1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TNT Barkely .. Kenny and Web all choose a rox

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry92, Jan 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Charles and Kenny had brooks in there all star reserves selcetion and kenny said he'll be very disappointed if brooks isnt choosen .. kenny showin some real love for the rockets .. and CWebb had landry suprisingly (backin' it up with his 4th quarter points) ..

I use to think brooks has a 10 - 15% chance of makin it but now i think he has a good solid case, say maybe 30%-45% .. landry got no chance i wont complain if he makes it though ..

Guk luk 2 both

1 person likes this.
  2. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see either one of them make it. The media likes to reward specific players for the surprising success of a team.

I think there are more deserving players, though.

3. WillG

WillG Member

Maybe next year. I was honestly surprised they chose Brooks, hes not an all star IMO.

4. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Good thing that they chose Brooks and C-Webb backed up Landry in this case, but wouldn't be surprised if either one of them couldn't make it to the all star, in my opinion, Brooks still has a long way to go to his land of stardom.

Deep down, I was hoping Landry would get some recognition from the coaches, only one Rocket in the All Star game would comfort my heart a bit since Yao's not in. :p

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I really don't see Brooks making it over CP3, D.Will, or Z.Randolph.

Kaman is probably in the mix too.

6. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Was disappointed (like Kenny was) that Tracy's facial over Shawn Bradley was excluded from the top facials of the last decade.

7. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Who among us can honestly say we thought either one of them would be an all star canidate the night we drafted them. I know I for one was a skeptic, but not anymore. "in morey we trust"

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Hollinger is Landry over Amar'e. I don't see any Rock making any part of ASWeek-end. This year.

Next year we'll dom - in ;) - ate!

9. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

FREE TRACY MCGRADY!!!

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Man I really hope they both make it!!!Their value would be Sky high by the trade deadline!!!! :grin:

--RB

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You're not a fan, IMO.

He is an all star though and has potential to be an all star every year. He may not be CP3, D Will, or Tony Parker but he's done a lot in his short 2 maybe 2 and a half years at starting PG.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I believe the 7 other players have to be 2 guards, 2 forwards, a center, and two others. These guys are locks:

G Roy
    G Paul
    F Nowitzki
    F Durant
    C ?
    x Williams
    x ?

Personally, I think the C and second "other" would have to be Gasol and Randolph.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

anybody found links to last nights show?

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It'll look a little like that. ;)

15. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Brooks has been good, but I don't see him making the all star team either yet. Perhaps next year. That isn't a slight to Brooks, considering Deron Williams has never made it to the all star team either. He needs to continue to be more consistent. But if you consider him below CP3, DWill, Tony Parker and Nash, then that makes him a fairly unlikely all star choice.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He simply is not deserving over Kobe, Nash, Roy, Paul, Williams, Parker, Ellis, Billups. There are too many great guards in the West.

17. rivo

rivo Member

Don't forget Billups. There is no reason the Coaches pick Brooks before Roy/Paul/DW/Billups. Brooks has no chance to be an all-star backup this year unless one of those four is hurt. His chance for H.O.R.S.E is over 0% because I hear that this game's players are determined by TNT. Really hope Brooks could attend the skill challenge, please don't ask Wade/James to attend this again.

18. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Actually Parker is having an off year due to his injuries. I could see him not making it this year.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If the Rockets stand at the 4-5th seed when coaches decide Brooks can make it.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Sorry, but he doesn't belong there. Too many good guards ahead of him.