1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL] 2010 - P. Manning Vs. D. Brees

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rocket River, Dec 17, 2009.

Tags:
?

Which QB is having the better season?

1. D. Brees

22 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. P. Manning

46 vote(s)
    67.6%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Who do you take this season?

Rocket River

2. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

This is very hard... I'm going to have to be bias and go with Brees.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Manning has been flawless. Turning Garcon's and Collie's into threats. Brees doesn't have a Wayne or Clark though... but its a Sean Peyton thing in New Orleans. Favre has to be up there too. If only he was undefeated.

4. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Manning... 4TD and one interception that was a perfect pass that was bobbled by Clark... he is the man

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL. Brees is awesome and I love watching him in action, but Peyton is better.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The colts have so many guys down, a new coach yet they are undefeated. I think you have attribute that to no18. They might go undefeated and still lose their first playoff game.

Jim Caldwell is a lucky dude. He might be a great coach, but given his previous track record I would guess he in the mike brown category.

7. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Damn... I'm a big Saints fan and have been since I was a kid. As much as I like Drew Brees and as amazing a quarterback as he is, Peyton Manning is just about perfect. Arguably the best QB to ever play the game.

8. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

At least the previous coach has a track record of choking in the playoffs. People won't pin it on Caldwell if the Colts flame out early. Tony Dungy is easily one of the most overrated coaches ever. A lot of it has to do with the fact that he seems like a genuinely great guy off of the field.

9. raj87

raj87 Member

Certainly, this debate recalls the vintage performances of Dan Marino (Manning) and Warren Moon (Brees). The differences are so acute, that it may not be productive to even participate in this discussion.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

My feeling is that Peyton Manning would succeed more on any given team than Brees would.

11. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

As much as I love Brees, I'm going with Manning on this one. This guy is damn near perfect.

12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Manning is the best QB in the game today. Brees, Brady and others are close but Manning seems to make all the throws and reads while calling much of the offense himself. He's almost like a player/coach.

13. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Is it safe to say he is the greatest QB ever?

What is his winning percentage and career QB rating?

It has to be ridiculously high.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I hate him, but you have to admit that Manning is one of those once-in-a-generation kind of players.

He's just the best quarterback I've ever seen on any level, and I've been watching football for 30 years.

15. Voice of Reason

Manning is the best quarterback in the NFL. Physically, Brees has an edge, but Manning’ mental game is superior. No one reads defenses like Manning.

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Its Manning. In his worst game this season, he still ended up throwing 4 TDs.

17. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

You sure about that?

I would give Brees a small edge on the deep ball and a decent edge in scrambling.

But I'm willing to say Manning is more accurate and more elusive in the pocket.

18. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I would say that Brees is having the better year (it's close, but I think his numbers are better and both teams are undefeated), but that Manning is the greatest quarterback I've ever seen.

19. HoustonFan4Life

No question. Manning>Brees

20. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Yeah. This.