1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wow I love this team!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Trackwell, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

The McGrady saga never goes away, and are best player is out for the entire season, and we still have the 5th best record in the west and we have played the hardest schedule in the NBA to date!!!!!!

Everyday I debate with a few peers on who or what is the best thing about this team. It is a tough question to answer because when you read between the lines there is so many great stories about us.

1. Morey is and MIT grad turned superstar GM!
    2. Adelman is coach of the year as of today
    3. Brooks might be the best on our team
    4. Ariza might be the best on our team
    5. Landry is 6th man of the year and might be the best on our team
    6. Scola might be the best on our team
    7. Lowry might be the best back up pg in the NBA
    8. Battier and Hayes are so tough and smart
    9. Chase looks like he should have been a top 6 pick
    10. And best of all.....all of these players will be with us next year and they are all only going to get better. You add Yao to the mix and you dump McGrady and pick up another ball player and this team should have its picture taken and put in the dictionary next to the word TEAM.

I love everything about us and Im so proud the way we have dealt with all of the adversity. The whole world thought we would be in the lottery and that is just not the case. We are about the 8th or 9th best team in the world right now and that is mind boggling when you think that around 60% of our salary is either out for the seaon or not a part of the big picture.

Cudos to Adelman and Morey for painting such a pretty picture with cheap crayons from Wallmart. They gathered together all of these players that were late 1st or 2nd round draft picks, and turned them all into lottery picks. I have never seen anything like this before and it makes me smile everynight before I close my eyes. Great job!!! This team is special and our GM and coach the people that put this picture togther. I can't wait until next year! We have so many borderline allstars and they are all UNDERPAID!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Aside from #4, you are correct in all your assumptions.

Good thread. We need positivity amid all the drama.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lmao.

You have a lot of people that are the 'best' on the team. You just named the whole starting lineup.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

All with the word "Might" in there...as in.....who really knows.

OP - GREAT POST !

Repping you for positive thinking.....in the midst of the drama....well done sir.

DD

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

a lot of spelling errors :cool:

6. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

How does one rep people? Or can only contributing members do it?

7. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Ariza plays pretty well except that the shots are not falling. He will be a star. He needs more time to adjust and I think he's learning to adjust on the court, which is exactly what Tmac wants but can't get from Adelman. :grin:

8. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

We played the nets for crying out loud and barely won... Please dont tell me your proud of this team... THE ROCKETS SHOULD HAVE BLOWN THE NETS AWAY FROM THE START.. Stop Harris and Lopez and thats it.

9. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

How many other rookies can you name off the top of your head? I don't mean rookies that have been better than Budinger, just rookies period.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

"What about me, forgot someone mate?"
    [​IMG]

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

scratch out the ariza being the best part

12. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Andersen...might just be the best Australian player on our team.

That good, Shroopy2?

XD

13. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

No NBA team can say for sure they will blowout another NBA team. You don't need the capslock to deliver any truth.

14. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

No...just no. Good role player? Definitely. Star? Definitely not.

15. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Somebody's really high on Ariza kool-aid.

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

It could be much better if Coach Ademan knew how to get McGrady more playing time and also when his turn comes how to incorporate Yao Ming.
    Get ready for major words to be spoken, I just hope it won't upset the apple cart. :rolleyes:

17. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Assuming he keeps the volume of shots, he can easily average 20-5-5 with his shots falling.

18. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

What a coincedence! I play basketball really well.

Except my shots aren't falling either. And I'm not tall enough. And my endurance isn't there.

If your shots aren't falling, there's no reason for you to be the go-to guy on a basketball team, no matter if you're in the pee-wee league, or the NBA.

Without his offense, Ariza is like a lankier, faster Chuck Hayes. That is, good for a quarter or two, but nothing more.

19. Asian Sensation

Wow Bob Sura looks like he hit a late growth spurt. Is that normal for people in their 30's? :confused:

20. Rawkets

Rawkets Member

I agree, this team is great! I hope we atleast get to the second round to cap off a great unexpected season.