1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are T-Mac's minutes not being increased during each game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Notorious_Flava, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Notorious_Flava

sorry, I live in Connecticut so I can't watch most of these Rockets games, but usually when you bring a player back you slowly increase their minutes per game to work them back into shape and integrate them into the flow of the offense. Why does T-Mac continue to get less than 10 minutes a game? Again, I haven't watched any of the games but it seems like Adelman's just putting in T-Mac so he can say that "look I'm actually playing him now", and to get the fans of his back about sitting him. I want my man Mac to get some minutes because I know he can help this team. I think he's changed to more of a team player, but I guess we won't know until he actually gets 20+ minutes. Thoughts?

2. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

[​IMG]

You'll need it.

3. Mr. Space City

in be4 t-mac haters.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

We just got a terrific win over Mavs in OT and all you can come up with is a thread whining about why McGrady is not getting his minutes increased in just his 3rd game back from micro fracture surgery??

Team over individual. Please.

5. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Yes, I want more big mac plz.

6. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

they dont want to rush him back. 20+ is way to high after the surgery he had.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

going by his production thus far they should be decreased, or just eliminated

1 person likes this.
  8. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

he is working TMac back slowly, letting him earn minutes with his play.

TMac is doing well, being a team player.

/end of story

9. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

you don't take incresing minutes per game literally it is just a saying which means you bring him along slowly. typically they increase minutes by weekly not a game to game situation, lol. I thought this was self explanatory but I guess not. He's not coming back from a broken finger it is micro fracture knee surgery man.

10. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

at this point, I have to say that he maybe maybe somehow better than ariza :rolleyes: but depends on how soon he will be in other team's uniform so it is nah for me ;)

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

He may play a little more tomorrow night because of the way tonights game went and all with over time. I mean he should get some extra minutes, especially if Landry is out for tomorrow night's game too.

12. Notorious_Flava

Dude, I'm not watching the games because I'm in CT.... sorry..... I'm extremely happy the Rockets took down the Mavs, but This is REALLY pissing me off. Give the man his due minutes.... I mean 5 in an overtime game? Please

13. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

He needs experience to get better and he had a pretty good game against the Mavs. Good defense and good shot selection.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rick is trying to work him in and see what he has got, right now, honestly he should not be on the floor, he is not as good as our top 3....

Once he gets in better basketball shape, I am sure his minutes will increase...

DD

15. Mr. Space City

he played good D on dirk and looked a lot quicker

16. PeppermintCandy

Adelman said he'd play McGrady for one 7-minute stint in each of his first six games. After that, he'll reevaluate.

This game was his third, so don't expect his minutes to change for the next three games either.

17. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I thought the rehab schedule suggested he average around 8 to 10 minutes while he felt things out over the course of a good while to see how his knee would react. I dont think his just surgically repaired knee should be logging big minutes.

18. archinkent

archinkent Member

i have a feeling adelman plays tmac cuz he is under pressure to. i dont think he likes to play tmac one bit.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I think both you and Adelman are right.

20. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

It's like what Weber said during that clip. Too many minutes too early in rehab will hurt McGrady more in a few months. It's the constant grind of the season (literally), that would cause his comeback to fail, so there is no need to rush him back.