1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets escape terrible officiating late

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Gascon

Gascon Member

That post is full of win. :grin:

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

LOL there are bodies split into pieces with his name on them somewhere! ;)

Isn't this only his second tech ever?

3. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I don't disagree.
    LOL Clyde was straight out calling the refs terrible and when he did it at the end of the game, Worrell looked down and when he looked back up and changed the subject to Clyde's scarf.

4. SunsRocketsfan

yup Mavs are the most hated team.. I hated the Malone Jazz the most.. The Jazz in recent years are okay.. I still hate them but not with the same passion. Now that Dirty Ass Harping is gone its a bit better. Deron Williams is a great player and would love to him on the Rockets. As for the Mavs I wouldnt want a single one of their dirty flopping cheating players

5. BugOnAHarley

BugOnAHarley Contributing Member

I think you have a pretty good take on it. Some tough calls. The Terry hit on the head was a bad miss and the Brooks hack was probably a make up call. I also think it is harder to officiate this Rockets team because of the playing style than the old stand around Rockets. I think the T on Battier was wrong though.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

yeah pretty uch what has been said...basically told brooks to calm down, he's not going to get superstar calls and he needs to pop or look for the open man in those cases..

7. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

Really? Bullard is definitely more of a homer than Clyde, but I wouldn't say he goes way overboard as compared to commentators for other teams and sports. I think he's at least fair when it comes to flopping and block/charge calls. Clyde is a lot more objective, but he just about drives me crazy every game, especially when he can't pronounce "Budinger". Either way, I'm pretty pleased with our crew. :)

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Sorry, if the calls were in the last minute of the third, maybe yes, you're right on, but the history of non-calls late in games is is well, historic.

9. logicx

logicx Member

I thought they had that talk in another previous game? I'm sure this is something Aaron has already heard over and over...he's just choosing not to change what he does in the last few seconds of a game. He's not gonna get that call...hasn't all season.

On a side note, if Trevor was giving any other recommendation besides the previous...I hope Aaron doesn't listen. :grin: j/k of course...

10. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

He was tellin him, when you swing you gotta make sure and connec...t.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

As much as I hate Ariza, this did not look intense at all. Not like the last time

12. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

He was probably just telling him to keep his composure. Brooks is not going to get that call in that situation. You're good Brooks, but you ain't that damn good. Don't let the season so far go to your head.

13. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Brooks did get fouled on that drive late in the game. But to be fair, so did Jason Terry on the play before that when he drove and got murdered. Just calling it like I saw it.

14. kharboosa

kharboosa Member

Listen guys, compared to the guys here in Dallas and the crap they were saying the other night, we have it real good. Even when the rox get away with a call, our guys will have laugh at it or make some smart comment to at least acknowledge that yeah, we got one. And as far as Bull and Clyde, I would take bull over "clubbing baby seals" any day of the week. LOL

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What about Clyde's comment about how "Carl Landry just GORILLA-ed the ball"? I am suprised Clyde didn't pull a Billy Packer on Aaron Brooks, you know: "Look at that little monkey go!"

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

not THAT good? He was hammered by 2-3 players

17. Sman2k10

Sman2k10 Member

ariza was probably just telling brooks to calm down cause he looked pissed off after that foul. they didn't want another technical. Ariza is pretty experienced and pretty good defender. once we get a good 2 or 3, he will be a great compliment player. We might not like him takin 3's but once a star 2 or 3 comes along; we will be glad we have Ariza.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

y'all ar emissing the fact that dallas didnt get a call as well...this wasnt about giving a game to the mavs, but more about the refs swalloing their whistles or calling the game as basic as they could downt he stretch so there would be no complaints on either side, basically "let them play". The problem with that is the team who gets fouled more gets the short end of it, this time we happen to be that team, but it could have been dallas. Point is the consistentcy in the officiating is pathetic.

19. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

That didn't look intense at all. It looked like Ariza was explaining something to Aaron, he was already mad aobut the no call...

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well let's see......

They called a BS call on Battier on a clean block + 2 points to the Mavs side.

They missed a push on Dirk on Battier, and got a technical out of it for the Mavs + 1 for the T, +2 for the ball.

They missed a foul on Jason Terry + 2 for the Rockets.

They missed a foul on Dirk on AB + 2 for the Mavs.

The final tally?

Refs for Mavs + 7
    Refs for Rox +2

I think we got screwed, and lucky to have won.

DD