1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pathetic Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, Jan 13, 2009.

1. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I'm sure some kids had school and adults had work in the morning. It was getting late. 3 overtimes is one thing when you are watching on the couch, another thing when you have to fight one hour of traffic to get out, before the drive home.

2. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

people that says that they are leaving because it was against the t'wolves, dont you remember they were leaving early too, when the rockets played vs the lakers and the game wasnt decided till the last second of overtime? so I dont think it was the opposite team.

thats why the rockets dont have a good homecourt advantage.

3. RocketMania1991

Alot of people that go to those games have to work very early in the morning, and also have families to tend to at home. Just because they didn't stay for the game doesn't mean they aren't "true" fans.

It seems somewhat ignorant to assume that just because people left early they are horrible fans.

4. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I remember the 13 in 35 game the stands were empty..

It doesn't matter who is playing, the majority of the fans leave early, most are people that work and have young children so I guess it frustrates us because we would and do stay at the games no matter what the score is...

But then again im sure fans in Cleveland have work the next day but it seems 95% of them stay the entire game..

5. RocketMania1991

95% of the fans in Cleveland weren't fans before Lebron James came I assure you.
    95% of those fans will be gone if he leaves.

6. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

GS had some great fans too...

I'm just saying even when we are winning we have this problem, we have consistently been lackluster with fans staying the entire games.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

just wouldn't be clutchfans without a b****fest about the TC crowd

let's whine about why the Rockets haven't done the black jersey yet while we're at it

bunch of you act like we have 15 world champ banners hanging in the rafters and it's a sacrilege to leave early, when in fact we're almost 15 years removed from the last title we won

and it's always been like this, even in the first world title the players made a big stink about the empty seats on that mother's day game.

So in other words, water is wet.

8. Got Em

Got Em Member

lol at least we know now youre one of the losers leaving early.

9. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

I was kinda busy talking to broads in the hallway after the 4th quarter...

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Au contraire, mon frère. I wasn't at the game, chief. ;)

11. joesr

joesr Member

Take it your not married or no kids? Or maybe just ballin where you can call in to work and say your too tired.

Maybe you dont mind paying a cab cause the wife n kids have to get home to sleep.

12. joesr

joesr Member

this coming from the guy with bad rep marks

13. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

They have this thing that adults do. Its called a job. Kinda sucks but you know you have to get up before 1pm.

14. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

hahaha

They should just let people from up top move down. Make the court noiser and looks better on TV.

15. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

just wanted to say that we left at the end of the 3rd quarter b/c i'm preggo and very tired. i still paid my half season package and go to the games. sometimes life throws you curve balls and you do things you've never done before, like leave games early or give tickets away at the last minute b/c you don't feel well. i stayed up in bed watching til the end though. :eek:

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Complaining about other people and what they want to do with their time is 1000% lame.

Unless you are walking in their shoes, with their issues, etc, then just deal with yourself....

If they leave better seats, more opportunity to move down.....stop whining about other people's choices in whether they want to watch the whole game or not.

DD

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I'll admit I left at the end of the 3rd because I was/am sick as a dog and just couldn't hang on anymore. Combine that with work and having to get up so early, I just had no choice. Normally I am there till the final horn goes off and trust me I was pissed off I missed a triple OT game but realistically probably would have passed out if I had stayed lol.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If your under 30 without kids there is no excuse for you leaving before the game is OVER.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Mind your own business.

;)

DD

20. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

For games where seats are open past the 3rd quarter, they really should consider finding a decent way to move some fans down. We can't have a stampede, but there's got to be a way to make things look a little decent.

I don't have a beef with ANYONE leaving early. Everyone have their reasons. Somehow, all those empty seats from start to end does irk me just a little bit. It somehow seems more likely so on those promotion nights where you see someone leave before the game even starts with about 5-6 promotion items and you probably never see them again. Moreso, those luxury expensive seats. I could only imagine how many people would have loved to have an affordable chance to watch a game from there.

/rant