1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Philly Inquirer] Trade rumors swirling around 76ers' Iguodala(McGrady)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 28, 2010.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I would gather good players and let the coach figure it out. This whole dreamland scenerio about getting bosh or wade is far fetched to me. I think brooks has shown he can be a explosive player. I find no fault with having 3 #2 options in brooks,iggy,and yao in no particular order. All 3 can get a high quality shot during stretches in the game. There wouldnt be a shot conflict with any of them because they score differnt. All 3 could be 18-20ppg starters which is a good thing. Like ive said before, a move like this will cost you scola,lowry, and shane. To me, those guys are replaceable.The goal should be to reopen the window that never was open for the next 4 yrs. Yao needs to do less and the young players need to ascend upward steep enough to offset yao's decline.

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Really? Why exactly? Vassillis Spanoulis for Luis Scola + Jackie Butler may have been the most lopsided trade in favor of the Rockets in team history. Then trading Rafer Alston last year and getting back Kyle Lowry in return? Lowry is younger, better and cheaper.

Let me guess, you're going to complain about trading Rudy Gay for Shane Battier and Donte Greene + Bobby Jackson for a one year rental in Artest. Personally, those are both moves I'd do again.

Also, as to your reoccurring argument that Iguodala can't be good because if he was than the Sixers wouldn't be trading him...

Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabar and Mose Malone might disagree. And for that matter, so would recent guys like Pau Gasol, Al Jefferson, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, and Shaq (when he got traded to Miami, not any of the other trades).

#222 Williamson, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  3. CloneBattier

CloneBattier Member

This trade is off by 100,000 USD.

Tmac/Battier/Lowry/

S.DalemBert/A.Iguodala/Jason Kapono/Jrue Holiday :eek:

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

All 3 players are replaceable,but I have doubts about Iguodala's ability to do well enough.I don't think he will fit with Yao. I've also taken the possibility of a Yao-less team. I think Iggy will be better than Ron Artest, but not by much.

5. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygpavex

I actually like this trade. It might fly for both sides. We have Llull and Conroy to potentially replace Lowry, and Iguodala would replace Ariza. Philly would get some expiring money and some cheaper, young talent with Ariza.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

:eek:

If guys like Lowry, Battier and Scola were readily available, the league would be a much different place.

7. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

based on doc rockets "cats from philly"

this works via trade machine http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjx3cff

rockets get iggy/dalembert
    ny gets tmac
    philly gets budinger/hughes/mobley

cat from philly and is expiring,hughes played in philly and is expiring,they want budinger announced today,ny wants tmac,we want iggy , simple 3 way that seems fair to all parties

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Tippin' on 44s?

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Damn good post! I have been pushing for Iggy/Dalembert for weeks now. Get it done Morey. No more layup drills.

10. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i like what sammy can bring as a backup center but man this is an EXPENSIVE trade to acquire a guy like iggy who is not a piece that turns us into a true championship contender. assuming we make a trade with about 30 games left then we are paying a little over 10 million (benching tmac and expiration of his contract v. acquiring players we have to pay sammy/iggy/trade kicker). then we have to pay sammy $12.2 million for next year. then you gotta throw in luxury tax and that makes it a damn expensive trade for the rockets to make for a player who doesn't have an excellent contract. it's going to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $25 million to get iggy!

he is certainly the type of player who can win a championship imo, but if him and yao are the 2 top players on the team then we still need more changes and we need a 3rd horse. we are not very good defensively at the 1 with brooks if we have to trade lowry. then if we are left with only landry (assuming we can't re-sign scola) at the 4 then we have a nice scorer, but poor rebounder and marginal/undersized defender. i have no clue how morey can figure out this puzzle. i think the only real answer is if we get iggy and then are able to swing some sort of insane deal for bosh or c. paul or sign d wade magically, but that isn't going to happen.

i dunno...but figure it out dork elvis!

1 person likes this.
  12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I gotta good feeling that this Iggy trade is going down pretty soon! I have o way to back that up but i really think we need to do this!

14. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Why so sure they'll all still be with the Rockets? Suppose Philly wants one of them as a part of a deal. They're young and/or talented players.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Keep in mind that Dalembert fills a need on this team that is arguably larger than the one Iggy fills. He's a quality player and is exactly what this team needs at Center right now. I don't really see him as anything other than a rental for this season and an expiring contract for Morey to use next season to secure more talent. No way an Iggy/Dalembert deal happens if not for the fact that Dalembert's deal expires after next season.

I keep saying it but I think Battier and Dalembert (packaged together or separate) could be very useful bargaining chips next season with their expiring contracts. I believe they combine for around $19.5 million. More than enough to bring back another All Star talent.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Heres the latest from the Supposed Sixers Insider. Could be some clever middle schooler or legit, I have no idea. Will be fun later to see if he is actually right.

17. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

How do you figure? How long have then been building around both Yao and Tracy before putting the pieces together before they collapsed? They collapsed right when the pieces are around them. So how are they doing things backwards?

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

rofl that guy is such a poser. what message board is that from?

19. RocketMania1991

If the Rockets are going to make this trade to build around Yao I would have to be opposed to making it.

You only make this trade if you are 100% sure Yao will be good to go next year and playing at a 20/10 level of play and won't go down in the playoffs or regular season.

Unfortunately that can't be guaranteed as we've seen in previous years. I don't think making an Iguodola trade is worth it in the long run his contract isn't horrendous, but the Rockets should truly wait until after next season to see what possible options are out there and after Yao has been evaluated.

Don't try to build around the unknown.

I'm sure after all these big 2010 free agents have signed contracts some team is going to regret it due to financial reasons etc.. and be willing to listen to trade options.

20. Lumix

Lumix Member

Do you really have such sure things, or what you said "the known"?

Are you sure Wade will be coming to Houston? Are you sure Lebron will say yes to the call of Morey? Are you sure Bosh would want to come to a warmer place? Are you sure...

It is funny that people put so many suspects in doing things. Be a GM like Morey, he at least has one thing for sure - he won't be so indecisive as you are, or at least I wish. Just go out to try to get what you can have at best and do it.