1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baldinger: McNair "content with mediocrity"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Feb 5, 2010.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Merge/Lock if necessary, thanks.

http://www.examiner.com/x-778-Houst...Baldinger--Bob-McNair-content-with-mediocrity

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Mark and John are Texans patsies. They won't agree with bashing McNair and Kubes for their stupidity.

The only way you send a message is by not going to the games.

people don't care about the team, they just want to party in the parking lot.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

kind of funny how he points to the jets, who had the SAME record.

2 people like this.
  4. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

I take it you werent at that last game against the pats...it was electric in the stands.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah, THAT'S it. The fans don't really care about the team, they are just there to party in the parking lot. :rolleyes:

6. justtxyank

Question. I'm not that familiar with how playoff seeding works, so hypothetically if two of the teams on our schedule had forfeited the game and let us win instead of lose, would that potentially have made our playoff chances higher?

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This guy is utterly clueless.

The Capers era Texans were left as a total f***ing mess.

There's what, 3 players still on the team from 2006? That is insane turnover.

Obviously Gary and Co. have had some major house-cleaning to do, and to pull a team from 2-14 to 9-7 and not having posted a "losing" record since 2006 isn't bad at all. Considering how many good new players they had to acquire, how many crappy players they had to get rid of, and not to mention the fact that the AFC South has been one of the top 2 toughest divisions in football the past 5 years.

Assclown needs to read a book and stop talking so much.

8. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

i forgot the all the scenarios, but basically, if the jets lost their last game to Cincy, the texans were in the playoffs.

9. justtxyank

Oh come on please DonkeyMagic!

I was obviously being sarcastic. Of course if two losses were turned into wins for the Texans they were in the playoffs lol.

10. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

that's the problem with outside media. They know NOTHING of the texans. Can't say i blame them, but if you're going to give your "expert" opinion, they should at least brush up a little.

This team was in complete shambles after capers. It was even worse than an expansion team because they were already tied up with salary cap

11. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

:eek:

must have misread that. But hell, they didnt even need 2...just 1

12. justtxyank

I was playing on the stupidity of this author pointing to the Jets being in the playoffs thanks to two teams quitting for them as an example of why the Texans are failures. Sure would have been nice for the Texans to be given a few forfeiture wins.

13. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Yeah, that is what I was thinking as well, guy had some points but he acts as if, Rex Ryan walked into a bottom of the cellar team and dramatically improved it. They had the exact same record in the regular season as they did the season before.

Yeah, because people LOVE to pay stupid amounts of money that it takes to buy Texans memorabilia, bring over tvs, cooking equipment, RVs and all the usual Tailgating party standards because they don't care if the team wins or loses. Yep, we were voted the top tailgating city, because Houston football fans just loves the Reliant Parking lot and don't care at all about the team inside the building. :rolleyes:

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

One game. well the Titans game too but It's not a coincidence that there are more people tailgating at kickoff then there are inside the stadium.

15. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

you don't go to many games do you?

At every stadium there is a contingency that tailgates, but to throw a blanket statement like that out there is ridiculous.

Everytime i've been to a texans game, the stands are pretty damn filled at kickoff.

16. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

If Kubiak doesnt go 10-6 next year I think he will be fired. The extension doesnt mean much at all....

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I doubt it.

8-8 or less? Maybe fired.

9-7 or more? Sits tight.

Playoffs? Automatic retainer.

18. deepellumrocket

I think what this guy and a lot of media types don't see is that the Texans want to build a franchise that will be a title contender over for an extended period of time, like the Colts and Patriots were throughout the past decade. They've been stockpiling talent on offense since Kubiak got here and have now begun to build a credible defense as well. The media guys want to see a quick turnaround like the Jets this year or Atlanta, Baltimore, and Miami last year, all with rookie head coaches. As has been pointed out, when you examine the Jets results over the past two years, the "turnaround" isn't really so impressive. Also, of the three teams from last year, only Baltimore returned to the playoffs this year. Atlanta and Miami weren't able to sustain the improvement from the year before.

I think McNair doesn't want to hire a new coach for a one-year run at the playoffs. He wants to build a program with stability that will be a playoff team year after year and he sees the Kubiak regime heading in that direction. Baldinger doesn't see it that way because apparently he's more impressed by the "spectacular" turnarounds of the Jets, Ravens, Dolphins and Falcons.

19. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

If you think Kubiak is a mediocre coach who won't lead us anywhere, fine. But if you think that we're not better off now than we were 4 years ago, you're a F'n idiot. Like it or not, we were 2-14 when Kubes took over, and we almost made the playoffs this year. It may not be quite the improvement we've liked, but that IS significant improvement.

1 person likes this.
  20. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

i like to here from differant people about my teams, ut I like them to have a clue also. 8-8 two years after a two win season is not something to crap on. And if I am not mistaken the Jets had the same record we did. sooo my respect fo rthis dude just dropped a few points