1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are T-Mac's minutes not being increased during each game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Notorious_Flava, Dec 18, 2009.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

OP, do you want T-Mac make re-injure himself?

It could cost us very valuable player, or a much more valued trade.

2. theimpossibles1

Hey OP, im pretty sure its got something to do with this current brutal stretch in our record. Playing NBA games puts maximum stress on your joints etc, so it would be very unwise to try to play lots of minutes in consecutive days. I think they are basically still rehabbing him but also getting a really good idea of his condition at the same time.

3. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Isn't it obvious? Adelman is a T-Mac hater, too! He's secretly posting T-Mac hate posts. :grin:

4. BetterThanEver

We get less production for every million that we spend on T-Mac.
    The law of diminishing returns according to T-Mac.

06-07....$16.9 mil...71 games
    07-08....$19.0 mil...66 games
    08-09....$20.4 mil...35 games
    09-10....$23.2 mil.....3 games(out of 26 possible games)

5. BetterThanEver

Ooops. Wrong thread. :)

6. Olajuwon34

Olajuwon34 Member

Well, I tip my hat to Adleman for not annointing McGrady as a so-called superstar and giving him undeserved minutes. Instead, letting him earn it by showing something. If you give him minutes he doesn't deserve, we see the same old McGrady, a lazy player that doesn't want to play most nights.

7. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Man some of you guys are either YOF's or need a reality check.. Maybe both... I am not a T-Mac or Yao fan and if you read some of my post you will know that i'm one of the few individuals who would like them BOTH gone.

First off listen to video that tinman posted and PeppermintCandy re-posted .. listen to what Webber stated..

This is not Adleman's first rodeo with dealing with a Microfracture surgery and i'm sure he's had some regrets on how he handled the Webber situation, which is very similar to this situation.

Webber, did the same as T-Mac stated he was ready and forced Adelman's hand to play him and it hurt his career.. actually ended it.

Now for some of you who are just *itching about him not playing well... Let me put it like this.. When MJ came back from his vacation from baseball he looked awful and this was WITHOUT an injury. The media was dogging him out on a daily basis and siad he should either go back to baseball or retire.

Now T-Mac is slowly coming back, to a new system and different players.. I give the man credit for trying to adjust and fit in without disrupting the flow of the system.

8. skillz034

skillz034 Member

well put

9. Notorious_Flava

not due to the fact that he was old or anything......

10. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

the man only played in 3 games.. what do you want from him. You think its right to automatically put him down for 15 mins a game and raise it?? This is basically his pre-season. Its only a quarter into the season. Relax his time will come and he will shine

11. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

well I'd rather see tmac than ariza shooting bricks. However, I think tmac needs to slowly work his way back in so he doesn't re-injure his knee.

12. illteacher

illteacher Member

Because he sucks big time.

13. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Uhhh...guess what? Webber was 30 when he had the surgery. How old is McGrady? 30...with a history of a fragile body.

Stoudemire was 23 and took over a year to come back and even pulled out of the national team for the 2008 Olympics because he was concerned about his knee.

Jason Kidd came back in about 6 months and he had surgery at 31. He was never the same but did not fall off as much as Webber so he would be your best argument.

14. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Good post. Let me ask you this though, would it really make that big of difference playing an extra 8 minutes in the second half?

15. JoeZ

JoeZ Member

HAHA ...thats great!

16. T_Man

You know Great I really don't know... But from listening to Webber, it sounds like Adleman is doing the right thing... And the thing is we don't know if it want hurt... It could do major damage.

17. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

Why? Because when Webber came back from Microfracture surgery, he came back in 6 months. He was immediately put in the starting line up playing 30+ minutes after he came back in just 6 months.

R.A doesn't want him to re-injure himself again. This is a good pace right now, he's getting adjusted with this pace of the game the Rockets now play. His minutes will slowly increase soon enough.

18. T_Man

Exactly...

A good caring coach will remember their mistakes and I know if Adelman could go back change anything from his past that would be one of them.

Adelman is trying to protect T-Mac from himself...

19. SOLO

SOLO Member

Playing 7 minutes in 6 straight games is rediculous. U cant even get into the rythem of play let alone have a coach "reavaluate you". Wut is there to reavaluate? If he playin an says he not in pain after then his minutes should keep goin up each to slowly get him back in the rotation that it will be for the rest of the year assuming he doesnt get traded. Adelman needs to see how he plays after sitting during halftime an all those other things. He cant base wut he's gonna do wit mcgrady off 7 first quarter minutes, that makes no sense at all.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

To be fair Webber had MUCH more extensive surgery, but you can not blame Adelman for equating the two.

My question has never been that, it has been about why upset something that is working until Tracy is ready.

He is getting there, and I hope those 7 minutes aren't hurting others.....as long as they come at Battier and Ariza's expense, I have no problem with it.

But, Budinger needs 20 minutes a night, period.

DD