1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Philly Inquirer] Trade rumors swirling around 76ers' Iguodala(McGrady)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 28, 2010.

1. anchel

anchel Member

¿? Yao will be always the 1st option, that's irrefutable. The best offensive big man of the league has to be always the 1st option on any team.

2. HouSportsScene

If you put all the sources together you can come out with no other conclusion that McGrady is going nowhere other than Peter North's studio.

http://houstonsportsscene.wordpress.com/2010/02/05/2010-rockets-trade-3/

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The thing of it is....Iguodala is a penetrator and finisher. Can Brooks play off that???? YOU BET! Brooks can play with Iggy the exact same way he plays with Lowry......off the ball more. He can still run the point. But when Iggy goes to the hole...what better guy do you want standing out there for the kickout than a guy with a great jumper (Brooks) combined with the quicks to pump fake and take it to the rack with unstoppable quickness (Brooks). Iggy will fit in fine in a playmaking role. He won't dominate the ball. He can get to the rim. And best of all, he can defend, run like the wind, and finish. Iggy and Ariza at the 2/3 is going to give us two very, very athletic wings that can run the break. And it gives Ariza the chance to go to the spot up and let Iggy collapse the defense. I think Iggy is a 2-way fit for this team.

1 person likes this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I will say this. Who ever gets Iggy and Sammy are going to be difficult the entire time they are on that team. I'm talking years! Houston should be that team. Maybe we lose Scola or Lowry, but we still win. I'm telling you guys, adding those 2 to this team, CONFERENCE CHAMPS!!

5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

That's what she...nevermind nevermind

I agree with your analysis of Iguodala. I'd like to add that he seems to have improved his passing game in terms of making the right pass. I haven't watched too many games to say he has good court vision, but his assist numbers are slightly up

The one thing I like about Lowry is his court awareness. He is the best passer the Rockets have at the point. I think if a deal goes down for Iggy, Lowry is part of the deal. If Lowry is out, I will miss his passing ability and control at the point

6. jopatmc

Congrats on your first post.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Talks are 'sporadic'?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...___Iguodala_trade_talk__Phoenix__Houston.html

Sixers Notes: Iguodala trade talk: Phoenix, Houston

NEW ORLEANS - The latest trade talk circulating around 76ers swingman Andre Iguodala has him going with teammate Samuel Dalembert to the Phoenix Suns for star power forward Amar'e Stoudemire and, possibly, guard Leandro Barbosa.

According to an NBA source, the two teams have discussed this and other trade scenarios, although there are a few snags with the potential trade. Stoudemire's contract situation is chief among them.

The NBA's trade deadline is Feb. 18.

Iguodala has four years and $56 million remaining on his contract; Dalembert will earn $12 million next season, after which his contract expires. Stoudemire's contract expires at season's end, but he has a player option to earn $17 million for the 2010-11 season.

The Suns are very interested in Iguodala, according to the source. But are the Sixers interested in acquiring Stoudemire, who may or may not remain with the team past the end of this season?

Contrary to what has become popular belief, the Sixers are not interested in expiring contracts, so this deal would make sense only if there were assurances that Stoudemire - rumored to be balking at the thought of joining the Sixers - would remain another season and then seriously consider re-signing.

The other long-rumored trade scenario involves Iguodala going to the Houston Rockets for Tracy McGrady and his $23 million expiring contract. According to a source close to the situation, talks between the teams have stalled and could accurately be labeled as "sporadic."

At the shoot-around before last night's game against the New Orleans Hornets, Iguodala talked about the impact of trade speculation and whether he considers it flattering.

"I think I've always known how my game is seen across the league," Iguodala said. "I think I'm one of those guys who gets a lot more respect from my peers than those who don't know that much about basketball, so I think that's the good part. I'm ready for whatever - I don't look at anything as a negative."

Is this the first time in his career that widespread speculation has involved him?

"I think there was one other time - I don't think it was as much," Iguodala said. "Once you get into your bigger deals, there's talk about more. Some of the best players - Shaq has been traded a couple of times, so it's not bad at all."

Iverson out again. Last night against the Hornets, Sixers guard Allen Iverson missed his second consecutive game due to personal reasons related to an illness suffered by one of his children.

The Sixers have listed Iverson as a "game-time decision" tonight at the Houston Rockets.

Paul-less Hornets. Last night, the Hornets were without all-star point guard Chris Paul, who underwent surgery Thursday on his left knee. Paul is expected to miss four to six weeks. Before being injured, he was averaging 20.8 points, 11.9 assists and 4.6 rebounds a game.

8. jopatmc

Contrary to popular belief, the Sixers aren't interested in expiring contracts...................??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoever wrote this is a tool.

9. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Just one thought, Morey recently said that "This team is the kind of team big players will want to come to."

Could Morey possibly try to keep Tmac's expiring, and trade other of our guys for expiring contracts to be able to get a MAX player in the FA? Who would we need to trade for that to happen?

He also said "We will find a good player more easily through trade", so that kills me idea, but still, what would be needed for us to get enough cap for a max guy?

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

So I guess Its not Happening...to bad :(

I would still try to trade Shane to the Thunder for Ibaka & Phx 2010 draft pick

--RB

11. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

If they aren't interested in expiring contracts, what would be the purpose of trading Iggy? Iggy is the best player that they have. Amare can opt out of his contract next year.

12. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Is that a rumor you read or is it something you made up?

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Really good post! I would just add that Iggy is young and just another big asset towards building a championship team for years to come.

14. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

He thinks since that source said the 76er's didn't want an expiring contract then they won't take T-Mac.

15. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

If Iggy and Iverson worked for Philly it would work here too with Brooks.

16. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Quote:
    Contrary to what has become popular belief, the Sixers are not interested in expiring contracts, so this deal would make sense only if there were assurances that Stoudemire - rumored to be balking at the thought of joining the Sixers - would remain another season and then seriously consider re-signing.

The other long-rumored trade scenario involves Iguodala going to the Houston Rockets for Tracy McGrady and his $23 million expiring contract. According to a source close to the situation, talks between the teams have stalled and could accurately be labeled as "sporadic."

How do they move Dalembert alone without moving Iggy then? Dalembert can goto Phoenix or possibly Sacramento. They want players for Iggy. I hear Cleveland also had a deal lined out with them where Wally was going to be S&T and one of Hickson or Green with Ilguaskus and his 75% paid for contract. How is that possible to pull? Are they signing Wally to the amount of Dalemberts contract? Also, i though S&T can only be 1-1 swaps without other players included.

17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

If you're referring to the Battier thing, sorry its just a proposal(which I think has a chance, given that Thunder are probably looking for some Vet. experience), I just miss wrote it, sorry!!... :grin:

--RB

18. killtaker

killtaker Contributing Member

Watching Iguodala closely on every possession tonight and I'm sorry, but he's not worth the +50 Mil over the next few years. He certainly won't fit with Yao. Thanks, Iggy, for your stamp of confirmation!

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

9 pts 8 rebs 6 ast 2-7 from the field, 1-4 from 3pt thus far(game not over yet). Nothing too special though but jmo

20. SouthMJS

SouthMJS Member

and he hits a 3 to end it.