1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ming is better than him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lovethisgametoo, Jul 17, 2002.

1. lovethisgametoo

Ming's national teammate Wang zhizhi had 24 points, 14 rebounds plus 3 blocks in yesterday's Gold State - Memphis game. Gold State won by 103: 100.

To make this thread relavant, hey, Ming is better than Wang, esp. in rebounds and blocks!!

Go Ming the maximum for a rookie, Houston! -- to refer to the other thread about Ming's contract.

#1 lovethisgametoo, Jul 17, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2002
  2. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

I like Ming too!

How do you know Ming is better in rebounds and blocks?

I hope you are saying this because you've watch them both played together. Or at least seen each one play in person.

If not, then it's just speculation. But I like the way it sounds.

3. wangfan

wangfan Member

wang has his own characteristics.Many fans think he has inferior interior ability. Now by summer league he is trying to improve.
    He faces many annoying factors outside basketball. Despite these pressure wang "excavate" his strength to overcome own weakness. He is struggling in a country which he isn't familiar with. Yeah,like a warrior. When some fans are staring and laughing at his "soft arms", we real fans are praying for him,including young MING.
    no business factors,no cultural considerations,just pure basketball,they are fighting. It's enough.

I love this game too. I hope body's exercises just adapt to spirits.

GO rockets, GO MING, GO WANG, GO BARTEER.
    :cool:

4. Nero

Nero Member

Wangfan, that is absolutely precious.

You sound like a true fan.

I love it :)

5. lovethisgametoo

Only in summer league that a grand double is possible - points, rebounds, assists, blocks, Tos, steals, and ....... yes, fouls! Man i love it.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Looks like Wang wants to punk Ming when the #1 pick gets over here! ;)

Good for Wang, if he's improving his game. I hope the Chinese Army doesn't send him off to some garrison in Tibet for defying them.

7. redao

redao Member

Ming is a fan of wang zhizhi.

8. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Don't make too much out of one SL game, or else you can only make it silly. How many NBDL players lighted it up and had bouble-boubles in the SL? And you want to say Ming is better than them also? What's the point? MIng is a #1 pick. Plus, there is no proof that MIng is better than Wang now, not yet. Just let MIng be his own man.

BTW, I root for wang and am happy he finally showed something in the SL.

9. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

2000-2001 season final games: Shanghai Shark vs Bayi Rockets

point rebound dunk block
    first game:
    Yao Ming:
    32 21 3 8
    Wang:
    22 11 2 1

Yao Ming:
    22 24 2 5
    Wang:
    20 10 0 3

3. (Yao Ming's eye-bow was hurted by his teammate at the training and you can see his froehead was wrapped by bands at this game.)
    Yao Ming:
    23 21 2 4
    Wang:
    28 12 2 1

Yao Ming:
    21 8 1 4
    Wang:
    40 11 2 3

total:Yao:
    98 74 8 21
    Wang:
    110 44 6 8

Shanghai:Bayi:1:3
    Bayi won.

Ming's rebound and block is much better than Wang.

10. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

2001 Asian Championship Team Stats

Yao Ming:
    162 minutes, 2PFG 72.4%, FT 67.6%, rebound 81, assist 5, block 22, avg 13.38;

Wang Zhizhi:
    137 minutes, 2PFG 63.5%, 3PFG 43.8%, FT 64.3%, rebound 43, assist 0, block 2, avg 13.75.

11. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

I think all Rockets fans should be pulling for Wang to do well in the Summer League, to improve a great deal, and to show tremendous improvement during the regular season.

if all that happens, hopefully, the government of China will see the benefit in letting Ming train here during the summers.