1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming to become father

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mac#5, Jan 5, 2010.

1. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I lol'ed

2. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

Does anyone know what happened to the red string that Yao used to wear around his wrist? His wife also wore it I believe.

3. jiji2811545

jiji2811545 Member

this friend ,CHINA is Humanized and Law-based society now,people has right to decided what they want to be or not to be ,please to know more about CHINA before your statement

4. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

Michael Jordan's son, Marcus Jordan, is nowhere near his father's level but he's not a bad
    basketball player. I don't know if he's good enough to be in the NBA, but maybe he is, he certainly has
    a lot of potential, and he's surely is a superstar basketball player at his university, and not
    only because of his father, but his own skills too.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Congrats to Yao and Ye!

If we were though looking for Yao to produce the next generation of uber b-ballers I think the NBA should've tried to hook Yao up with Lauren Jackson.

She's a bit taller than Ye and more athletic.
    ;)

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ralph Sampson III is playing right now for the University of Minnesota and having watched both of them play the third is nowhere near the second in terms of ability. Ralph Sampson III isn't even as tall as Ralph Sampson II.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I think they meant that the request was that the wedding be held in Shanghai....not that they got married to begin with.

8. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

You mean the guy averaging 4.8 pts and 3.0 rbs? Yea definite superstar.

9. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Well we as Rocket fans know that John Lucas was a hell of a player and his son wasn't bad but couldn't come close to his Dad. Look at GS with Curry his Dad was a great spot up shooter and young Curry looks like he's got star potential. Would love to get him for t-mac in fact.

To much pressure to put on Yao's family IMHO I mean China has a huge population why should the Ming family carry their hopes and dreams for basketball greatness. I'd go out for baseball if I was him. :grin:

10. bloop

bloop Member

You mean the YAO family. Yao is his last name. We Houston Rockets fans know this right by now right?

As far as genetics even twins don't share the exact genetic potential, let alone father and son. Even twins who both make the pros often dont have the same developmental trajectory. Horace and Harvey Grant, the Canseco brothers etc. There are too many little environmental factors that have to all strike jackpot to be a superstar. If you have the wrong coach or play in the wrong system or are in the wrong place at the wrong time... even the exact same player would have differing results if he had to do it all over again.

Personally, Yao is far from ideally suited for basketball (reaction, lateral speed etc) who knows he might have even been a better pitcher or a volleyball player with his coordination and ability to handle pressure on the FT line. Whatever Yao wants for his kid, and whatever the kid decides to do with his or her life. GRATS YAO

11. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

Yahoo Balls Dont Lie article on Yao becoming a father and how tall their child will likely be.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Yao-Ming-to-become-a-father?urn=nba,211902

12. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Hmm, what about the jailing of Rio Tinto's employees after China lost the negotiation, accusing them of espionage? Like you need to spy on state secrets to know that China needs a lot of copper, and there are only 3 companies big enough to supply them?

13. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Guantanamo Bay - Iraq war prisoners being tortured

every country has their warts, now stfu and stop dissing Yao's country whenever Yao is brought up. jeez...

I almost hestitate to click on Yao topics now because I know there will be one or two posts that hijack the focus from Yao to his country.

14. DanielYoung

DanielYoung Member

Your are awesome....

15. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

so Yao really has been working hard in the offseason :grin:

16. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

Just found out it's a girl. I'm kind of disappointed but congrats Yao.

17. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

Yao's family is disappointed.

18. SCOOTER T.

SCOOTER T. Contributing Member

Let me get this straight...Yao can create babies but can't play basketball. I think he's faking it. ;)

19. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

This will be the most rewarding experience of Yao's life.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That makes a lot more sense, thanks.