1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Marshall on the block would you trade for him?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Phillyrocket, Jan 7, 2010.

?

Trade for Brandon Marshall

1. First Round Pick - 3 1,000 yard seasons in a row, 26 years old

14 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. Second Round Pick

15 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. Third Round Pick

22 vote(s)
    25.6%
  4. Hell no he's Baby TO

13 vote(s)
    15.1%
  5. Would rather keep the pick, WR is a strength

22 vote(s)
    25.6%
  1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Cribbs was a quarterback in college, remember. He's slowly coming on as a receiver, a la Jacoby Jones. This year, Cleveland used him a lot more as a receiver. He caught 20 passes, which for the Browns, actually ranks him fourth on their team. He's an extremely valuable talent, and I think he'll end up getting at least twice what the Browns offered him. Hell, I'd come out as soon as free agency opens up (like the day of) and offer him 3 mil. per year. Especially if Walter leaves.

The only thing that scares me, especially after this year, is that Cribbs is slightly fumble prone. In all his touches this year, I believe he had three fumbles. I think that stems from his trying too hard to do too much at times, which could be corrected...

Living in the Cleveland market, though, I can't say enough good things about the guy. He's immensely valuable, and any team would be glad to have him. He just provides so much. Cleveland, in my opinion (like I said) wasn't even exploiting all of his talents. And I just can't believe they low-balled him so much. He's a local guy, probably the biggest fan favorite in the area (outside of maybe Brady Quinn...), and to my knowledge, has never had any character issues...

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I see someone like San Fran or Minnesota picking him up for a late 1st early 2nd draft choice and some scrubs as fillers.

They both need a dominating reciever to complement their great RB and, for Minny, their older than dirt QB.

The Texans biggest need on O is obviously at the RB position as far as skill positions go. It would be nice to have 2 big playmakers sitting on the outside opening the field for OD and Slaton but I highly doubt that will happen.

I'd even say Miami would go after Marshall, the Texans is a very, very, long shot. IMO

3. Summer Song Giver

I don't either of those are likely BM destinations, Minny has Rice and Harvin both of whom I think they'd like to keep on the field. San Fran has Vernon and Crabtree as the two main options to play off of Gore.

Chicago would be my guess as the most likely trade partner; reuniting him with Cutler and bringing a legit number one to a team without one.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'll agree with you on that. But I would see him ending up at a team like Miami before he got reunited with the Cut man "Interception Machine".

Sisco I still see as a likely landing spot, Crabtree is still relatively a rookie, Vernon Davis can only do so much at TE, and Gore obviously needs help from his wide outs and QB to loosen up the holes in the middle.

Either way Denver is going to be completely depleted on offense. Royal was a complete non factor this year and Moreno is not a dominating RB that you can hand off 20-30 times a game, that may take a long while.

What are they doing??? :confused:

5. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

I could see somebody like the Jets or Ravens trading a #1 for him. Flacco needs weapons.

Chicago already traded their #1 pick to Denver for Cutler last year

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

But it is broken...we are only 10th in the NFL in scoring...and we could have had a few extra victories had we been able to score, deep in the opponents territory. A probowl WR opens up the running game even more.

When you have 3 probowl receivers on a team...the defense not only has to go one on one against a couple of those guys, but they also cant "cheat" with bringing 8 in the box.

Marshall would improve our passing game and our running game...while giving us many options in goal line situations, which cost us a few games this year.

Our offense was broken when we needed it to come through.

Also, you guys have to remember that Walter is a free agent. He's not necessarily coming back.

7. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

If he was a FA and willing to take #2 receiver money or less, I'd like the Texans to take a look at Marshall.

But no way, is old boy worth both the money his contract will demand and a trade to get him. We already have the better target in AJ, there is no reason to spend money and resources on another WR, especially when everyone other our guys have a solid amount of potential to play the 2nd WR position.

8. RocketMania1991

Not sure what to think about a possible pairing of Marshall/Johnson.

I guess you could compare it to the Arizona Cardinals and their tandem of
    Boldin/Fitzgerald which has worked well for them.

9. spence99

spence99 Member

I wouldn't do it. There is no way Marshall would be happy playing 2nd fiddle to Johnson. I would love to have another WR with the skills of Marshall, but with Johnson & Daniels, we wouldn't have enough throws going his way to keep him happy.

10. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

I mistakenly hit a 1st round pick, but I would trade a 2nd only or a 3rd and Kevin Walter for him. Then you are really the Cardinals of the AFC, with real superbowl talent. With OD back and JJ as your 3rd WR and PR, man that is tough. Draft a RB in the 1st and WOW.

11. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

normally I would agree with that, but winning might shut him up. LF and AB make it work in AZ. Just might work, but then again he might punt the football away in training camp, ha ha.