1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we decide to keep McGrady and let him expire...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGreat, Jan 28, 2010.

?

Should/Do we let him play?

1. Yes

162 vote(s)
    55.7%
  2. No

129 vote(s)
    44.3%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Good God, we've beat the horse dead, then beat it again. Now we're unburying the horse and beating it again. Why can't you people understand Tracy is DONE as a Rocket. DONE.

Here I'll spell it for you. Repeat after me.

D

O

N

E

DONE

1 person likes this.
  3. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

Okay,

D

O

N

E

DONE

Now use it in a sentence.

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Why do people answer yes :confused:

The guy is a pinhead - he lost my support over the debacles of the last 2 seasons.

Definitely NOT - and hope you get a minimum contract in 2011 if at all.

1 person likes this.
  5. Hball

Hball Member

I'll never get over it we finally have a deep enough team to make a championship run next year, but were letting Adelman ruin it just because he has a personal vendetta with T-mac.

Fans actually believe it's for the betterment of the team :confused: .. wade, lebron, roy aren't available the guys that are available would only be downgrades.

6. bbjai

bbjai Member

I thought Morey was the one that said we need to win games to make $$$. I interpreted that as we can't really have a losing season

7. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Even if hell froze over and Adelman wanted to play Mac, there is no way Tracy would want to. When you treat someone the way the org. did with Mac the relationship is over.

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Adelman had no intentions of giving Tmac meaningful minutes. Clutch's tweet that said "This isn't going to end well" rang true.

Adelman strikes me as someone who can hold a grudge, and his handling of Tmac this year was reaffirmation to that.

1 person likes this.
  9. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

its funny how most ppl who were all for 'sittin tmac' earlier this year are now sayin he should play now.. i said sit his ass then and i say no now, stick to ur guns, too many flip floppin fans out there

10. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

wow. first off, we treated him fairly.

he needed to get in shape,and get use to the new players, and not reinjure himself, so we gave him 7 minutes to do all of that

he b****ed about it 1 week later, and he threatened us,"play me the minutes i want or trade me"......we are not being held hostage by any player

11. gotsis

gotsis Member

are you sure we still get insurance money being that he is fit to play?

Hes done as rocket so i really doubt he will play here again, I think there a better chance of cook becoming a starter than t-mac suddenly returning in a rockets uniform.

12. summitts20

summitts20 Member

I third this

13. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

I am not sure if any other team try to play a star player 7 min in first quarter to help him get in shape... -.-'
    But I am sure they have no trust between them after last season...

14. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

Are you sure that the team is collecting insurance money? He's proven he can play enough but isn't what they supposedly want from my understanding? Or willing to play spotty minutes.

15. Koncept_Rocket

Houston is a big city with a plethora of things to keep people entertained. The Rockets have a tough time keeping the TC filled when winning w/o marquee players.

If they start losing, then people won't go to the games, let alone watch them on TV.

= Less money for Les.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's not playing
    cause
    Daryl Morey don't play that

1 person likes this.
  17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Part of me wants us to keep him just to see the post-deadline mayhem that would unleash here. ;)

18. bbjai

bbjai Member

I can gurantee you this, Playing T-mac may not work out cause his washed up, but it'll definetely get bums into seats

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

If the Rockets trade McGrady does anyone else think they will trade back for him this summer? He might just be the missing piece to a Championship!!

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

let it go. the next tmac thread should be on 2/19: whether he's traded or will just expire.