1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dorsey is better than Hill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Feb 15, 2010.

1. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

yeah I feel like we're just settling or Orlando on the other end of the T-mac deal.

2. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Can someone explain to me how you can draw this conclusion based upon approximately FIFTY MINUTES OF CAREER TIME IN THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION?

I'd be embarrassed to create a thread like this one.

1 person likes this.
  3. blink

blink Contributing Member

i see what you did there :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

except orlando had just drafted d12 and had something to build around. we have an oft-injured big man that gets beat by front defense

4. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

The only thing I have realized from this thread is that you have to at least give one star to every thread... this thread shows the flaws of this system

1 person likes this.
  5. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

This thread makes me want to read a Dick Justice article..

6. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

If we keep McGrady and let his contract expire, and decide not to resign Lowry and Scola we only have 7-8 million for free agency. If we do this trade we go over the CAP and can sign both Scola and Lowry back along with use the MLE ($5.8-6 million) to sign someone.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5103342&postcount=454

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

What are you saying Charlie? Are you embarresed for me? You don't believe Dorsey is better, you do believe Dorsey is better, or you just think it is impossible to know? I'm guessing it is the latter but that suggests no one can know how good a player is without watching them play in the NBA.

Did you watch the games in the summer league Dorsey had. Did you watch the game against Memphis Dorsey had. Did you watch any of his college games. I am not saying Dorsey is a major talent. But I am saying everything that I've seen of Dorsey and Jordan shows me that Dorsey is more athletic than Hill. Hill does have a better outside jumper. But that's because Dorsey doesn't have one. What i've seen so far is Dorsey is quicker more explosive, better rebounder better blocker and more athletic. I have watched college film of both of them and I have watched some of Hill's NBA games.

Now I will be the first to say athletic is sometimes overrated and I will also say the biggest problem I have with Dorsey's game is he doesn't always play very smart. In the summer league and the last 2 games he has played he has shown improvement on that. Not major strides but definite improvement. If he continues to improve he will earn more minutes. But my biggest problem with Hill is that he doesn't seem to have the brightest game either.

Dorsey easily could be a 10+ rebounder and 2 shot blocksper game type player given the minutes. I don't see that out of Hill. But he definetely has a better jumpshot albeit just average at best.

If that embarrasses you than you are easily embarrassed and perhaps you should not respond to this post as it may make your face turn red and poopy in your panties.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dorsey has some potential but his lack of work ethic and intellect makes him pretty much a bust as a player you can count on....Hill was the 8th pick in the draft for a reason.......and the Rockets are going to look at him going forward.

Getting anything for Dorsey, Tmac and Cook is a win.

DD

1 person likes this.
  9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Chuck Hayes is 6'6. :p

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RTZcMwsBj70&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RTZcMwsBj70&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> ;)

10. elindio23

elindio23 Member

dorsey is old enough to be oden's son

1 person likes this.
  11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Here is a very scary thought for me: I agree with you.

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I agree his upside is much higher, but I've heard the same knocks on Hill.

The picks are the key in this deal.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If Morey really wants Hill, there has to be a reason. We havent had a mobile defensive big in quite a while. He could fit nicely next to Yao in stretches. If Hill turns out to be a quality rotation player however, which I think he will be, then this might phase out Chuck Hayes.

Another thought that comes to mind is that Sacramento is still seeking a big and Hill fits the bill. Maybe this is all just a play for a bigger trade.

14. blink

blink Contributing Member

ive read bima's post.... where does he say that if we dont resign scola/lowry, we wont have enough to sign a player to ~13mil and backload the contract?

edit: im looking at the numbers... if we let tmac expire and dont resign scola/lowry.... we have about 13mil to spend, given that the cap is at ~54mil

15. 34to11

34to11 Member

From what I see this is a meh kind of deal centered around potential.

Anyone who thinks the Rockets make out like bandits in this deal has seriously been drinking the Kool Aid

16. rocketsmetalspd

Getting 1st round picks, 8th pick in last years draft, and expiring contract for TMac, Dorsey, and Cook is a very good deal. Plus the current roster stays intact.

17. batizy

batizy Member

Hill is the core of the trade, if you are right, why Morey make that trade?
    Hill just didn't have chance or fit for Antoni's system.

18. Hball

Hball Member

Were getting back 2 first rounders?

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Hahaha.

No.

1 person likes this.
  20. Hball

Hball Member

Agreed I think it's bad because were still building around Yao in which he only has around a 2 -3 year window, pieces like this isn't getting us any closer to contention.