1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Titans' Fisher denies Houston permission to interview assistant

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ryan17wagner, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I really hope Rick Dennison comes here. That Denver offense was nice under him. Kubiak and him will get along, too.

2. conquistador#11

Cut jeff fisher some slack. He has a playoff game to prepare for, nobody likes their coaches to do interviews prior to an important game.

....wait...what? This just in, Titans eliminated from playoffs 2 and a half weeks ago. This has bud adams written all over it. The rivalry between those infidels and our beloved texans only continues to get better.

1 person likes this.
  3. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

they need to look into Mike Leach. perfect OC for this team.

4. Major

Major Member

That link doesn't support your contention. In particular:

If the Bears wanted to hire away a team's contracted quarterbacks coach to run their offense, there would be nothing that could stop them, because going from a QB Coach to an Offensive Coordinator would be a step up.

O-Line coach is no different than QB coach. OC would be an upgrade in either case.

5. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

leach is persona non grata

6. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Conquistador,
    Oh wait... Last time I checked the Texans are also preparing for the offseason.... ;)

I give the Texans team props for putting together a nice season. There first winning season in franchise history. Congrats. Just leave the sarcasim off regarding the Titans not making the playoffs when your team will not be playing this weekend either.

As far as Munch goes. He is one of the best Oline coaches in the league and I am glad that the Titans are retaining his services. Fisher is a seasoned Coach and is fully aware of taking care of his Coaching staff. I can only assume that the two have spoken regarding this and all is cool. The Titans are not the first to block an assistant coach from interviewing for another assistant coach position (and are not required to do so for that matter). Hell in the article I referenced above it was Shannahan that did not give Dennison the right to interview for the Texans orginal coaching positions when Kubiack was putting his assistant coaching staff together.

The Texans can continue their search in other places.

7. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sounds like someone is a little upset their meager franchise isn't worth $905 million and growing.

Mike probably would have been able to fix our O-Line problems and that may scare Tittans from a competition standpoint.

8. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

I am sure thats what bud adams is upset about. :rolleyes:

9. reckonerone42

reckonerone42 Member

Wow, douche move, but doesn't matter too much IMO. Musgrave is the guy that I'd want to see be the Texans new OC. He's too good of a fit for the job after having coached Schaub (not to mention Matt Ryan) and being a QBs coach coming to a pass-oriented team.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure the Titans don't want Munchak giving us all their secrets. Cadences, hand-signals, plays, and tendencies are all held very close to the vest for NFL franchises, so I'm pretty sure the Titans were just protecting themselves. The rivalry probably didn't help matters, but I don't see the Titans giving Munchak permission to interview with the Colts or Jaguars either. Division rivals generally don't help each other out.

11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Bud is the spurned lover, who will take every chance to marginalize the city that tossed him aside. (The Vince draft pick?)

The vindictive old scumbag wants to disassociate the Texans from any of The Oilers past glory. He absolutely would not stomach the greatest offensive line duo in our city's history to be working together on the new team.

Typical

12. Fiah

Fiah Member

Another vote for Dennison

[​IMG]

13. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

No Munchak is fine by me. I don't want another first-time coordinator, especially with this offense.

14. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

oh this is coming from an organization who hasnt been in the playoffs yet, and so happens their best record of all time is 9-7

15. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

Actually it comes from an organization whose best days are ahead...

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

As far as established organizations go... the Oilers/Titans are one of the biggest underacheivers EVER.

No Super Bowl championships in over 43 years of Super Bowl play, only THREE AFC championship game appearences, biggest choke-job in sports history, and has the stain of moving to a red-neck/minor league city that may still haunt the team financially in years to come.

The Texans should never ever EVER be envious or strive to be anything the Titans have been over their 50 year existence.

The saddest thing are the pretend fans that still follow them and think they're still a part of Houston because they once played here... THAT is sad.

8 people like this.
  17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

haha, Nick just did some ownage damage.

18. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Repped. Very well put.

19. Buck Turgidson

Brilliant post.

"Tennessee Titans football: Hey, at least we're not the Clippers."

1 person likes this.
  20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

been meaning to text you...you should road trip down to katy tonight!