1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Matt Bullard] McGrady may not be moved

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 6, 2010.

1. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

What i'm saying is ways to improve your team without beating around the bush about it. I'm throwing ideas out how to improve the team. Your suggesting that the ideas wont work.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

when you throw out very specific trade scenarios you have to expect for us to take it seriously, as if you've researched it to some extent, made sure it's reasonable and the numbers work...otherwise it may be best to not be so specific. Perhaps the your basic idea may work, but the specific examples of that idea that you're throwing out is what i dont think will work...

3. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I think that Detroit scenario would work. Why? Prince could be dealt and Ariza seems like that guy who would fill in perfectly for them. By looking on the market. Who could replace Prince through the draft or even through the Market? So you'd think they are more interested in trying to upgrade the team - the sooner the better. And use the pick as an early chip. Brown, Daye, Atkins and their pick. No?

I also think Washington would work for us, don't know for anybody else though. Cook for Stevenson and their pick 6. Now Cook maybe expiring and that 1 year from Stevenson is off their books now. Which makes the pick a chip to move him ahead of time. We have Brooks, Landry, Battier, Stevenson all coming off the books including Yao. We have to re-up our players that year, not this year.

Now to Minnesota. Probably wont work. Session for 3 years just for their pick? Don't think so. Unless they throw in Brewer. Of cource. Only Battier makes sence at this point. Oh wait! We have Llull and Budinger. Yes or No for that #2 pick. No? then how about we throw in out 14 pick and move up instead?

Now to Utah. Scola won't get it done will it? For Miles? Dont think so. So now what? Move on...

Now to Indiana. Scratch that idea!!

So i tried again to see if these would work. Again just ideas. Assuming nobody can improve the team through trade. We have to have plan b, plan c, plan d lined out.

You have #2, #5 AND #6 picks with Stevenson(1year), Dayle(3years), Atkins (expiring), Brewer(1year), Sessions(3years)

Moved Battier (1year), Ariza (4years/last year ply option), Budinger (3years), Cook (expiring), Lull, 14th pick (moved-up)

4. dexkk

dexkk Member

Before you post trade ideas, think carefully about the other team's opinions.

If you were Detroit, would you trade your #5 overall draft pick for ariza? If you were Washington, would you trade your starting center and #6 draft pick for two bench rotation players?
    If you were Minnesota, would you trade #2 pick for Battier and Dorsey?

Your trade proposals get worse and worse. If thinks were that simple, you don't think Morey would've done it already? It takes two to make the trades work. If I came up to you and asked if you wanted to trade me your 100 dollar bill for my 50 and 20, would you?

5. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Ok so how do you know what the other teams plans are? I looked at it from both sides. Articles too..

6. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Well what ever.. I think people have a tendency to look at the larger picture instead of the smaller details to improve the team. Last i hear Detroit don't want expiring contracts for Prince of Hamilton. So this must suggest, they want to upgrade the team and will need to use the pick if neccessary. Go on realgm if you dont believe me in one article.

Washington said they want to clear cap space and want a rotation player. the best we'll do is also ask for their pick. Hello????

Minnesota did not print anything besides they'll move Sessions.

Articles said Houston will take back salary? Do you really believe they'll do this without picks ANYBODY????

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

rockets 4279...the problem is that you're reaching with all these scenarios...you're assuming another team will make a move and that move will open up a spot and then the rockets can ssweep in and take advantage of it....its not that realistic or likely when you need other moves to set up your examples.

8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

It's pretty obvious that the T-wolves do not plan on moving the potential #2 pick for a marginal starter and a scrub. (Battier and Dorsey)

Here's to you, Mr. Preposterous Trade Suggester!

9. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

More difficult to move because of the current economical climate perhaps, but not because teams really don't want him as a stop-gap solution/huge expiring contract IMO.

I don't have the link, but I've read a Morey quote on Clutchfans saying that when you trade at the deadline you get far better value than you would at any other time during the season or offseason.

I'm willing to make a tipjar bet with you saying he gets moved before this years trade deadline.

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I want to admit somewhere among the endless list of trade scenarios that the Rockets could trigger or gamble on for the sake of the season. Somewhere on the list, in the top 5-7, one could see the possibility of leaving T-Mac where he is and continuing the season as is.

When you think about it is actually a great move to just hold steady. T-Mac expires at $23 million. I'd imagine there's a possiblity of resigning Scola, Landry, Hayes, and Lowry, while even adding one FA to the mix and make a good draft pick for a center or SG.

11. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

No one is untouchable, just depend who you get in return.
    Pretty sure Morey will trade the whole team for LeBron James.

12. Possum

Possum Member

Morey is smart. He will sit around and let other teams make trades until most options for teams are gone then he will swoop in and take advantage of someone who gets ansy at the last moment and fleese them.

13. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

see DADA I told you! An expiring contract just won't get you much these days. Especially when it's $24 million, because the baggage is just too heavy.

I am sure their are some deals on the table that many on this board would take, but they are not players Les wants.

Less than 10 days left.

IF WE LOSE MORE THAN 3 OF THE NEXT 6, I SAY WE TURN TO MCGRADY!

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The last bit killed the credibility of the post....but gotta love the enthusiasm.

15. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

We cant keep losing and expect to make the playoffs. I admit I am growing impatient.

16. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

So you'd have to sell out higher ehh? Some where ther is a pick though maybe not top ten, but maybe 10-20 range like i suggest a couple days ago.

17. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Correct, this is why if a pick or two was in the 5-15 range and was plausible he'd think about it.

18. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

let him play and see what happens.....