1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crazy Utah Trade - ESPN Says "It Works"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Raspy, Dec 28, 2009.

1. matthappy

matthappy Member

nope,worst trade idea ever.

okur is just the same type of player as andersen,it doesn't make any sense for us to keep a repeat,AK47 is just a crap.He is definitely on his decline.

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

[​IMG]

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm sure the OP is a sweet guy. He may be a captain of industry...or a philanthropist.

But you should be banned from Clutchfans eternally if you suggest the Rockets should become the Jazz.

Okur?? Really??

4. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Lol... captain of industry. Perhaps he has been eating the table scraps leftover from he who dines with Mexican industrialists.

5. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

NO! How are we going to give away T-Mac, our ex-star player in the process of becoming our star player
    again AND Battier, our best defender, to Utah Jazz, for OKUR, AK AND KORVER!?!?!?

6. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry rookie...we don't accept any Jazz player...period.

7. albuster

albuster Member

Jerry Sloan will immediately resign if he ever gets McGrady on his team. They are total opposites and he is one coach who will never be able to tolerate this drama queen.

8. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

We have a random trade thread, thats where this and other horrible trades ideas go.

9. adoo

adoo Member

any trade that rids McLady is a GREAT trade for theRox

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

JVG had no problem with him. The deal isn't that bad except it being with the jazz.

11. J-Mac

J-Mac Member

They'd have to at the very least throw in the Knicks pick in order for me not to feel as bad about it.

12. dudeimfromhtown

okur, ak, and korver will make the rox a instant title contenders? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

13. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

The only reason this trade works on ESPN is becuz of the numbers...to be honest, i'd rather trade TMAC for a stick of gum than to trade for any of those scrubs you've listed...thank goodness you're not the GM.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If Utah throws in the New York pick....

If we flipped Kirilenko and that pick for Bosh....

I don't find Kirilenko as worthless as do many on this board, just way, way, overpaid (which could be remedied next year when that contract is up).

But losing Battier's leadership for Kirilenko's flops and not getting the NY pick in return? Man, does ESPN have ANY respect for the Rockets? (Rhetorical question.)

15. melo_elo

melo_elo Member

[​IMG]

16. mazinger

mazinger Member

Replace Brian Cook for Battier and we have a deal!! Otherwise, no way.

17. rocketry

rocketry Member

The real trade is mentioned in the end:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PwCWuzEhiZs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PwCWuzEhiZs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm more interested in the fallout than whether this works or not.

I say make the trade. This will allow me to quit the Rockets. I haven't been able to quit to date.

Depending on how Adelman handles Tmac, that might give me some ammo as well. Adelman admitting he doesn't know how to use Tmac has me actually wondering about Adelman now. His logic is basically "we can't go back and we can't go forward". He is the coach. He is supposed to be able to deal with things like this. He has to find a way to work Tmac back in the line-up...not second guess himself in the media. Does Adelman actually think the way he has our team playing now is going to be a good fit when Yao returns? No...things are going to change when the big fellow returns...just as they must change now that Tmac has returned. Adelman must be under an illusion that this is a championship team...so he doesn't want to mess it up. Umm...no.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I would do this trade just to see Jerry Sloan vs. Tracy McGrady.

If McGrady fans are crying about Adelman now, wait till Jerry Sloan gets in the ring. He will chew Tracy up and spit him out faster than you can say Second rou.....

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't understand how a few decent but over-paid players would make us title contenders. Plus, we give up our team leader? (and no, I'm not talking about McGrady)

This is probably the worst trade idea I've seen proposed here in years.