1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marc Stein] Houston Rockets could join Chris Bosh chase

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ctry2582, Jan 8, 2010.

1. redao

redao Member

It is Yao for Bosh.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

sure i'd love to keep landry, but let's be real here...bosh is a bigger and better version of landry. bosh+yao frontcourt actually has a chance to do something. if we somehow can swing tmac's contract for anything then morey maybe able to do what boston did when they acquired allen and kg.

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Battier & Scola ++ for Bosh.
    We must keep our foundation
    Yao, Landry & Brooks :p

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

but scolandry plays 57 mpg. ;) bosh is playing 35 mpg.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Scolandry vs Bosh per 57mpg(time Scolandry plays)

31.3ppg vs 38.2
    14.5rpg vs 18.4
    1.2bpg vs 1.74

So technically, no. We're not getting similar production. Seriously, stop comparing two players to one. It's just not a very relevant comparison.

Bosh is way better than either Landry or Scola. And he has the length the Rockets desperately needs to not get killed by opposing big men. There's a reason why the genius Morey is after him so hard.

1 person likes this.
  6. tracymclady

tracymclady Member

landry is a beast and he plays under 30 minutes a game. i wanna see what landry can do given the same minutes as bosh. =]

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I have actually given this a ton of thought in the past few months and talked to Toronto fans quite extensively on where they are at currently. I started by proposing:

Battier + Hayes + Scola for Bosh

which is straight up talent for talent. No trash in that deal, they get three of our rotation players for a guy who might bolt. It became clear though that if Toronto is losing Bosh, they are rebuilding, and if they are rebuilding they need to dump all those bad contracts. After some discussions with thier fans on thier board, we came up with:

McGrady + Brooks + Scola for Bosh + Banks + Calderon

This deal gives them a great piece in Brooks to build around w/ Derozan, gives them control of Scola who will be a RFA, also free-ing them from Banks (or Evans..take your pick) and Calderons long term deals. Obviously Toronto would want Landry, but I believe Landry is likely untouchable, and I highly doubt Morey sends out both Landry AND Brooks in a deal. A third proposal was brought up by an outside source, which in my opinion is a home run:

McGrady + Cook for Bosh + Turkoglu + Calderon

In this scenario, Toronto escapes from every long term commitment and rebuilds. We would be in Luxury tax hell and would likely have to move some other guys but our depth would be UNREAL.

Im giddy thinking about it to be honest.

8. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

As much as Battier is losing a step we can't do him dirty and ship him off to Toronto

9. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I think so too, I'm certain Bosh would have to go high post or entry pass on strong side if the deal goes down. He can hit the open J and you wouldn't double off him.
    I'm with you tough, you got to have a perimeter threat to keep the spacing.
    If not teams will just load up the paint. Iggy,Yao, Bosch sounds great but there goes your cap.

10. Vivid

Vivid Member

If we are willing to part with Scola for Bosh (as we should) then maybe we would reconsider taking on Dalembert.

Rockets trade:
    Tmac to Philly
    Battier, Scola, Andersen, Cook, and Brooks to Toronto

Philly trades:
    Iggy and Dalembert to Houston

Toronto trades:
    Bosh and Jack to Houston

Rockets receive:
    Bosh, Iggy, Dalembert, Jack

Philly receives:
    Tmac

Toronto receives:
    Battier, Scola, Brooks, Andersen, Cook

Successful Trade Scenario
    Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Houston, Toronto, and Philadelphia being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Houston, Toronto, and Philadelphia had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement

Houston- It will be hard to make such a huge adjustment. Maybe some Bosh/Landry front court action. Iggy and Ariza on wings supplemented by Bud (can sign Wafer for depth). Lowry takes over at point with Jack off the bench (that sounds weird). Dalembert and Hayes can alternate at center. Resign Lowry in the off season and next year we got:

Yao/Dalembert
    Bosh/Landry
    Ariza/Buddinger
    Igoudala/Wafer
    Lowry/Jack

Awesome front court depth but I would question how well our back court would do with Bosh and Yao requiring their touches.

Philly- All about the Benjamins. They get one large expiring contract and get out of two long term contracts. They can start building around their young pieces and start over.

Toronto- They get some expiring contracts and some veteran players that can help now. They also get a young talent that is on a bargain contract.

11. Classic

Classic Member

Perfect. Acquire Bosh with out assets (package of books/lowry/landry/scola/budinger/taylor/hayes) and then pick up Igudola or Kevin Martin with Tmac's contract.

Yao
    Bosh
    Ariza
    AI/Kevin Martin
    Lowry/brooks

Hate to see Brooks or Landry go but Morey has said his goal is to stockpile assets to acquire even better assets. Yao and Bosh would be amazing.

12. Prince

Prince Member

much better. scola is cheaper and more reliable than Yao.

13. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

What happened to Calderon other than the injury? I seem to remember just not long ago everybody and their mother loved his game. How come Raps don't seem to want him now?

14. worzel gummidge

The article states "young assets" from Houston and possibly no McGrady.

Landry + Budinger + Battier + Cook
    for Bosh + O'Bryant + Weems

15. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Relevant as far as salaries are concerned. From a financial stand point I don't know if Morey would justify it.

16. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

Except that Bosh is in his prime. :grin:

17. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

If we trade this season they'd ask for Landry, but its unlikely unless its part of a Mcgrady package. What is more likely is an offseason sign and trade, but then it'd be Scola who'd be included as he'd get a significant raise which will help match salaries, + other prospects from us.

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

No. Bosh's cap hold would be the max salary amount. There is pretty much no viable scenario in which the Rockets could get Bosh AND have any appreciable cap room this summer.

19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Yeah but Scola is an expiring. We'd have to at least double his salary to retain his service IMO

20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

By "appreciable" cap room, I mean anywhere close to the max.

Sure, if Battier, Ariza, Andersen, Lowry and Scola were all involved in a deal for Bosh plus a small expiring contract, and if the Rockets declined the option on Chuck Hayes, then MAYBE you start talking about enough room to get one of the second-tier guys.

But that is not a likely scenario whatsoever.