1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza crying?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I thought Rafer was gone.... :p

2. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Rafer may physically gone, but his shooting touch remains with the Rockets.

3. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

didnt watch the game, was he rlly crying ?

4. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0GXgFC8q32Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0GXgFC8q32Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. obliviousworld

haha. glen davis wut a panzeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Glen Davis was crying because she was fat and KG didn't find her attractive.

7. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Ah we're talking team mates ;)

Thought you meant like the point guards he likes to go after on the opposition.

8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Last 4 games:

10/48 = 20.83%

He should be used like Battier, no dribbling and no shooting unless you are WIDE open otherwise just rebound, pass, and play solid D.

9. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

I'm a somewhat KG fan so I'll have to defend him. Garnett use to talk trash to Tim Duncan too in his Minny days and he did to LaMarcus Aldridge before as well last season. So it's not like he targets guys half his size and only half his size. Though, he does bully them a lot more cruelly.

10. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

What's Ariza more likely to end up at this season?

- 40% from the field, 35% from three
    - 35% from the field, 30% from three

The first would be bad. The second would be epically, monumentally, historically bad. Yet I can't say the second is all that unlikely, much less out of the question.

11. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Great player, hell of a player in fact. Massive douchebag though.... I just love this video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FASClJTnJ4I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FASClJTnJ4I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Ariza is crying, because Adelman said Morey has a verbal agreement with the Kings to trade T-Mac for Kevin Martin.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Top 5 worst shooting percentages for the Rockets in 2009

1. Budinger 40.9%
    2. Ariza 37.9%
    3. TMac 36.8%
    4. JT 31.6%
    5. Pops 25.0%

Holy mother of douche - as crap as Ariza is shooting this season he's still hitting a better % than TMac?

Looking at the numbers, there isn't really a 'much better' shooting option available in the wings to take minutes away from Ariza anyway...

14. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Lol, how is McGrady supposed to raise his percentage when he doesn't even play? And you could look at it another way, Ariza is just as good as an injured McGrady. Doesn't bode too well.

15. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

take a statistics class dude, those numbers don't mean anything for t-mac, he's played too little for it to be statistically meaninful. The same is true for JT and Pops. (maybe even Chase, but I'd have to do actual calculations of confidence intervals, his case is not that clear).

Just think, if Joey Dorsey came on for a single minute shot and made a single shot, and then left, he'd have a 100% percentage.

That's the extreme of what you're trying to put on T-Mac and the other guys in that list that haven't played much minutes.

Don't throw around numbers when you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

16. drumbum

drumbum Member

Well, to be honest, you can't really put up T-Mac, JT, or Pops in there because they played such an insignificant amount of minutes they can't be counted. T-Mac played 7-8 mins a game and took 6 shots max and Ariza plays 6 times as many minutes and takes quite a few more shots. Statistically the more a person shoots, to a certain point, the better their FG% will get.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

I didn't see the game maybe he was sick.

18. BetterThanEver

Is that true? I thought players the FG% goes down with more shots, due to players having to take more inefficient shots to increase their volume.
    I could swear that's what some say about Ron Artest's improving percentages and Ariza's worsening percentages.

19. BetterThanEver

This low FG% is more related to his injuries than his minutes.
    In 2008-09, T-mac averaged 38.8% FG in 34 min.

20. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

who is jason taylor?