1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dick Justice: What to do with McGrady now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Tracy has and always will play for himself. Now that doesn't mean he won't pass to other players or not take a shot when some1 else is open, NO. It means he will never cheer for the team, unless he feels it's on the verge of doing something big for him (get HIM a ring, get HIM a championship), he will never willingly stay with the team and he will never play fully with the team.

2. melo_elo

melo_elo Member

you'd have to be the fan to do that

it's his job to play and win.

you dont root for the company you work for just for the sake of it, you do it because you'll benefit from it. its simple as that :eek:

if your job is to play and win, and your team is playing better without you its not gonna put a smile on your face buddy. you've got to be a little egoistical to exist in this world

3. sydmill

sydmill Member

T-Mac isn't a real rocket as far as im considered, saying the coach makes decisions and he has to just go with it, unless by that he means go home than he is full of it. Im done with t-mac and ready for him to leave this franchise, he has let houston down

4. ApuN

ApuN Member

This incident proves again why there are T-Mac fans and real Rocket fans, and at this point the two are exclusive.

At this point who cares about this selfish a**hole? The only thing he has contributed to the team for all of last season and 2 months this season is a lot of damn headaches.

Screw this guy...

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

is that exclusive insider info?

6. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

B.S. It is next to be impossible to be successfully sued for libel since it has to be proved that you willingly lied and knew that what you were saying was false. In other words, all he has to say is that "I thought it was true" about all the **** he made up.

Examples of downright lies in this very article:

Lie. Adelman went back on his word and refused to play him. McGrady spoke calmly about it to the media (considering) and ASKED to be allowed to attend his sons b-day, and having gotten permission, flew home. It's not the same thing as this propaganda.

Stupid, childish, blatantly biased conjecture.

Lie. McGrady toed the line exactly (even the haters on here were begrudginly admitting he was saying the right things) for the six game of 7.5 mins. Then when his minutes are supposed to start increasing RA shuts him down.

Where does this jackass get "Almost immediately" from?

When you're proven wrong, what do we get to do to you? Put your money where your mouth is. No doubt this jackass is one of the ones who was saying in November that T-Mac would never wear a Rockets uniform again.

Total B.S. We've heard nothing but good from anyone from DM to Aaron Brooks. No one shows a single sign of being displeased, even in facial features. They laugh and joke together on the bench.

This dumbass just makes this up to get the clutchfans people to read his stupid blog.

1 person likes this.
  7. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Dumbass, Cook just played tonight. The difference is T-mac WASN'T PLAYING. As in he is ready, capable, can contribute, and RA WON'T PLAY HIM. Get the difference?

1 person likes this.
  8. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

When you make **** like this up, it ruins your credibility with people that actually know something about the world. The rest are already delusional t-mac haters, so they don't really matter.

9. obliviousworld

DEAR WORLD.....
    T-mac will be back stronger than ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I will personally make sure of this myself........
    Don't judge him right now, you will see his true strength when he is comes back....

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

First things first: Props to Mr. Herrera for the BEST THREAD TITLE EVER!

Classic.

As for the latest installment of As the World Turns, everything looks somewhat believable on the surface:

Superstar franchise player is recovering from major surgery. Wants more minutes, coach wants to play it safe until he's sure the player is ready and will be productive.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure...

If the superstar in question were Kobe or LeBron, it would be totally believable. Even D-Wade, Gilbert, etc. But this is Tracy McGrady, who wiped his ass with the Rockets last year and didn't seem to even understand that's what he was doing. Well guess what? He STILL doesn't get it.

The other players in this drama:

Coach Rick, a players' coach, whose entire strategy for success relies on having a team of unselfish players. GM Daryl, who you can bet by now has an extremely complex "T-Mac variable" in his bag of tricks that tells him when a player's skills and intangibles warrant putting up with all sorts of nonsense.

At some point, either last season or during training camp, GM Daryl went to Coach Rick and said, "Y'know, I've looked at the numbers from every possible angle, and I just don't see this player being the type of player MENTALLY who can shine in your system. Furthermore, it won't be easy, but I'll bet I can find SOME way to turn him into some assets that WILL shine in your system." And they figure out their dastardly plan.

OK, maybe it's not that easy, but Morey and RA obviously made a decision a while back that they want as little to do with T-Mac as possible and want to move him as soon as they can get something of substance in return.

This year's Rockets team is a team without egos. And as much as we love watching that, it's not enough to win it all. The closest thing to an egoless team to win the title in the last couple of decades would be the recent-vintage Pistons champions, or the Spurs. The Pistons had better caliber starters than we do and the Spurs had the ultimate egoless superstar in Duncan. But dammit if we're not building something really special with this current group, and maybe Morey can dump McGrady to bring us the missing pieces.

T-Mac at 100% might be enough to convince Morey and Adelman to put up with the BS, but the current T-Mac, who needs a new contract AND whose body is in decline, probably doesn't even look tempting to them any more. It's a no-brainer of a decision, and Morey and RA made it a long, long time ago.

#50 topfive, Dec 27, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  11. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

Dumbass -

when cook doesn't play he is still on the bench supporting the team.

T-mac likes to lounge backstage and watch the game on TV or go home to his kid's two-day birthday party.

Dumbass, RA didn't go back on his word. He said he was going to play him 7-8 minutes a game for 6-7 games and see what he had. When he saw that he had a 23 million dollar drama queen he decided the team was better off without him for a couple of games.

Dumbass - get the difference?

12. duran2u

duran2u Member

Play T-Mac or let him go. He still is the best player on this team. If you can’t find a way to fit him in the rotation after Ariza struggles to find his shot all night long then I guess I need to be the coach. The whole organization is handling this unprofessionally except for his teammates. We know last year he didn’t handle his situation with the surgery the best way. He was trying to think ahead of management and keep himself in the city he loves. He out smarts management and now they hold a grudge against him because they were planning on trading him. Just let the man go so he can enjoy the rest of his career playing the game he loves basketball.

13. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Seriously, I need to spell this out for you? Cook is on the bench because he knows there is a CHANCE he might get playing time. Like he did today. When coach tells the player there is no CHANCE of him getting playing time, he's obviously got no reason to be there.

T-Mac didn't follow the team around EVERYWHERE before he was activated and noone whined about it then. That is standard practice.

14. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Calm down Tracy, you just need to humble yourself if you want playing time.

#54 MiddleMan, Dec 27, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  15. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

In my opinion that is precisely why T-mac is home wearing a party hat.

He didn't get playing time *handed* to him and thinks that coming back from rehab is all that is required to take minutes away from someone who shows up and plays every possession.

If he ran his legs instead of his mouth he would be on the court. But T-mac has shown numerous times that he would rather talk about it than show it on the court.

Let me spell it out for you - It's on him.

16. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

I am really getting sick of this crap. MOREY DO WHATEVER YOU THINK IS BEST, BUT WE NEED CLOSURE.

17. OvenproofBadger

How have they bent over backwards? How do u no that? By saying we will give u 7 minutes a game and Ariza will be playing instead of you shooting so poorly, that is bending over backwards for him? Fact is, u dont no

18. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Cook knows his role in the team, so should Tracy.

19. number22

number22 Member

Apparently adelman doesn't even know tracy's role

20. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

I agree if we had a couple of Kobe Bryants on our roster I say let T-mac sit but we are not that deep or good. If Mac can help the team he should be playing because no matter what it's about winning in any Pro sport. Not sure how much truth you could find in this article. I found the article pretty ugly and brutal towards T-mac it reminded me of what I read in the Orlando papers just plain hate. Sad but I guess that's what sells papers these days.