1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: T-Mac sits until he can be worked in (Coach unsure how to distribute minutes)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's still all conjecture.

I am going to take what Adelman says at face value until I have reason to belief he is playing a PR game. So far he has not given any reason to think that way - in the time he's been our head coach he has shown he shoots pretty striaight from the hip and that was his reputation in his previous cities as well.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok...if you say so.

DD

3. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

DaDa:

I respect you as a poster, really enjoy your takes and insights, but I really do not understand the vitriol you have for McGrady. I understand that this guy is a first rate prima donna. I know, that he has given his detractors every reason to hate on him. Heck, he has even given his supporters ample reasons to hate on him. But at the end of the day, it would only benefit the Rockets if something is worked out and he brings what he can bring to this team.

We should all want what is best for the organization. It is clear that the Rockets are not going to get value for him via trade. His biggest value is as an expiring contract. So, I am of the opinion, that we should try to get something out of it.

4. PeppermintCandy

Why is it less likely that Adelman decided that the 7-minute experiment wasn't working and he wished to play Taylor over McGrady for the next two games?

It just seems too easy to assume McGrady is the "bad guy" here. Something I've also been guilty of.

5. DaDakota

Thanks Kerfeld.

But he has run his course.

I don't think he fits, and think the organization would honestly be better off with him not ever playing again.

If we can get something for him, great....but if not...let him rot.

DD

6. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

How hard is for the Tmac fanboys to understand. I'll paraphrase what Adelman and Morey are saying to make it easier.

-I understand McGrady used to be really good. However, he sucks monkey balls right now because he is slow and has no explosion.

-We think he can be good again but he needs minutes to get there, but we aren't going to sacrafice wins for a guy that has shown little sign of professional integrity or hard work until fairly recently.

-He also needs to realize that he is not half the player he was so he need to understand that he is a role player now so forget about touching the ball everytime down the court and jacking up 20 shots a game.

-McGrady needs to get him to the point were he can contribute to wins but we haven't figured how to do it without sacrificing wins now.

1 person likes this.
  8. DaDakota

Kerfeld,

He is not as good as the guys on the floor now.....if he was, I would agree with you.

He got a small shot, and didn't play as hard as he could, despite knowing he was only going to play like 8 minutes.

Why conserve energy if you want more playing time.

I believe that Tracy had a chance to force his way into the rotation by playing well, he just didn't......

And IMO, you play the guys that give you the best chance at winning today.

When you compound that with the team looking at guys for the next few seasons, I just don't think he has a place right now.

DD

9. bkg

bkg Member

i am not really assuming anything. i am going by both articles. they both are quoting morey and adleman, and are essentially saying the same thing, however the ESPN article gives a less positive spin. i don't really think Tmac is to blame for anything other than wanting to play more, and the rockets brass wants to keep on doing what has been successful.

10. rocketsmetalspd

If TMac does not have a place right now, I hope the team gives him a chance somewhere else by buying him out or trading him. I just want the Rockets to get something that can benefit them in the short term.

11. melo_elo

melo_elo Member

where is the ignore button?

i find myself wondering, everytime i read your posts

12. DaDakota

I agree with this.

I don't honestly hate the guy, but people want to think that, so fine with me.

I hope that the Rockets can get something out of him, and that he gets a fresh start.

They both need it.

DD

13. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

McGrady sucks period.........

14. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I think RA and the Rockets organisation are just taking precautions as to what happened last year. I hope it's a sign for the Rockets finally letting him go but I don't think so. Shame, shame, shame....

15. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

[​IMG]

you're welcome

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Has Clutch had any comment on or about this? Didnt see anything, which struck me as odd.....

The sound in the silence?

17. HouSportsScene

He's much better than Ariza. That shouldn't even be debatable.

18. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

I also agree to this and if anyones minutes should be reduced it should be Ariza.

Ariza is a role player, he is still developing his game but he will never be that number 1 option. But his defense length and athleticism are very valuable to the team. Ariza plays 39 minutes a game, I don't think Ariza can be as efficient in that time as he would be in say 30 minutes. So lets pass on 10 of those to tmac then tmac is playing 18 minutes, With reduced minutes perhaps Ariza can lift his poor FG% which is currently a very very poor .380.

I think in Tmacs 10 point and 3 assist game he looked like he still has something to give to this team, With Air Bud out I thought it was a great opportunity to see where Tmac is at with increased minutes to 15-20 minutes.

I think though in the end, no one is winning here everyone is being to stubborn, Adelman with only giving 7 minutes a game, Tmac with his pressure on the team to give him more minutes.

19. PeppermintCandy

Yes the articles are similar but the ESPN one makes it seem as if McGrady asked Adelman for more playing time and didn't get it, and then went home. The implication is that he refused to play, but the reporter gives no sources to back his words up.

Feigen writes this:

McGrady said neither he nor his representatives have asked for his playing time to increase, beyond his answers to questions after the game in Orlando on Wednesday.​

Pretty straighforward, unless you think McGrady is straight out lying to Feigen.

Plus, both articles are not "quoting morey and adelman." Houston Chronicle is quoting morey and adelman. ESPN is quoting the Houston Chronicle.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=4982397&postcount=865

20. number22

number22 Member

Perhaps but Ariza today is in the plans for the future, Tracy however is not