1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trevor Ariza stats in December are proving his real level of play?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Dec 19, 2009.

1. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i still like him for the long run, i have said this before and i am sure anyone who uses their brain here knows he will be an asset with a healthy yao, capable of hitting the kick out three and able to drive when they close too fast, also he is incredible lanky its always good to have one really lanky dude to get into those passing lanes lol

2. dreamshake09

dreamshake09 Member

Yawn... another Ariza sucks thread. People seriously need to stop with this nonsense of Ariza being brought here to be a star. It should go without saying, but hey this is an internet forum, that any GM/management would like every player they acquire to become a star. However, Ariza wasn't brought here for that so don't expect him to permanently take the volume of shots he is currently taking. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

3. Chiron

Chiron Member

Thinking Ariza is a star is the same as thinking TMAc will win us a ring!

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

http://www.clutchfans.net/game_boxscore.cfm?GameID=3149
    T. Ariza 47 11-20 5-8 4-10 1 7 8 6 2 1 1 1 31

Just a case of unfortunate timing :grin:

That being said I think he is good role player but not a star. But nobody expected him to be a star. We didn't pay him star money.

5. wingz0

wingz0 Member

A very apt comparison, though to be fair, Hedo's offensive game is probably a notch above Ariza's right now. Better shot, better awareness, better handles.

At MLE money, Ariza is performing above expectations. Taking into account the big picture, not so much. His FG% is woeful, as are his turnovers. Tonight was good for him.

I'm pretty sure though, that as a 3rd or 4th option, Ariza will really thrive. But that's kinda stating the obvious cuz that's what he was with the Lakers.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

These kind of posts only show that to some people, there is no such thing as "middle ground". You're either a superstar or a scrub. Hence, if you're not a superstar, then you are a scrub.

Anyway, to me Ariza has so far played up to his contract. Now whether he can exceed that, by becoming a more efficient offensive player, we'll see. But of all the players we could've spent our MLE on, seems to me Ariza was the best choice even in hindsight.