1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: T-Mac sits until he can be worked in (Coach unsure how to distribute minutes)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Dec 26, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

As I said, he has been struggling...certainly not playing well, but Tracy has been worse, and is too slow to keep up right now.

Once Chase gets back, should be soon, right, then I expect Trevor's minutes to dip drastically.

DD

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

you said he's hustling on both ends, i pointed 2 instances where he didn't even come close to putting a hand up on his man down the stretch of a close game. and there were more instances too, but tmac was blasted for this.

trevor averaged 39 minutes with a HEALTHY chase. so no, i don't expect trevor's minutes to dip drastically (chase only shot 40% and was up and down too, and now he's coming back from an injury). trevor will probably average 37 minutes a game this whole year unless we trade for a star wing.

3. HouSportsScene

Not when he's healthy and motivated. If you're calling him selfish, that's fine because he will be motivated by his expiring contract. This is his last chance to get a big deal.

So then all that leaves is the getting healthy part and playing time is part of getting him there.

Ariza is a 3rd option on both ends on his best day. That's why he was good in LA and is terrible here.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

According to Adelman, he was told he wasn't going to play in the two games and then he requested to go home to be with his son for his b-day and Adelman said yes.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

i don't think they'd bother saying it if they didn't mean it.

6. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Because we all know PR is all about the truth :rolleyes:

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Adelman's never been a PR type of guy - he's pretty honest. That's his character and why he's a players coach - he doesn't b.s. his players, and he's never to my knowledge spoken b.s. in the media.

8. DaDakota

Yeah they would, they would just tell people what they want them to know to protect their assets.

DD

9. PeppermintCandy

Oops you're right. The ESPN article posted elsewhere reported McGrady asked for an increase in minutes and Adelman refused. Feigen's article, which contradicts ESPN's claim, sounds more accurate.

10. ProjectRockets

It's subjugate, not subjegate. That's twice in a row. You must be a bad speller.

Sincerely,
    Spelling Czar

11. DaDakota

I am a terrible speller, just ask the guys in Chat that feed off my poor spelling in the trivia game.

;)

ESPN does not tow the company line, Feigen who rides the companies jet, does.

DD

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Great.

Take shots at the person (DM) who has done a better job of stocking this team with second round picks than most GM's have done with 1st round picks.

Take shots at a coach who has proven his system works and defend a player who has nothing but excuses.

DM and Adelman are not damming the team or the fans.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Morey would do that, but not Adelman - that's not his style.

14. bkg

bkg Member

it seems more reasonable that the rockets organization is putting a positive spin on the situation by saying that it was a team decision to have Tmac sit the road games out. it seems more likely that Tmac asked to have more time, Adleman said we can't do it at the expense of the team, and then Tmac asked to leave the team for a bit to consider options, instead of playing 8 min a game.

15. PeppermintCandy

Actually, that ESPN article attributes its quotes to the Houston Chronicle - in other words, they got a lot of their information from Feigen's article.

On the other hand, ESPN gives no source for McGrady asking for more playing time and Adelamn refusing. It reads like the writer jumped to conclusions, like a lot of us - including myself - did.

Feigen talked to McGrady and Morey and wrote his article based on their answers. Since I don't think everyone's lying to Feigen, or Feigen's involved in some kind of cover-up, his article is more reliable.

16. DaDakota

You don't know that, you are making a huge leap.

DD

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Haha - and you are not?

18. Longhornjuwon

Longhornjuwon Member

Is this insurance thing true? That he has to play less than 8 minutes? Because I don't think Adelmen will increase his minutes to 9-10... for two less minute they are saving money.. if he increases his minutes past 8, i see mcgrady playing 16-18 at least

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

So it's a huge leap to assume Adelman is being honest and telling the truth....we should just assume he is lying and our worst suspicions are true?

Wow - just wow!

20. DaDakota

Never said he was lying, but he doesn't have to be telling everything now does he?

DD