1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video: T-Mac returns to floor, takes a couple shots

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 15, 2009.

1. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Maybe you should drink a cold one during the game to chill out.

2. Yuancheng

Yuancheng Member

Moray is waiting for the calling from other GMs. :rolleyes:

3. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

All I saw today was a McGrady who can still play on offense.. but still lacks the desire on defense..

I think he will help us.. i just wish he'd play some better defense and stop pointing in place of moving his feet.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

torched on D? his guy was 1-6 when tmac was in the game.

the only negative during the game was tracy couldn't keep up with the fastbreak. even he acknowledge that.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

it depends on the situation/play...players sometimes point when someone else isnt on their man or when they get picked off and need someone to rotate, perhaps you were focusing on tmac too much, so it seemed like he was the only one doing it.

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

really?

i thought it was probably the most spirited I've seen Tracy in a regular season game play defense...outside of a shot where rip lost him he was usually contesting every shot and going after rebounds too. i think the pointing he did was on the one play where he was telling the other player to take rip instead of him because he clearly wasnt able to guard rip (even in his healthy days) through allt he screens and all

he certainly still isnt running up and down the court like the other guys..i can understand chase,ab,lowry beating him down the floor but he is faster than scola still...but who knows it could be him not be truly 100% or him needing to get in game shape

the offense clearly needs work

the 3 though nice he made isnt really telling of how he will work in adelmans offense if he decides to play nice and be a part of the team.

the curls/cuts he had were really slow

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Where are you getting 1 for 6?

Immediatly he was posted up by the Swede who scored over him, then there was a switch where he was guarding Hamilton who ran around a pick and scored on him.

Look, I am not a big Tmac guy obviously, but let's be honest.....he did OK, but can you all now see why Adelman was not playing him?

He is still not ready and would not beat out Battier, Ariza or Budinger (he is still a step slow)......but it is a start......and that is good for him, and his fans, and hopefully it will be good for the Rockets too.

DD

8. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

im not rejecting your comment, but did you get a chance to watch the entire game.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He did have a +12 +/- while he was on the floor.

I really wished I had seen it....I was sure he wasn't going to play, I would have DVR'd it

10. t_mac1

i just rewatched tmac's time on LP replay.

1) he moves very well. i don't see any limping that some posters are pointing out. he was moving extremely fluid, on both ends.

2) yes, he still doesn't get around picks well on defense, but it wasn't due to a lack of effort. it's hard to get around picks regardless. he contested almost every shot, and jumped high on a lot of them

3) the one play that they actually ran for mcgrady, his first step looked good. he got fouled on the way up so we don't know about his explosion finishing around the basket.

we'll know more tomorrow. and more games.

11. FR0497

FR0497 Member

First he was torched, now he did OK? Rip does that to EVERYBODY, including Battier in this game, and that swede just made a tough shot. It was defended well.

I recall Worrell saying a couple times T-Mac played good D.

12. t_mac1

b/c the swede guy took 6 shots when tmac was in the game and tmac guarded him? he made his first shot posting tmac up on a very very tough fallaway. he tried to take it at tmac many more times and missed. tracy played good D on him.

he got switched on hamilton once and at least tried to go through the 3 screens set for hamilton.

yes he did ok. he didn't try to do much at all b/c i'm sure he didn't want to disrupt any flow. had he gotten more attempts, i'm sure he would have shown he looks much better than ariza, at least offensively. but fortunately, tracy DID NOT force anything.

from that 1-on-1 move on that swede, he easily could have taken that guy to school. but tracy knows he has to adjust his game if he stays on this team.

13. PeppermintCandy

I think it will take more than these next few games before McGrady adjusts to the NBA pace.

14. t_mac1

yes, i see every rockets game, hence the reason for league pass. the only negative is that tracy didn't look good with the fast break as he usually was still behind halfcourt when the others went up. he obviously still needs work with that.

but he's playing in limited minutes so he'll improve.

15. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

nice return tmac. i have to admit, it felt good seeing him play. almost gave me hope for this season if it wasnt known that he is going to be moved. nevertheless, im kinda glad the Toyota Center gave him a standing ovation. even though he doesnt deserve it.

16. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

He wasn't great on D, but he was far from "torched," he had good elevation on his contests, and tried to crash the boards with better energy seen all of last season. The first shot hit on him was contested, and the second he couldn't get around the screen to get at Rip which was concerning, but then again it was Hamilton, arguably the best player coming off screens and curls in the entire game. Heck he beat Battier a COUPLE of times. I think it's easier to generalize, since the microscope is highly magnified on whatever he does in his first game back.

IMO, it was more his offense than his defense that was iffy. He was slower on that end of the floor, and missed both FT's. Definitely looked rusty on offense, but both jump shots were rather smooth. Still needs more conditioning, but I think that can only be gained by in game action, hopefully he can make a contribution towards this teams success. That's all we can ask for.

17. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

i had to know because i didnt want to ask peopl who only saw the 2 min video on his return. I thought he moved pretty well, but people said he was limping. During those half fast breaks, what did t-mac not run as fast, or did he just look tired. I saw one where he got the rebound, so there was no chance of him getting back.

18. worzel gummidge

He's still running with a slight limp and it wasn't because he was winded.

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Dude it's his first game, cmon DD ;)

20. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

i am not concerned about the free throws, its rust, he can fix that. I am woried that you said he was slower on the offensive end.