1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Amare trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sergio, Jan 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. LifeisButaDream

Not max guy :confused: The guy was a mvp candidate before the freak eye injury.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

yeah, before 2 knee surgeries and 2 eye surgeries. It happens.

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This. In this current economic climate the free agents who deserve the max are Lebron and Wade. Bosh is a 16-18 million a season type of sign and A'mare should be anywhere between 14-16 million. The reason A'mare gets less to me is because he is 2 years older than Bosh and has had several injuries in his career.

4. LifeisButaDream

I just want see how much Amare would rub off on Yao.the best part about having artest was the team's taking on his mentality.you could see with yao the most.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

For those who think the current PFs on the roster are just as good as Amar'e, think again. Amar'e is a legit 4/5. A position sorely lacking on this Rockets' team. Amar'e is a legit all-star (even w/his injuries), and as much as I love Scola, Landry and Hayes, they do not compare, individually or even as a group.

I would love Iggy on this team, he exhibits all the intangibles that currently define this team. He would fit right in. But Amar'e would bring instant offense and physicality from the paint. He could play alongside Yao or spell him. Amar'e's skillset would transform this team, provide an added dimension, one that it has lacked since Charles Barkley.

But I would not include Battier in a trade for Amar'e. Battier is more than just the heart and soul of this Houston team, he is the vocal leader and role model. Without that leadership, Amar'e could corrupt this team of young guys. Battier is the steadying force, the guiding hand, the vet presence necessary for this team to continue along its current path towards a championship.

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I don't think Amare is a good fit, for two reasons. He will have a Gasol-like impact, but Gasol fits the Lakers better than Amare fits us as the Lakers needed a post player and already had a great perimeter player. We have a good PF combo and really need a SG. More importantly, Gasol is a second fiddle who thinks of himself as a second fiddle. Amare is a second fiddle who is insecure and wants people to think of himself as a first fiddle. He will be bad for locker room chemistry. Also, Amare is simply not a winner. He is talented, like T-mac, but without a stud the caliber of Lebron/Kobe/Wade on the team, it's too much to ask ateam to overcome having talented prima donnas with losing attitudes who ask for 20 million a year.

7. LifeisButaDream

Name some pf better then Amare that we get without having to trade are whole team.

8. blink

blink Contributing Member

the point isnt about trading just to trade, the point is to trade for what we need. we are good at the 1 and 4. if yao comes back decent, we'll be solid at the 5 with hayes/anderson backing him up. thatll just leave the 2 and 3 spot, which are void of any offense.

9. LifeisButaDream

I wonder what we can get with t-mac's expiring contract. :rolleyes:

10. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Amare doesn't excite me much at this point. His offensive production isn't THAT much more than Landry or Scola in relation to his salary to deserve the max contract he will no doubt expect next year, especially considering he isn't a very good defender. If the money was equal I'd take Amare, but I don't consider him a franchise player at this point, and I have questions on how much of his scoring effectiveness is due to playing with Nash in the Suns offense.

11. blink

blink Contributing Member

you seem like lack basic comprehension so youre going on ignore

12. LifeisButaDream

We need to ether get real help now for yao.or rebuild.we already wasted are chance with a healthy Yao and t-mac going for cheap players.yao only has like maybe 3 good years left.

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

If God wanted Amar'e and Yao on the same team he wouldn't have let them be in the same draft.

14. LifeisButaDream

I remember before we won the 1 pick.we were going to pick Amare because rudy-t said he had hakeem like talent.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets had 2 number ones that year (not absolutely sure if both were lottery picks though, pretty sure they were). Rockets had a chance to trade up and get both. Amar'e was even quoted as saying he would love to play alongside Yao.

Instead Rockets stayed put and took Yao and Boki (Nachbar).

16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I think Ariza will play much better if he doesnt feel like he has to do it all (like last year when he could just give it to Kobe or Gasol) or in our case (hopefully) Iggy or Amare!

However I would rather have Bosh than Amare but i dont think Amare would sign back with us anyway so then we could just sign Bosh! But ill gladly take either one!

17. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Doesn't Phoenix(or us if he's traded to us) have the ability to resign him for the most amount of money? Is this not similar to Bosh being able to receive the most amount of money from the Raptors if he so wished to resign? Why wouldn't Amare want to share in the spot light of China? If he goes to New York, he will be sharing it with some other big name because that team hasn't imploded its roster for just one star.

I don't see any team that has room for just 1 big star. Teams in general have totally tanked. There are no teams setting themselves up for just 1 star. '

18. LifeisButaDream

If he's traded to us will have his bird right's and can resign him for the most money and year's.

19. HouSportsScene

Mugrakers, you're wrong. The Bulls and Nets will both be looking for just one superstar. But that's beside the point.

Realistically, I only see 3 possible destinations for McGrady and any Rockets trade for that matter: Washington, Chicago and New York. No way anything happens with Amare, if you want to know why, go read my article:
    http://houstonsportsscene.wordpress.com/2010/01/27/2010-rockets-trade-2/
    And comment.

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The Philly trade, even if it is just Iggy and Dalembert, still trumps those deals you hatched from the other three teams.