1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Bulls 104, Rockets 97

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. anchel

anchel Member

So suddenly Ariza can not do anything, he's useless.

Current Ariza is overwhelmed with the role that has been given. He's playing with no confidence, visibly despondent. This doesn't mean he can't do anything, he started the season with a good confidence level and he had almost allstar numbers... maybe can do some things... I saw all Lakers playoff games last year and the current Artest dreams with Ariza's defensive potential. Ask Lakers fans about Ariza.

This is ridiculous.

2. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Why do people say its our "luck" that opposing bigs always have days out?

Its not luck if it happens every second game.

PS. Watched Serena live today, BIGGEST BOOBS ever, Venus looks fit.

3. basketball

basketball Contributing Member

Eight , two and two . That's how many points 3 of our starters score today.
    Then in the fourth quarter, Lowry is taking out of the game . He is the one that push the ball, drawing fouls , grab rebounds and doing all the things that it take to win. That's what they did last night and win in SA. He have an off night shooting the ball but he do many other things well. Instead in crunch time we have to see Ariza no matter if he have a bad night or not. I do think that the Rockets promise Ariza that they will feature him. Otherwise , there is not really an explannation as to why he getting all these minutes no matter how bad he play. They should back off , let him play his role and stop trying to create something that he is not. May be he will perform better when there is less responsibility put on his shoulder.
    They need more scoring power in their starting line up if they do not want to keep playing catch up from behind.

4. choujie

choujie Member

I said many times, that's the problem created by losing 40 mil on the bench.

If Tmac is healthy and Yao is healthy, RA would be a fool to play Ariza like that.

Right now once AB is keyed by defense, there is no better option than Ariza as the 2nd creator in starting line-up, so he is forced to play a role he is not capable of.

That's why I say we need to be patient, see what happens when we have a full roster.

5. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

That was a cool opening. I had what I can assume is a bandwagon fan in front on me because in the 1st quarter, I heard them scream put in Cook. I was shocked to hear that. Sorry not a Cook fan

6. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

They have TMac but they dont play him and dont trade him.
    They can also trade Yao for something and I think Yao still has his trade value.

7. Strawman

Strawman Member

H'OKAY

If we can get a star player to take shots. Ariza will not shoot/miss 20 shots per game, and instead will play like he did for the lakers and shoot over 30% from the field.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

But none of what you said makes up for the facts that:

1. Trevor can't dribble
    2. Trevor can't shoot
    3. Trevor can't hit free throws
    4. Trevor can't stay in front of his man

I mean just because you have Yao does not mean he magically gets better...oh...and he can't hit 3pt shots either.

And one last thing...there is NO GUARANTEE we will get a star back for Tmac's contract, nor is there a guarantee that Yao will even be half the player he once was......but there is 5 more years of guaranteed TREVOR....

HIP HIP HOORAY !!

DD

9. VBG

VBG Member

Ariza played well. Shot badly but didn't play that badly. Sure, he can't create but he's a ROLE PLAYER.

A GOOD ROLE PLAYER./

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, he is not...that is the point, he is not good at basketball.

DD

11. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Loses are part of the game. Do you think Rockets are better than Lakers or Spurs right now? Yet, the Rockets bet them on their court. Does that make them a bad teams?

The season is long and while I don't mind if the Rockets don't make the playoffs, it would be nice if they did.

If you think DM made a misstake with Ariza, who has played 1/2 of a season with this team and was brought in for defensive skills, then what were you thinking about AB and Landry when they played for 1/2 of a season? Bad moves? Now, they are the heart of this team offensively.

It takes longer than 1/2 of a season to judge the success or failure of a move. I am sure this was lost to just about everyone right now who wants to throw Ariza under the bus and drive forward and back a few times.

If you think you are a better GM than Morey then be honest, did you think AB would be this good? Or Landry? Now if you don't think they are then you haven't been watching the Rockets lately.

They are as good as Ariza is bad. But man wasn't Ariza pretty good at the beginning of the season? He is in a MAJOR slump. It happens.

As for rushing to make a trade, glad you are not a GM. You don't trade until you get the best trade for the value and that's at the dealine. That is trade 101. Doesn't matter if they are doing "good" now, any team can go into a slump and BAM, they are bad. It's all about timing and DM knows what he is doing.

12. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

If he his not good at basketball then explain his ONE championship ring? At team that he play a pivotal role on?

He is a good basketball player under certain conditions. He was huge for the Lakers helping them reach a goal no other team could reach last year.

13. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Now this is getting crazy.

You are surely just venting.

Do you truly believe "he is not good at basketball", then you are out of your mind.

He is just not playing well right now. He was pretty good at the beginning of the season, pretty good with the Lakers. And I believe, will be pretty good in the future.

And I don't even like the player! He is a role player and the role right now is a little big for him and he's pressing. He wanted to explore and he has. Time to get him some help.

14. choujie

choujie Member

This Tmac is not the "healthy Tmac" I mentioned, far from it. And it's not worth to play him if you look past this season. He's gone anyway.

15. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

At this point in the season, without question we know our strengths, and we have clearly identified our MAJOR weaknesses and shortcomings
    THese shortcomings IMO:

• Defense and size at the 4 position, Luis Scola has proven to be a liability as he showed against Miller tonight. Couldn't move his feet to save his life. He's just no match against top tier PF's in the West. I love Carl, he's part of our future. But Ty Thomas showed me why Landry would not be as successful if he actually was a starter going against these big names PF's in the west. We can't forget how undersized he is. If we have to give away one of em in a trade, I would part easily with Scola.
    • More than any other team in the league, we need a legit shooting guard. A guy who can create their own shot from the wing, and will make Trevor's life a lot easier.
    • In general, we need more guys who can create their own shot. I'm sick of these specialty players.
    • A legit backup for Yao, David Anderson has been a flop IMO. Dude is ubbber soft. Just a decent shooter, and the worst defensive player we've had since Steve Novak.

16. choujie

choujie Member

He can dribble, just not good enough to beat his man on a consistent base.
    He can't shoot, but he can get to the basket with less attention paid on him.
    He can't hit FTs, yes at this moment.
    He stays in front of his man better than most Rockets players.

Don't get blind just because he didn't meet your expectation.

It's true nothing is guaranteed at this moment, but Ariza has to play outside his ability because we don't have a better option at this moment. Don't just hate on him, wait till next season to see the full picture.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brad Miller can still play
    John Salmons can still play

Get it done Morey

18. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

Sure that Brad Miller and John Salmons can help.
    But Morey is too greedy that want to get a star and choose to wait until last minate...
    Maybe finally he cannot get anything and rocket get a 15th pick next year. :mad:

19. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Man this game was a heart breaker

20. dexkk

dexkk Member

He's getting paid 5 mil to play like a 20 mil player. He is failing in his new role but you can't say he sucks at basketball.

Man, the size issue really bothers this team. Losing 2 7' footers in Yao and Deke really had an impact.