1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[McGrady] Team & Agent Agree To Work On Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tomato, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The only way Tmac is going to be a star is if he gets shipped to a lottery team where he can heat check his way to 20 points on 20 shots a night. He won't be a star on a contending team or even a solid playoff team. I can promise you that.

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He meant beat him to the doctor I think.

3. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Maggette is one of the biggest ball hogs in the league if not the biggest. I do not, I repeat do not want him to be apart of the Houston Rockets unless we exchange him as soon as we acquired him.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wish it could have work out differently,both McGrady and management handled things poorly IMO. Although, I do think most of the responsibility lies with McGrady and his agent.
    Since Tracy has made up his mind,it's good that he brought it to a head instead of lingering around. Trading him is an altogether different thing. The Rockets can't accommodate his wishes. His expiring contract of 23M and his limited time on the court,plus his injury history doesn't guarantee anything for us. DM will be lowballed IMO.

There might be an outside chance of someone taking a gamble on him because of his past performances and his talent level.
    A bad deal is far worse than letting his contract expire.

I'm frustrated but not angry at him. I feel somewhat sad too.

I liked him when he was T-Mac,despite the fact that he was never a closer or a real superstar. Yao and he got along well.

I never expected big things on his return,I feel it would have been nice for him to get healthy enough to play a good role for us down this stretch, although I'm not bothered by it.

I wish him well. I will be happy for him if he succeeds on another team.

5. Curly

Curly Member

Now that was good for a chuckle.

6. worzel gummidge

McGrady's trade value is his expiring contract and nothing more. The Rockets are in prime position to snap up players in a fire sale (Suns) or teams needing to ditch salary for 2010 cap space.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

....and the man was right :(

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

He doesn't have to be a star on a contending team. He'd probably be happy as long as he got more than 8 minutes a game. :grin:

9. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

just from a talent perspective they would be dumb to let those players go without at least demanding one of scola/landry/brooks.

10. slayer700506

slayer700506 Member

We won't miss you (or him) believe me! Good riddance!
    Oh and take all your TOF with you while you're at it.

11. Curly

Curly Member

20pts on 20 shots? 50% shooting percentage would be 3rd highest on the team and 20pts a night would be good for 15th in the league right now. I'd settle for that.

I see the point you are trying to make, but just sayin'

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

No contenders want him. They would have to gut their roster to accommodate his salary. Not to mention, who wants a chemistry killer when they are trying to make a run for a title?

He is definitely going to a lottery bound team. IF he is a model citizen and a looks to be regaining his old form I can see the possibility of a contender signing him for cheap this off-season. I don't see it happening though because I think Tracy would honestly prefer to be "the man" on a bad team and collect a big paycheck than be just another player on a great team and collect a more modest pay check.

He's beyond caring about his legacy or his second round virgin status at this point. He just wants the money and the stats so he can continue to believe in his mind that he is an elite player.

13. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

God I hope Chase get well soon or I will get stuck watching Ariza awful and painful development or whatever they trying to to with him this year.

14. tmacjordan123

tmacjordan123 Member

Can you please go with him too? Your just as annoying.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

If we buy him out, a contending team would pick him up.

16. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Agree but its soooo funny how this whole thing seriously blew up just by him asking for a lil bit more mins. Wow.

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Typically, if you're only scoring a point per shot you're doing really, really poorly. Keep in mind, free throws and three point shots in your equation.

Ex. Trevor Ariza is scoring 16.3 ppg on 16 shots....not very efficient and nowhere near 50% shooting (more like .375)

18. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

If the Rockets buy him out then they'll just be as dumb as the knicks. Even though its a different situation McGrady is no Marbury but why would u buy out a huge expiring contract then get nothing out of it.

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Possibly. I don't think a buyout is going to happen but good point.

20. Entropy

Entropy Member

He can ask for more minutes just fine. The problem is when he airs out his complaints to the media. Just as it has always been his problem.