1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Appeal for Mac Video (All-time Best)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kyle7758521, Jan 25, 2010.

1. cuddie

cuddie Member

There's a good boy.

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

I am a fan of the Rockets and the Rockets only but every now and then, there comes a player fans fall in love with...... That player does not need to win a championship in order to win hearts.... Some fans like myself are loyal, and we appriciate guys like Steve Francis and Tracy Mcgrady.... I believe they both loved Houston and the Rockets,we all know they did not want to leave. T-Mac gave us a chance to dream again, yes he did not come through and we can go all day on why or why not but he tried.... He like francis had his flaws but we only see what happens on court, we dont know the mental state of our Rockets players and how it sometimes affects they're games. Francis still deserves a good farewell video for the good times and so does Tracy Macgrady.... No, not one of those Rap and Dunks videos everyone makes but a true persepective of the fans from the moment he arrived to the moments he played his last game for or Rockets. At first I didnt really like the idea too much but I keep on getting pictures in my head on what a good video would look like and how to go about it.... I am just gathering content right now but I might just begin shortly.

3. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Since you're a T-Mac fan here, I guess this one would be much more fit for you as a consolation prize from here. Oh, not to mention, actually you could tell from my typo that I'm running here that I'm a Chinese as well.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kIMOZx7Gaag&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kIMOZx7Gaag&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

This one actually, I may say, that his career high in points was not achieved as a Rocket, but there at least has something to cheer about since he never scored more than 62 points in one game, never ever.

4. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

best tmac video..... wish he got a real opportunity after that orlando game.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jmEcD2dHIbk&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jmEcD2dHIbk&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is a time when a Rocket fan cares about seeing Orlando Magic highlights,

The time is NEVER, I'll let you figure out the place (hint: a HOUSTON ROCKETS BBS).

6. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Well, seeing as what the OP said in the first place, he's a T-Mac fan, not a Rockets fan to some extent. I guess there's nothing here inappropriate to put up T-Mac's old Magic highlights here. It's for the OP, apparently not for the Rockets diehard fans and those T-Mac haters. ;)

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Charles Barkley is a hall of fame player who won the MVP with the Phoenix Suns.

During Charle's tenure with the Rockets, his fans never bombarded the GARM with Barkley Sixers or Suns highlights or constantly referencing his non Rocket days. And he had way more impressive games than T-mac, his battle with Jordan in the Finals, 55 points in the playoffs etc.

Tracy McGrady has played many years with the Rockets, if you can't find anything good in those years worth posting, then that says something about what you think his tenure with the Rockets was.

Also, note that Trevor Ariza has won an NBA title and I haven't seen people posting Ariza Laker highlights to justify his existence with the Rockets.

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Ok, so did someone pee in your cheerios or steal your dog within the last couple of days :p I'm just glad someone has taken over showing this is a Rockets fan site. I have been pretty pissed at some of the goings on lately myself, but see you have it handled. I'll just sit back and enjoy ;)

9. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Aye, my bad, shoulda put up his 13 points in 33 seconds highlight instead of his career night with his old days in Orlando.

And if there's some wrong with that video highlight post up there, please remove it. I wasn't thinking what I should of put up here but I thought any highlights of Tracy McGrady would do in that I just search and found some pieces of tracy's highlights, then just did it. I apologize for what I did with that highlight, and actually I clearly know this IS the ROCKETS fan site from the beginning, and that's WHY I came here in the first place.

10. SergioValencia

Your English ability is, quite frankly, downright terrible. And you call yourself an English major? I don't care that it's your second language. Here in the States we have hundreds of thousands of ESL speakers and I have rarely seen someone who claims to major in English suck at the language as much as you. You average about, what, 2.5 grammar mistakes per sentence... if I were you I'd get my money back from whatever uni that gave you the degree.
    And don't tryna pull the "can-you-speak-a-word-of-Chinese" on me, I rock it in your language and 2 others (Japanese and Korean). What up now.

As for your McGrady video appeal, let me get this straight... you're asking for this crap, yet you're too lazy, or too stupid (maybe both) to make the video yourself? Funniest request ever. Got to hand it to you, Wang. And by "Wang" I ain't referring to your name.

11. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Oh, also I think next time I should tread carefully with these stuff because in fact I did really enjoy the highlights of McGrady's tenure with the Rockets, 22 win streak(he was part of that, at least the last 11 games after Yao went down), dating back to the year 2004-2005, which was the most spectacular season for T-Mac as a Rocket.

