1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MyFoxHouston] Rockets to sign Garrett Temple

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Feb 7, 2010.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

yeah i know, but i was comparing him to the average person, not the average nba player...and it's more about the length of the contract...only 10 days 80k...the average person could take the rest of the year off after 10 days work.

2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Dope. I really liked Temple and was one of the few who wanted to get him here. Hopefully he will impress!

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

The veteran minimum is determined on how many years the player has been in the NBA. Currently you have to be in the league 6 years or more to make 1 million or more on the veterans minimum contract.

Still, 80k for 10 days of work is a nice paycheck if you can get it.

4. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

This is the move. Our team will be amazing now. I can already taste the champagne, see the parade floats, and hear Scola directing the band...

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I just hope we see JT more.. maybe he can be a combo guard for us.. we are going to lose to Miami anyway might as well get him some burn..

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I think the key thing to note from this is that the Rockets are seriously using the Vipers as a minor league affiliate. We're basically calling up players based on our needs and sending them back. It has been obvious we never had any intention of keeping Harris or Conroy. We probably wont keep Temple either. But, it is nice to be able to use a player when our schedule warrants it. We brought Mike Harris in for big man help because of the opponents we were facing. Then, Lowry went down and Conry was immediately called up. It's like an injury reserve pool for us. This is truly innovative in the NBA. I don't think any time has ever done stuff like this. Nor is anyone doing it now...

7. bigrub

bigrub Member

just throwin this out there. why not bring von back in last time i checked he was still available and better than any of our wings

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Last time I checked he was injuried/recovering from injury.

9. woket

woket Member

It really is a good idea. An injury reserve pool of guys who should know how to play the way the Rox want to play - and be able to "hit the ground running" if and when needed.

10. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Ummm, probably will be about the same as any other d-league guy we've called up. Though, I'd like to see JT get some pt.....he always puts up buckets in the DL. Needs some time in the NBA.

11. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

luxury tax.

12. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Plus it is 10 days of work playing basketball

13. CHayesIsMyHero

I have a question.... Rudy Gay has a player option for next year and if he stays with memphis he will only be making 4.2 million... Could we sign him as a free agent next year for around 7 or 8 million?

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not unless we renounce Luis and Lowry. Not worth it.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

not gonna happen, he turned down an extension from memphis because they offered less than the 10 mill/yr he wanted. My guess is someone will give him that this summer after they lose out on bigger names..

16. Randy_Franklin

im sure he hates mike harris cuz mike makes 80k in 10 days and RV6, while he may be banking 82k, its probably 82k per yer.... not per 10 days

17. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

18. Hball

Hball Member

Agreed but it doesn't matter, Adelman's not going to play him even if he was signed.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i realize that, it doesnt take away from my point, which was he made enough in 10 days work to take care of himself for the year...and considering he was here during the preseason, and NBDL players get an average of 35K, then he should actually make more than 82K this year....

20. AXG

AXG Member

Me too! Temple is a great defender and can play multiple spots.