bad stuff out of him.

I'm starting to wonder if Adelman's hands off approach is good for a player like Brooks who clearly needs much schooling to be a more effective NBA player.

15. obliviousworld

i love it when people say my employer can't PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that he's just worth his contract LMAO. not one player or many other player can be compared to my employer! HE'SSSSSSSSSS BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

16. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Well, losing to Utah sucks, and we've now lost three in a row without Lowry. Fortunately, this loss was much better than the last two, and as we tried harder, didn't get blown out, and lost a close game to an unfortunately good team.

Now some observations:

1. Outside of Brooks and Landry, really the whole team played decently to well. This was from my perspective one of Ariza's better games, and lord knows I've defended him quite a bit compared to everyone else. 4-10 shooting is meh, but he made his free throws for once and had 6 assists. What is highly important is that I really can't remember any plays where Ariza would dribble the ball for 15 seconds and then get trapped or do something stupid ala Francis or Artest. This is an important development.
    2. Dorsey didn't play tonight, and I'm now convinced that the only reason he got playing time back then was to showcase a trade, as it is all but certain he will be shipped out along with McGrady assuming a deal happens out of a need to limit the size of our roster. In all likelihood, Dorsey is done as a Rocket, so let's say our farewells. Not that it matters as...
    3. Andersen was splendid. Shot the ball well, even shot the 3-ball well, going 3 for 3 beyond the arc, and rebounded. His defense was as usual, suspect, but against the Jazz frontcourt, things happened. It is hopefully possible that he is adjusting to the American 3-point line, which is a bit farther out than the European one. If so, this will be useful.
    4. Landry's play tonight was extremely concerning. It wasn't that he went 1 for 4 and got only 5 points. It was that this is the first game in a while I can remember that the opposing team simply sent one guy to defend him, and that guy (Millsap) won. Yes, he was doubleteamed, but not to the extent from what I've seen from others.
    5. I did not watch the Miami game at all, and so this was my first time analyzing Temple. He's interesting, as he is clearly highly athletic and plays okay defense, but he is a god-awful passer and bricked his only jumper. Most of the time he was in, Ariza and at times even Batman was bringing in the ball, hardly a good sign. While he is no Lowry, I would say that we can conclude he is better than Conroy, and there is a slim possibility that we could use him once his 10-day up.
    6. I will not talk about Aaron Brooks.

We play Milwaukee tomorrow, which is our last game with the old Rockets before we ship McGrady's corpse off to Chicago or New York. This will be an important game, and Brooks must redeem himself by destroying Jennings. Period.

17. Im Just Sayin

Im Just Sayin Member

I barely noticed Carl Landry tonight. All Star layoff hangover.

18. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

Most likely for the same reasons that you think we can.

It would be very telling to me if the reasons for why chemistry and stuff were so important to protect earlier in the season all of a sudden no longer mattered once a trade occurs.

Better luck next year. This was just a bungled season from so many directions. But I will admit that I can't wait to see Battier/Ariza defend you-know-who later in the season (either March 21 NY/22 Chi). That's should be a very intense game for both sides because both have something to prove to the other!!!!! To me that's when basketball is at its best, hopefully like March Madness.

19. Blurr#7

His decision-making is that of a shooting guard. Notice how on the pick and rolls the ball never gets back on the roll out or on the dive. Aaron just tries to attack and turn the corner. I love Aaron but not having Lowry to take the ball handling pressure off him in crunch time is really hurting us.

20. Blurr#7

So you're employed by Tracy? So what are you like his "Fluffer"??

#60 Blurr#7, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010