1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jermaine Taylor's Throw Down!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T FOR 3!!!, Dec 28, 2009.

1. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Edit by Clutch - 9:20am, 12/28/2009
    <object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2gHHbouQIeA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2gHHbouQIeA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

<HR>
    I've been saying for a while that this guy is the best athlete on this team. his shot has not been falling in limited play as much as it would need to for him to crack the rotation, but this guy straight up BEAT his man and dunked IN TRAFFIC. this is the first time we've seen this play from anyone besides Landry this season. (Ariza's are always either uncontested fast-breaks or lead passes with the occasional pass-out-pump-fake drive, and his reverse wasnt a real face-up move. its mostly the same with c-bud, unless you count his 1st dunk against the blazers). I'm not being picky, but it takes a real skill set to have the handles quckness and hops to beat your man and attack the rim with people inside like he did. I really feel that his skillset makes him a valuble player, and i really hope we see more of this kid soon. although i honestly dont kno how, but i def feel that on a less set team he would be cracking the rotation easily. ANYWAYS, CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE POST A VIDEO OF THE DUNK, I REWOUND MY TIVO SEVERAL TIMES!!

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

Taylor trash sucks.

3. Rawkets

Rawkets Member

Yea, I'd like to see this dunk too.

As athletic as JT may be...I don't think he'll be given much play time over Ariza and/or Tracy this season. He's a good piece to keep though for next season when we might lose Tracy and gain Yao back.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

1) THat is not true
    2) That is like saying he is the fastest turtle at the zoo

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Taylor is definitely an athlete. Beating a man and dunking in traffic is good. Its what happens when defenders seal off the crease to the basket? Does he exhibit body control to get a lay in? Can he take a mid range shot? Can he have presence of mind to pass the ball off the dribble to the best spot? Gerald Green has ability to get a step on a player and dunk over defenders. But that given opportunity isnt always there in a game.

From what I've seen, Taylor has pretty good straight ahead speed too. Wouldnt be surprised if he finished 1st in a team foot race.

6. Lumix

Lumix Member

lol at this.

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The guy was a C-USA star. I am not sure why they don't send him to the D-League or trade him if they won't play him.

8. alex09xu

alex09xu Member

I stopped at "best athlete"

9. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

This man speaks the truth!!
    Athletic ability is just one of many attributes a player can have. In reality there a thousands of athletes that never make it because of lack of skill or BB IQ.
    Like Shroopy wrote Gerald Green is a great example. Harold Miner, James White, Stromile Swift and even now guys like Joe Alexander who are above average athletes but relly only on that usually don't enjoy long careers.

11. alex09xu

alex09xu Member

12. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

No problem at all.

13. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

True dat.

So true, dat.

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I don't think he's ready yet. Luckily, Chase isn't out for too long.

15. matthappy

matthappy Member

JT is another promising star in our team,though he played very limited time right now.From the few performance on the court,we definitely see the courage and confidence .

this guy could play better if more minutes given,compared with chase ,TJ is more athleticism and hustle.His offensive rebound and defense is no doubt better than chase,what this guy badly need is the experience of NBA,I believe coach RA see that as well.

16. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

I saw the game. Taylor's dunk was amazing, I'm sure he's the best dunker on our time. He's nowhere
    near to "best athlete" in our team though, but he sure can dunk better than anyone else.

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

[​IMG]

coudlnt find any posts of you saying it for a while, but here's some cookies

18. chonox

chonox Member

zzzzz wasnt in the top 10 plays for the day on nba.com

wasnt good enough to get on the cavs vs rockets game either... where is this dunk, i hope u guys arent talkign it up too much :p Don't want to be disappointed after seeing it and going 'oh'

lol, as for dunkers, it wouldnt be hard to be the best dunker, we dont have many prolific dunkers, ariza used to be, but not so much nowadays, landry has nice dunks but more power dunks and stuff... and thats about it? Chase has caught a few nice alleyoops this year but as far as dunks Rockets in general imo never get that many or highlight reel worthy ones, which I don't mind, just saying

19. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I just edited the original post to include the video of the dunk ...

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Thanks Clutch.

IMO, JT needs to slow down his game. He is being too frantic out there, obviously nervous and eager to show that he can play.

In the offseason he needs to watch a lot of D-Wade tape and try to emulate the latter.