1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

Yeah he said that on the Rome show AFTER he's PR people told him to correct that statement............MORON!!!

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Ditto Gentlemen.

3. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

"It's my fault we missed free throws. It's my fault we lost both games. Blame me. It's my fault we fouled to tie the game up. That's my fault. It's my fault they get easy layups. It's my fault we're not executing well on the offensive end. It's my fault a couple people in the stands ordered Heinekens and they got Budweiser. It's my fault. I'm sorry."

Apology accepted..................don't let happen again Tracy!!

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

"NNNYYAAAYAAAGHHHH!!"

-Tracy McGrady after every layup attempt

1 person likes this.
  6. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

And more from the same article:

"That's another one of my faults: that Rafer got hurt and Yao got hurt," McGrady said. "It's my fault. I'm sorry.

"Even some of the guys can't even believe it. I was talking to one of the guys, and he was like, 'I would hate to be you. I really can't believe what some of the people say about you, especially after playing the game you played the other night.' They can't believe it."

7. Deep Waters

Deep Waters Member

"I'm not just a basketball player. I've got other talents."
    - Tracy McGrady

8. melo_elo

melo_elo Member

'Impose my will'

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

re: Steve Francis returning to the team, 2007

"If he's not humble after all he's been through, I'd be disappointed."

What a condescending douchebag. Can't wait to be rid of him!

10. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Just like Tracy, All talk and no substance. He should play more and talk less.

11. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

“If you don't get your touches, there's other ways to be productive for us. That's on the defensive end, blocking shots, running the floor like a thoroughbred. If you run the floor, you have a guy that's willing and able to pass you the ball and reward you for running the floor. Those types of things.”
    -Should have taken your own advice. Would have resulted in more than 8 minutes.

I rarely get any rest in a game, always playing 44 to 48 (minutes). Tonight, with the guys contributing, making shots and playing extremely well, I had a chance to rest, sit down and gather myself a little bit to where I came in in the fourth quarter fresh and was able to close out the game.”
    - Translation: My teammates came to work for once.

I just felt real comfortable, despite being out for awhile. When I caught my second wind toward the end of the game, I was fine. I just felt like any defender that was guarding me was pretty much at my mercy.”
    -Today I was god.

“They don't need a player like me because their starting five is a (great) five. They all know their roles and nobody tries to do too much.”
    -Should not have any complaints over no playing time on this team then, right?

“It's kind of tough when you've got two guys on you. They did a great job double-teaming me.”
    -Stop whining. Superstar max players get double teamed. It comes with the job description.

“Tonight was one of those games where shots were falling for us. We felt confident in our defense that we could get stops on the defensive end. Granted, they scored 111 points, but a lot of those were contested jumpers and long three pointers.”
    - WTF!

I would have griped about (being taken out) because we were playing so well. We wanted to win this game. I was really going to talk (coach Jeff Van Gundy) into leaving me out there, even though they wanted to keep my minutes down.”
    - I have no problem being taken out when we are getting blown out in a 40 point loss. When the going gets tough....

I wanted to come out in the third quarter and really impose my will on this game.”
    -Look, I get to chose when I impose my will.

I've got to get myself going. Everything is on me right now.”
    - ME ME ME

I'm still not out of it. Regardless of how we played, I've got a lot going inside my head.”
    -Let me repeat... regardless of the team, ME ME ME

My job is to make the players I’m playing with better. I’m going to be the cat that does a lof of the ‘other things."
    -Worship me

I work on my game daily. Because I’m never satisfied, never going to be.”
    -This has got to be joke.

“A couple of years ago, I was following players. Now, I’m trying to have guys follow me.”
    - Worship me some more

"I don't know what life is like, I don't know how regular people live. I just can never understand it. My first job was the NBA."
    -This explains him taking seasons off.

"I'm just one guy. I can't bring the whole league closer to the fans."
    -Even Jesus had his limits.

"There's nothing about ME that's selfish."
    - LOL! Hear yourself much?

"I know I have to keep up my image. It's all about how you handle the situation."
    -The best self-advice you can take right now

"...some nights I did slack off."
    -We noticed.

13. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

"My defender was at my mercy tonight."

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ramathorn rammed in the A....

15. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Im not a MAC fan, im a Rocket fan and as long as T-Mac is on the Rockets i ll support him 100%. But if we do trade him I would like to see him go to the Nets. I think that would really test his character and will for the game of basketball.

16. mi0304

mi0304 Member

"I'm just looking forward to something great happening in the city of Houston, believe me, something great is gonna happen."

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pQKfqfN2k7U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pQKfqfN2k7U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

lol at T-Mac in this vid... i mean C'MOOOOOOOOONNNN MAAAAAANNN!

18. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Remember all of the nonsense that statement started? I remember that vividly. It was right around the All Star break here in Houston in 2006. McGrady who was healthy at the time was missing games because of personal issues. He would not even tell the Rockets staff what the problem was.

I also remember that as it was that first game after the all star break that the Red Rowdies started. It started as Clutchfans getting together. Yao had a breakout game and grabbed like 22 boards in a Rockets home win.

19. mi0304

mi0304 Member

His pick for the title:

McGrady: Lakers.

Host: That easy, again?

McGrady: Lakers.

20. diehardrockets

ah man it bothers me every time he does that