1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NETS have interest in JVG

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by phantoman, Feb 11, 2010.

1. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i would love for them to get jvg, but i think they need more than a new coach, that franchise is stuck, they're one step closer, but still they need more talent. what ever happened to harris? he torched us when he was with them mavs, then he disappeared into the jersey shore

2. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Split more hairs. 1 in 4 is still a pretty good shot.

You don't think landing John Wall would appear to those guys? Playing with Lopez should appeal to them as well.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

JVG is a good coach, but I don't think he'd be the right coach for the nets. JVG doesn't develop young guys; he's a good coach for a veteran team with title aspirations. Sure, he could work with a top-3 pick, but the Nets have a whole roster of other players that need to develop and mature. JVG isn't the coach for those guys.

4. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

JVG is waiting for the Denver job to possibly open up if Karl leaves.

5. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

JVG is already hired.....

....as the Suns mascot.

1 person likes this.
  6. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

No that would be Avery Johnson my good man

7. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Awesome.

JVG to NJ.

Tmac to NJ for their pick + 23 million in salary cap filler. You know JVG still has manlove for Tmac and he wouldn't care about having a good rookie, he'd rather play Juwan Howard.

8. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I have to disagree with you. I side with JVG.

9. amaru

amaru Member

Don't do it to yourself JVG

Those boys don't play defense......you'll have a heart attack when you see this piss poor rotations.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

JVG is not looking to go back to coaching any time soon

11. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

why not? it's a decent gig if you ask me.

1. top draft pick
    2. solid ownership/financial status - new arena
    3. a top 5 pg in devin harris, and a top 10 c in brook lopez to build around
    4. coaching autonomy**** - essentially a blank canvas to impose his JVGdom

now there is no way in hell jvg leaves the luxury and pay of top broadcaster for the nets (after waiting out several offers from superior teams in previous offseasons). i'm just saying that head coaching position remains a good opportunity for somebody out there to prove themselves.

i personally think jvg may never get back into coaching, or at the very least wait a couple seasons. even still, i just don't see him wanting to fit in with many teams, nor him being overzealous and taking a job because of reasons other than the quality of the team itself, and with such few nba head coaching jobs available, i just don't see him leaving the mic soon.

12. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

good for jvg, but I will miss him on epsn,owning mark jackson.

He is going to be a good fit.

13. lalala902102001

I think that Jeff is too smart to take the Nets job. They are in f rebuilding situation for the long haul and no coach can turn this ship around in a year or two. If JVG coaches again, I expect that it will be with a contender.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

if they had a top 5 pg and a top 5 c, they would have more than 4 wins

1 person likes this.
  15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It's like if the Rams had interest in Cowher, or the Nets are like that rose kid.
    [​IMG]

16. Chronz

Chronz Member

JVG would make that team elite defensively

17. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Well the Nets are a lost cause. Maybe with JVG they can win a handful of games with his hardnose defense tactics and his discipline. JVG will bring the Nets discipline because that is what they desperately needs. They are not the worst talent in the league. Actually they have a group of very talented players in Harris, Lopez, Lee, Yi and Roberts.

But they are missing that discipline element in their game which JVG will bring. But I prefer JVG as an ESPN commentator than the Nets coach.

18. showtang043

showtang043 Member

this would be a genius move on JVG, the nets have talent, even people who can score with devin harris, yi, and brook, and money next year. JVG will instill defense and this year they are rock bottom, they can only go up, and he will get credit

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tvMduWKHNpY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tvMduWKHNpY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Chris Paul
    Deron Williams
    Steve Nash
    Chauncey Billups
    Jason Kidd
    Rajon Rondo

In fact, I would have a hard time putting him in the top 15...

20. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

It would be difficult rebuilding with the NY media breathing down your neck......If he signed a 5 year deal or even a 3 yr contract -he could rebuild the first 2 yrs then field a decent team- it is the East!