1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith vs The Dream

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by milkoholic17, Dec 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

He was a Karl Malone fan.

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

#1 and #4 weren't bad either... :cool:

3. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

WTF! I've been going to that gym for about 3 years, and still haven't seen him there...and Josh Smith was up there too? frustrating. :mad: Watching this video though, it looks like it's at least a year and a half old.

4. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I don't really have much to say here....but I just f***ing LOVE Hakeem.

There never has been, and there never will be, anyone close to Dream. Watching him play was just other-worldly.

5. Kamaqazi21

Kamaqazi21 Member

man hakeem is so sick!!! that second move he is workin on with josh is my favorite! i think its a great thing how hakeem is giving back to the game of basketball shows his passion for the game and dedication he has to be a role model for some of the NBA players. what the funny thing is that he is still probably more agile and smooth then some of the younger NBA players. the top ten is amazing except i always thought number 2 should be number 1 he left ewing in the dust, sickest spin move in NBA history :eek:)

6. summitts20

summitts20 Member

I was thinking the same thing.

7. Oz Rocket

Oz Rocket Member

How many other Hall of Fame Centres could teach a guy like Kobe post up moves?

Goes to show how verstile and quick Hakeem was..

Guy can teach every player on the court something..

8. milkoholic17

milkoholic17 Member

No, I;m 19. Didnt watch basketball until like the year 2000.

9. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

The only videos in the world that can make me equally happy and sad at the same time are Hakeem videos.

So happy to see him in action... :grin:

So sad to know he's gone... :(

10. l3igballer23

l3igballer23 Contributing Member

Yea, if this is from Lifetime Sugar Land, it's definitely not recent. The water fountains haven't been on the inside of the gym for quite a while.

11. RyanB

RyanB Member

u must be 10 years old
    damn it
    who does not know Hakeem the greatest of all time with MJ??

12. pillage

pillage Member

Who is this Dream person? Josh Smith made him look like an old man... don't really know what the big deal is...

JK - Hakeem had/has the best footwork of any big man ever. Too bad Jordan never matched up with him in a finals, the Bulls had no answer for him. Those videos give me chills...

13. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Watching that you can see the rhythm of Hakeem's footwork. No one does that anymore. Er, no one did it besides Hakeem even in his day. Hakeem beat you on the floor, with his feet... and then of course he also could finish it above the rim, or fading away, or with a slight delay, or just over you. Fun to watch. Fun to watch.

Funny watching Smith try to emulate Hakeem's rhythm. He's so much more about jumping over people and so much less about footwork.

14. pillage

pillage Member

There's one part where Hakeem does some sick spin and you can just tell that Smith is blown away. He's like, "you want me to do that? what was that? do it again" and Hakeem repeats the move.

15. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Hakeem would take a huge dump on these weak ass centers of today