Anyway, thanks for being an "educator" to me for some Rockets history, because all of those heyday happened at my very young age.

12. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I should say...since youtube is blocked in China, you guys should stop posting youtube videos.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Why should I watch those Tmac highlights knowing that those Orlando teams sucked, either were lottery bound or lost in the first round?

I prefer these Tmac-in-Orlando highlights

Different Routs / Francis, Mobley get job done for Rockets / Guards fill void in 96-86 win over Magic

JONATHAN FEIGEN Staff

SUN 11/09/2003 Houston Chronicle, Section Sports, Page 1, 3 STAR Edition

The Rockets were supposed to have outgrown such nights. But Saturday offered a reminded that some were not really all that bad.

For years, with no inside game upon which they could rely, the Rockets went as far as their backcourt could carry them. Whatever else they might have lacked, they had that. But they thought to have grown into so much more.

Then Saturday, they were back to Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley, with just enough help to hold off the struggling Magic 96-86 before a Toyota Center sellout of 18,148.

With Yao Ming so off target that even the elbow he directed at Juwan Howard came up short and two power forwards suspended, the Rockets turned back to their guards.

Francis had a season-high 31 points with six assists and seven rebounds. Mobley not only made nine of 14 shots for his 21 points, but he harassed Magic guard Tracy McGrady into a 5-of-21 shooting disaster.

14. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Actually there's always a way of climbing over that mountain to get to the destination where there lie his most coveted highlights of T-Mac, to use Ultrasurf would help I guess. He's not even trying at all, just poke a question here and wait for the result.

15. mikol13

Supporting Member

Actually not sure I follow you right now. You saying that you didn't like the trade to get Tracy?

16. tinman

Supporting Member

there's nothing wrong with being a young Rockets fan and nothing wrong with showing the good things Tracy did for the Rockets.

Saying that the Rockets version of Tracy is worst than the Orlando version because in Orlando he jacked up more shots is the wrong logic.

For example, look at the Celtics and KG, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce.
    All three of them have lower scoring averages because of how the team and coaching is setup.

If Tracy is scoring 62 points and Yao Ming is healthy, than that means he's not passing the ball to Yao.

So Tracy in Orlando > Tracy in Houston is false
    Tracy in Orlando = Tracy in Houston

17. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm just saying the Tmac in Orlando I like to remember is the one that lost to the Houston Rockets.

Or any Houston vs Orlando game, I like the ones where Houston wins.

18. mikol13

Supporting Member

Got ya. Like I said in another post to you, this is a Rockets fan site and yes I too get frustrated with people that just dont get that or don't care to get it. The people that follow a player over a team burns me. It's tired, and I'm down for the cause to right the madness going on here

19. SergioValencia

Seems like a lot of folks are baffled about why so many fans in China love McGrady to death, even at the expense of bashing their native hero, Yao. I was once confused too, until it finally hit me.

The reason for this paradox is that, when news of Yao being drafted in the NBA first swept China, almost everybody was a Yao fan. As yall can probably guess, in China it's just 10X harder to distinguish yourself at ANYTHING, when you've got a million other people competing with you at EVERYTHING. The result is a crowd of counter-mainstream people, especially young people, who're always trying to distinguish themselves in any way possible. So if you are Chinese, and happen to like the NBA and the Rockets (initially even perhaps because of Yao), what do you do when everybody around you--your mother, your neighbor, your neighbor's mother--is a Yao lover? You fall for McGrady, the next most noticeable Rocket. Tracy's aggressive ad campaign in China can't hurt either. And the more you idolize McGrady the more it distinguishes you from all the Yao lovers around.

Then there are Chinese who even take it to the next level--by not rooting for the Rockets altogether, and cheer on Kobe and the Lakers (easy choice there), even though they might've never even seen LA in their life, and got absolutely nothing to do with the city of Los Angeles whatsoever. In the end you got all these wanna-be-different Chinese people who are constantly bashing Yao so they can look cool when people gather together to talk about the NBA and the Rockets.

Note that this probably wouldn't work for other countries and their fans. Most fans in Turkey are likely perfectly fine with just cheering on Turkoglu and Okur--there's no inferiority complex there. No pressure to always want to be different from the other billion people around you, as in China.

2 people like this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

This is an excellent post.

Also, why is that Balbay guy on UT a horrible free throw shooter? I thought all Turkish players can shoot from the line.