1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[McGrady] Team & Agent Agree To Work On Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tomato, Dec 28, 2009.

1. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

The land mine was already placed, he just had to take a step.

2. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

I love all that GS has to offer, so much that it's worth taking in Maggette's contract.

Ellis? All-star SG.
    Biedrins? True center. Sweet backup for Yao.
    Randolph? I see potential in him. We could use his length / athleticism at the PF/C position as well.

Ellis isn't content with Curry's presence in the court. The Warriors would be stupid to let go of such a promising rookie with a bright future ahead of him, so Ellis is a very possible trade piece. Nelson is giving Randolph the cold shoulder, so he's available.

3. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Jon,

With all of the trade rumors going around concerning McGrady, which NBA writers do you think are more accurate, which ones do you read, if any?

(I read them all. The Yahoo guys and Stein at ESPN seems to do well with trade rumors. -- Jonathan)

What was Yahoo's proposed trade??

4. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

5. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

what are you talking about?

dm's been wanting to trade tmac since last season when he was in and out of the line up but tmac cockblocked that at the trade deadline with his surgery announcement.

ra's never wanted to play tmac this season but ended playing him for 7mins for 6games just to showcase him.

whatever tmac did (he was toeing the line every single time and tried his best to say the right things), there is no way ra/dm wouldve have him stayed with the rockets. either he was gonna ride the bench or he's gonna get traded.

and finally, after being told by RA that he wont play the nets/cavs games, tmac's given up on the rockets because he finally realized that RA/DM wants him gone and nothing he did (supporting his teammates, being a good kid in front of les, saying the right words to the media) was gonna change that. so he finally gave up on his desire to stay with the rockets and start working for a trade.

how do you think should he have handled this? just shut up? if he did that, he wouldve been benched until the end of the season. and if that happened, what do you think he wouldve gotten for his next contract? even if he accepted the minimum, there's no way in hell RA/DM would sign him back to the rockets. and since RA will bench him the entire season and he never gets to show he still has game left, the other teams would probably offer him the minimum as well. tmac did the right thing. he needs to let go of his desire of staying with the rockets. RA/DM dont want him. might as well go to a team that wants you.

6. RedRowdy111

7. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Sorry...I'm not sure how to post links lol
    My trade is:
    Kings get: T-Mac, Scola, Battier, and Taylor (possibly a draft pick as well)
    Rockets receive: Kevin Martin, Jason Thompson, Andres Nocioni and Kenny Thomas

8. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Yeah, there seems to be no way, we'd be able to just trade McGrady without giving up either Scola, Landry, Brooks or Budinger. Throwing in Battier to a deal, like some have said would be dumb as he is very much the leader of this current team.

Any deal to trade McGrady runs the risk of depleting our roster of the young talent we have or giving us scraps and a bad contract. Honestly, I hope Morey and the Rockets don't have it in writing that they are absolutely going to trade McGrady, because him coming off the books clean might be the desirable option.

9. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

10. RedRowdy111

It required a ski mask

11. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Not so sure about this trade but idk what to expect anymore until something actually happens. If he is traded imho i think he'll go east.

12. number22

number22 Member

even if it was true that mcgrady cockblocked a trade last year. Do you really think he wouldve passed the physical?

13. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Haha no...nice way to think of that though
    I just typed out my trade.....I didn't know how to post the trade machine link

14. slayer700506

slayer700506 Member

Did I strike a nerve? Good to see guys like you leaving. I am like a lot of true Rockets fans here. Tired of all of your whining.

As you can see by the amount of my posts. I do not post here regularly. Been a ROCKETS fan a lot longer than you believe me.
    Although I thought I'd chime in today because I am happy to finally see and end to all this Tmac drama. Sick and tired of it.

Oh and it's you're not your.

Like I said before Good riddance!!

1 person likes this.
  15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I'd wager that Morey would be more likely to be childish than past GMs... lol.

Could you really put it totally past Morey for him to Twitter the recent updates to Bill Simmons? If he did that, let McGrady find out through Bill Simmons in the media instead of directly, that'da been so childishly vengefully awesome.
    I think McGrady's reputation proceeds him in this. I dont think Rockets intentionally tried to set it up where McGrady put egg in his own face. But he did. And they probably knew he would do.

I wanted it where McGrady played every game, just went with it. Up the trading deadline and let him get dealt. Like 95% other players, keep playing until you're dealt. I think McGrady had too big an ego to be a dusted off showcase-only player. Cant blame him there. But at the same time its about compromising cuz other teams are watching him, too. They're wondering if that can happen to US.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good points. I don't think Tracy faked anything last year,he was hurt and couldn't play through it. Was surgery the right thing to do? I'm not sure,but there are was a clinical rational for it.

If he had worked hard on both ends of the floor over the last 2-3 seasons, I think they might have retained him. I admit it's just a guess on what RA/DM would have done. When he joined the Rockets he was a good but not great defender.

I think he should have played in the limited minutes,although it's hard to show how much one can show in them.

#216 saleem, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  17. Curly

Curly Member

I agree with you DD and think the two players that this team can afford the least to give up are Landry and Scola. Over the course of this season, these two have solidified themselves as the heart and soul of this team (IMHO). They are the perfect picture of how hustle and teamwork gets the job done. I am impressed with the way that Chuck has been able to up the amount of touches and turn the touches that he was already getting into productive touches. That being said, this is my list of players in order of importance to the team and who we can least afford to group in a trade for risk of breaking up the team chemistry.

Landry/Scola
    Brooks (plus if you talk to any other teams fan, they would kill to have Brooks speed and shooting)...just needs to work on his control
    Lowry
    Hayes

The rest in my eyes could be traded with out much impact except for Battier, who I think would "understand" the business decision.

The Rockets would be fools if they tried to move Budinger, this kid is going too be special.

Yao of course isn't even in the question at this point and the Rockets aren't going to move Ariza (unless he and his agent have been talking with the FO behind the scenes).

That being said, I bet that the FO would give up Lowry before Brooks, the rest of the team is up in the air in my eyes.

18. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

Are you high?

19. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I love this trade for both sides..(although much much more for the Rockets)
    We get a talented scorer who is quite efficient offensively (when healthy), a great young big man imo in Thompson and Nocioni is just another wing player used as a throw in, same for Thomas.
    Kings get T-Mac with his HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE contract relief, a guy in Scola who would become a fan favorite, who is greatly underrated, as well as Battier and they have the option to keep Scola if they want to after this year (if they sign him) and they have the choice to keep Battier or let him walk after next season. Taylor is basically a throw in, who could be another project for them.

20. Curly

Curly Member

When he went forward with the surgery without getting the FO "approval" is where the hammer droped, the rest has just been fuel for the fire.