1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many years does Tmac have left?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by warmshizzle, Dec 20, 2009.

?

How many years does he have left as a good player?

1. 1

2.9%
  2. 2

9.5%
  3. 3

30.4%
  4. 4

14.7%
  5. 5+

24.2%
  6. None, I think McGrady is washed up already.

18.3%
  1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

A 75% Tracy McGrady is still an above average player in this league. That said, I voted 5+ (although I do realize I may be reaching a bit). Provided his body can hold up I can still see him standing out at age 35.

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

It will be interesting. Remember, Groover said his core was really weak and that caused all those back and knee problems. They kinda fixed it so we will see how his body will react.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wonder if strengthening your core saps your quickness....

DD

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i don't know how long he will last, but he'll be more than just a "good" player in this league when he hits his stride.

he still has his court vision (which is one of the best--the passes he has made to our guys still hits them in stride where all they have to do is shoot in one motion).

he still draws some double teams, which is pretty amazing to me b/c no one knows how he is yet.

with tracy, it's all about his confidence. right now, it appears he still doesn't fully trust his knee to go all out on some of the moves, esp. around the rim. that confidence can only come with time. and that can only come if he's more aggressive, and more minutes.

5. t_mac1

amare in his SECOND comeback from microfracture put up 3 SCORELESS games (and he averaged around 20+ minutes, increasing up to 30) in his first 5 or 6 games. after his 6th or 7th game, he started to look better and better.

confidence is a huge key, esp. with that knee. and tracy is only playing 8 minutes a game so it's hard for him to constantly test out that knee over a long period of a game for him to trust it continually. you can't get a rhythm playing just 8 minutes a game, esp. for a guy like tracy who has always been a starter.

in another month, after a few weeks of playing 20 minutes, we can evaluate him a little better.

6. DaDakota

But Amare's core was fine.

DD

7. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

8. rockets119

rockets119 Member

wanna bet?

9. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

He's not a Max player, I think he's already maxed out is what I'm saying. He can't improve any more from here on out and he won't reach the level he was once playing in, in 04-05 or even 06-07 for that matter. The dude is just an average player at this point, Accept Reality and Move on.

10. t_mac1

well tmac's core is fine now after grover's help. the point is he will need more minutes and more reps to continue to gain confidence and rhythm.

amare struggled mightily even in his 2nd comeback at the beginning. but he got better as he played more minues and games, and i'm assuming that is due to more confidence and trust with the surgically-repaired knee.

like i said, amare played more than 20+ minutes in his first few games back and he went scoreless several times. and i'm sure people thought he was done then too?

some people may think 8 minutes is a lot, but it's not. offense is about rhythm and consistency.

11. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

Really, comparing T-Mac to Amare? While you are at it, go compare ages and injury histories and it's totally different. Tmac has had a serious reputation of being an injury prone player and he's right now around his 30s. Amare when he had that microfracture surgery was in his early 20s. It's not close. I would argue that Amare has more motivation and desire to play basketball then Tmac ever had as well.

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

The guy had microfracture. Everything needs time.

13. DaDakota

Time is truly the issue, has father time, and all those seasons in the NBA caught up to him?

Time.......eventually gets everyone.

DD

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only time will tell.

15. DaDakota

It's time to find out.

:grin:

DD

16. albuster

albuster Member

He's done. No heart and bad wheels are a bad combination.

17. pli777

pli777 Member

Sorry, I thought that was the first reply to the thread which came out of nowhere talking about Kobe when the topic is talking about Tmac.

Didn't realise you were just correcting your OP. Apologies!

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Patience!

:eek:

19. DaDakota

No time for patience when franchise financial and roster decisions that effect the team for years are in need of being made now.

DD

20. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

and you are basing this off of? his 3 games back? his total of like 20 minutes? use a brain, don't hate tracy just to hate him, actually have a reason. tmac has come into camp out of shape because he has been injured every friggin summer, you can't work out your upper body when you have shoulder surgery, you can't run when you have knee surgery. these are professional athletes, they take care of their bodies, youre just speculating and insisting that because one player has had little injury problems and another has had an exceptional amount of problems that it is entirely due to their offcourt actions. tmac's big problem has been his back, until recently his knees, ankles, shoulders, were all fine. what caused tmac's injuries can't be entirely blamed upon his actions off the court. remember these are guys making millions to play the game they love, they don't want to sit out games, they don't want to lose, they don't do this sht on purpose