1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iggy/Dalembert or Martin/Nocioni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Jan 28, 2010.

?

Iggy/Dalembert or Martin/Nocioni

1. Tmac for Martin/Nocioni

74 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. Tmac for Iggy/Dalembert

376 vote(s)
    83.6%
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This.

2. platy

platy Member

i sense over-analysis of Doc's post in this thread :grin:

nice to see you again btw

3. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

who is the "phd doctor" in the rockets organization?

4. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

send positive rep my way and ill tell you who doc is

he could have just said "philly" or guys from philly, instead he used the word cats, and carney is a cat and mobley is a cat and Tmacs agent has gone to NY to discuss trade but not to philly. From listening to Moreys comments,the rockets are going to make tmac happy, tmac rather goto NY than philly. has to be a 3way otherwise we dont get iggy.

5. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Why? You can re-sign your own players over the cap. If we have a legit shot next season, I could see us doing it. Lowry will be cheap (~$3 mil) and Scola won't be making much over the MLE.

6. Depressio

Rep blackmail and bargaining? Members keep reaching new lows...

Whaaaat? The Rockets have done everything BUT make McGrady happy. Morey's decision will not be influenced by McGrady whatsoever, and every indicator has shown that.

7. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

wrong on both accounts. do you want me to just say right now who he is? i dont want to give out the name like that. maybe i should have said email me instead of rep.

2. you dont listen to 610 obviously morey has said atleast twice that we intend on making tmac happy wherever he goes.

if the rockets wanted to screw him over, they would marbury him.

8. Depressio

They're not trying to screw him over, but they're not going to make a bad move just to pacify him. Stop making things up.

9. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

how is trading for ny's expirings a bad move? i know what you mean, they wont make a bad move. i didnt make anything up sheesh. now i know how DD feels. tmacs agent has made a trip to NY but i havent heard anything about philly. Dantoni keeps making comments about tmac so obviously NY is interested. Philly hasnt said anything, everything we read is from opinions and hearsay

morey said he wants to make tmac happy, i heard it myself about 2 weeks ago. i agree with you on that we are not bowing down to tmac, but we arent going to trade him to the clippers where he can rot either. the trade has to make both sides happy,tmac and rockets, and i bet thats a hard thing to do,Id be surprise if morey can pull it off.

10. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Not necessarily. Hence, my statement that the Martin/Nocioni combo would at least allow the Rockets to retain Scola AND/or Lowry (meaning possibly both). Still, that Nocioni contract would be in lieu of a potentially significant MLE free agent acquisition. Also, if the Rockets actually view Nocioni as a "stretch 4", then perhaps Scola isn't retained from a pure personnel standpoint, especially if Scola signs a lucrative offer sheet.

11. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Yes, the Rockets CAN re-sign Scola and Lowry. But with a luxury tax bill in the $15-20M range for next season if Les Alexander does all that, resulting in a total resulting payroll/tax cost to Les of about $90-100M, I just don't see all of that actually happening.

12. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Kevin Martin + Nocioni = 122 combined missed games over the last 4 years.
    IGGY + Dalambery = 6 combined missed games over the last 4 years.

Do we really need another "IF HEALTHY" scenario???

Sure the contract is a bit of a burden, but why go after injury prone players when you can have durable players?

Since the hand injury, Martin has averaged under 13ppg on 27% shooting in 7 games. I'd much rather let Ariza go trigger happy!

I'd rather have IGGY and Dalembert...if we dont get them, i'd rather get players who are durable. We cant afford to have any more "IF HEALTHY" type seasons..

13. tracymclady

tracymclady Member

if a healthy yao and tmac didnt have success how would a yao/martin or iduodala combo work especially since yao might not be the same player, battier is older, and a healthy mcgrady is easily better than both those players. i say go after wade. =]