1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hou interested in Martin. Kings, financial outlook improving

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

And he gets that space often enough to average 24 ppg.

2. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I just don't want us to be stuck in a rut. We trade one injury prone player for another.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hear ya, but there is just no way of knowing when someone will be injured or not.

DD

4. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

As long as we keep Landry and Scola in the deal then I am all for it. It would be a win-win for both teams, the Kings would be able to rebuild and they alrfeady are looking to be a good team in the next few seasons

5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Yeah, but the guy we are trading is done for this year. I'm iffy about trading for a guy who has 3 years left after this year and has a history of injuries.

6. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

As long as Carl Landry is not part of the deal, sure. Bring him on in. Coach Adelman will get the best out of him. No question.

7. tracymclady

tracymclady Member

you guys complain martin would mess up the growth of younger players? so that means you guys don't want dwade or lebron or a big time free agent because they would hinder from the younger players. the goal is to win a championship not see who can grow the best young players were not playing pokemon here. as for martin he would be perfect because he'll play the role stojakovic played under adelman. and martin did really good when adelman was the coach of the kings. this team isnt getting passed the second round with guys like ariza landry and brookes. we saw that last year.

8. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

is there any scenario where we can get Joe Johnson.. if not this season.. atleast the next one?

and I would take kevin martin blindly.. atleast he can play RA's system.. if thats what is important..

but i'm worried abt how things will pan out when we go back to the old style.. when yao returns..

9. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

If Atlanta would lose Eastern Semifinals series in four or five games, Joe would leave Hawks.

we can give him a max (or something like this, don't forget about tax situation), but we shouldn't trade t-mac and we would give Ariza and someone to Georgia's team, to balance the salaries. SET is the only chance. Atlanta will 100% agree on that and it's only Morey's job to agree on principals with Johnson.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I would make this trade in a heart beart.

11. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

difficult scenario. but lets see.. he would be perfect on our team.. better attitude+playmaker..

but i dunno how many stars would like to play with Yao.. leebigez keeps sayin that not many are thr.

12. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

This Rockets haven't been as abrupt as this article. This states twice, the Kings are not interested in trading Martin, and nothing will likely happen. I know they've played better without him, but that's also due to the emergence of Tyreke Evans. He's a 25 year old that was putting up nearly 31% from the floor on 45% from distance before he got injured.

I'd think they'd want to see how both he and Tyreke play with each other one more time before deciding Martin has to go.

13. Classic

Classic Member

Lowry
    Kevin Martin
    Ariza
    Landry
    Yao

Bench:
    Scola
    Brooks
    Battier
    Hayes
    Buddinger

Yeah, I'll take that in 2010-2011

14. DaDakota

FIFY.

DD

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

We can't sign Joe Johnson to the max unless we acquire him in trade this season and attain his bird rights. Considering that would have to happen in February, well before the Hawks ever play a playoff game, it seems pretty darned unlikely.

Almost as unlikely as Johnson signing with us for the 7 million dollars or so we'd have to sign a free agent with if we just let McGrady expire.

16. Classic

Classic Member

How ever Adelman would do it, that's one sick roster with a ton of possiblities and interchangeable parts.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Of course, all of this is based on the article that basically stated the Kings don't intend to trade Kevin Martin, that they want to see how Martin and Evans mesh, blah blah blah.

Translation: Will we be able to play Evans at the "1" and Martin at the "2" as we originally envisioned?

Translation: We know Evans is going to be a stud at the "2" and we'll need KMart to feign durability long enough for us to get the deal we need.

In the meantime, our Tmac situation will continue to fester.

If we could trade Tracy and I don't know who for Kmart + Nocioni + expiring contract Kenny Thomas, yeah, you'd have to look at it, but, would we be setting up the Kings to improve faster than the Rockets? They already took a huge stride in that direction by picking the best player in the draft. Given ample cap space in the summer, they could get that big they need for practically nothing (i.e., the Hornets say, "Take Okafor off our hands, just give us a half-assed draft pick, we'll call it even".)

18. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I'm all for the trade.

Tmac for Martin and Kenny Thomas works in the trade machine too, I wouldn't mind throwing in a pick either.

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

There is no way to know "for sure", but risk assessment is legitimate.
    I'll bet on the players with a healthy track record over the ones that get injured yearly. It's especially important if a player gets injured in the same bodypart, like T-mac's back and knees. It can indicate that the player has not ever fully recovered from those injuries.

I'll bet on Battier and Kobe to play more games than T-Mac and Kevin Martin, based on history and a sample size of more than 5 years.

20. DaDakota

True, you can look at how players play and assess their risk of injury...

DD