1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Philly Inquirer] 76ers have to knock over Rockets with young talent (UPDATE: 1/13)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Jan 1, 2010.

1. machine

machine Member

this is the only deal i do with philly, but philly probably says no. I have no desire to add Dalembert.

[​IMG]

2. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

You really think he wants to stay in Philly that much? He was demanding a trade last year. He may feel okay about Philly now due to the fact he's playing well, but I can't see him complaining about being traded to a legit playoff team with a major role for him, at least this year.

I just don't see the Haiti situation being an excuse for him not wanting to leave Philly for Houston. Maybe if he were traded to Portland...

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Same here. The guy would step in and log big minutes and get to showcase his talent all while being in the thick of the playoff hunt.

4. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Nobody wants Brand or Dalembert. Sixers pitched an Iggy trade to the Cavs.

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

5. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I like that but we still have no big man!

6. BetterThanEver

Yao Ming?

7. RocketMania1991

A reliable big man ?

8. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

my estimation numbers

if any team trades for dalembert, your paying 11,000,000 this year and 12,000,000 next year, ....but thats not it. Then you have to pay another 1.5-2,000,000 for trade kicker this year. THEN you are sent over the lux tax,and I dont know the numbers, but you get fined for being over,plus you pay the same amount you are over, then you lose out on a distributed amount sent to teams in a pool that are under the tax.The rockets are on the tax line. He would send us 12,000,000 OVER tax line next year if we re-sign lowry,scola.

so to get dalembert , who is at best a average center your paying 11(salary)+12(salary)+2(trade)+12(tax fine)+5(pool money)= 42 million for 2 seasons to a average center in order to keep lowry and scola.

or to avoid tax your trading tmac/scola/lowry for iggy/dalembert .Nope wouldnt do it.

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Talkin bout THIS year! I love Chuck wagon but he's not a starter for a PLAYOFF team!

And idk bout u but id like to compete this year!!

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

When u look at like that.... Well, it just sucks!

Im not good with all the numbers! Would that ruin our chances to sign Bosh?

11. RocketMania1991

If you have Iggy+Dalembert+Yao

no way we can afford Bosh.

12. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

We won't really have a chance to sign Bosh unless we get his Bird Rights anyway.

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Didnt think so!

Screw Dalembert then!

14. BetterThanEver

It is not Dalembert, then. One game he will get you 15 pts and 4-5 blocks, then he will score 2-6 pts for a week and have no blocks. It's like going to Las Vegas.

15. dexkk

dexkk Member

That's true, Dalembert looks disinterested in games for long periods of time. Right now is not a good example of his value because he's playing out of his mind.

16. Sooner423

An Iggy in the hand is better than a Bosh in the bush.

17. anitasri

anitasri Member

Thought I would chime in but I was looking ata 3 team deal
    Houston trades TMAC+ brian cook+ Taylor or Dorsey if Needed
    Philadelphia trades Iggy< Samuel Dalember t+ Thadeous Young + this years draft pick lottery protected
    Memphis trades Ruday gay to Houston for Thadeus Young + the Pick from philly

Houston gets
    IGgY Dalembert and Rudy gay
    Philadelphia gets TMac and Brian Cook
    Memphis gets Thadeus young ( reports are that Heisley will not pay Rudy)

This will take care of our shooting woes- with a legitimate go to scorer and Rudy Gay- who is slightly below all star caliber with room to grow and a back up for Yao when he returns- in dalembert!

18. RocketMania1991

No way Philly does that lol.
    You give up a rising stud in Thaddeus AND your lottery pick this year. That hurts what they are trying to achieve.

19. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

some posters missed the point.....why does philly want to move iggy??? its not for more talent....its to clear all the capspace they can:

I've been thinking about this trade for several days........

ai9
    kapono
    lou williams

for

tmac

that takes off something like 24 million off their 2010 season salary.....they can go after ANYONE they want after dalembert expires...

20. Sooner423

I think that's a pretty reasonable middle ground scenario. They may try to snag Lowry though. Does Kapono expire this year or next? Hoopshype says next, ESPN trade machine says this year...