1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Appeal for Mac Video (All-time Best)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kyle7758521, Jan 25, 2010.

1. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Woah...total creepiness. Even the high school ones? Wow.

2. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Ashamed he never prospered with playoff success. But these video clearly show why so many Rox fans are going to miss him. Man he had a beautiful jump shot.

3. platy

platy Member

Yep, I think you are on to something here.

4. WillG

WillG Member

No one ever blames Yao for not trying for some reason even tho hes always injured.

Tmac tries to play injured and still gets called lazy

5. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

That's as funny as Jimmy Fallon.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hnOCUkbix0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hnOCUkbix0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

I don't know if you mean this one, but this one is my favorite (too), and it is made by a clutch fans member, and it uses the song "Remember the name".

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9z4mU7-0shs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9z4mU7-0shs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

8. cuddie

cuddie Member

There's a difference between learning English in an English speaking country and learning English in a Chinese speaking country. With Google translator, I can "rock it" in any language I want. I'd like to see you consistently write grammatically sound posts in Chinese. Or Korean. Or Japanese. Whatever language you "rock" the most.

Is your father a sports fan? Do you know any, ahem, older folks who enjoy watching sports? Will you do me a favor and ask them to make a video of whoever their favorite star might be? An inability to utilize video editing tools doesn't necessarily signify a lack of intelligence or laziness, but rather technological ineptitude. China's internet censorship (no Youtube?!) might also present an issue...

So you're essentially saying that any NBA fan in China who doesn't like the Rockets only does so because they want to distinguish themselves from their peers? It couldn't be because they, oh I don't know, enjoy watching a certain player or team? Their Yao "bashing" couldn't possibly stem from his lack of athleticism and tendency to get blocked by 5'9 guards, could it? Regardless of nationality, gifted, athletic wingmen tend to attract fans a lot more than a fundamentally sound center. If you're watching for pure entertainment value, what would you rather see? Why do you think LeBron, Wade, Kobe, etc. are so popular in the states?

Team obligations aren't always about geographical proximity, especially when it comes to international fans for obvious reasons. I would be willing to bet that these Chinese Rocket fans haven't seen Houston either, and those Turkish fans probably "got absolutely nothing to do with the city of" Toronto/Utah. "Bandwagoning" is becoming increasingly prevalent these days, I agree with you there. But to generalize an entire nation like that is nothing short of blind ignorance.

9. SergioValencia

Cuddie, I'm in no way generalizing every Chinese NBA fan who likes McGrady as the counter-mainstream, wanna-be-different type that I described. First, the majority of Chinese basketball fans are Yao fans, no doubt. Second, for sure I know there're fans who just love McGrady for whatever other reason we can't fathom--heck, we've got enough of those here in the States and on this forum. But that there are just so amazingly many them (the all star balloting shows it) out of that country, who would defend Tracy even at the expense of disparaging their one and only hometown hero, Yao (the other guy Yi JL hasn't quite reached this level yet), is a bit counter-intuitive, no?

I agree with you that, in the game of basketball, guards and forwards tend to get more fan love than centers do. But in the case of Chinese fans, why McGrady? I don't see nearly as much love for Ray Allen, Vince Carter, Josh Smith, etc (Kobe and LBJ are, of course, marketing gods over there and therefore exceptions). Could it be because McGrady played on the same team with someone else they pay a lot of attention to aka Yao Ming? Hmm...

Here's how I envision the typical Chinese McGrady fan is born into the world:

One day, say, ten Chinese fans gather to talk about the NBA. Inevitably, 8 or 9 out of those are going to rave about what a terrific stat-line their home boy Yao posted for the Rockets last night... then in jumps that one wanna-be-cool Chinese fan who's gonna be like, "nah Yao Ming sucks, McGrady is the reason the Rox won last night. You guys don't know what real talent is."

Catch my drift?

Look, I respect the majority of the fan base over there and I respect their country, but this lone-rebel wanna-be-different complex the McGrady fans over there have got is teenager-like and pathetic. I would even argue this is quite unique to large populations like China's.

10. TimBly15

TimBly15 Member

LMFAO GOOD ****!!

11. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

You are the man!!!!

You said what i wanted to say!!!

I hope there will be more of you existing here!

12. tangsanmao

tangsanmao Member

is that funny? :mad:

13. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Oh my! Don't be so mad at that "lol", Wang is not just the last name used by a majority of people in China, but also it contains it's meaning in English, you should just look it up in a dictionary to figure that out. Just relax and sit back on your couch man. ;)

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

15. McGradyPwns

McGradyPwns Member

Some idiot in the previous post thought that Orlando T-Mac = Houston Rockets T-Mac, obviously has no idea what he's talking about. Orlando T-Mac >>>> Houston T-Mac especially in the later Houston years

Orlando T-Mac consistently put up 40, 50 point games, and carried his team into the first round playoffs with future hall of famers such as Pat Garrity, Pat Burke, Andrew DeClerq, Michael Doleaq, Mike Miller, Gordan Giricek, Drew Gooden other players I had no idea played in the NBA. At least in Houston, he had Yao.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rookie Rookie Rookie

You T-baffoons make no sense:

1. The excuse is that Tmac had no teammates in Orlando
    2. When he goes to Houston, he has teammates

Yet you dumbest fans of in the existence of all basketball can't figure why he's not a scoring champion with the Rockets?

He ain't scoring 50 points a game if he has Yao Ming playing.

Oh I forgot, he has NO TEAMMATES NOW.

17. BarkleyHater84

Wow this T-Mac video thread quickly turned into tinman vs. the world thread....

18. tinman

Supporting Member

the world? if the world is all tmonkees than...
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CsbYx6hevoQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CsbYx6hevoQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. BarkleyHater84

LOL! Funny stuff. Look I'm a hardcore Rockets fan, but honestly i have as many fond memories of Vernon Maxwell's time in Houston as T-Macs....

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Championship years > Non Championship years

At least in my book.

I opened the Tmac fan's book and there's only one page and one word

IF