1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming: toes finally able to see a bright future I would also like to stand on the

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This is a fantastic machine. Looked like a running machine, a treadmill than the price of much more expensive, the machine around with airtight plastic wrapped relying on it, and Yao Ming was finally able to re-experience the feeling of walking to normal. He has long, long time no bypassing the crutches, so make giant strides forward, this feels so good.
    Yao said with a smile: "I'm really a fresh start, including the walk."

A fresh start, including the walking

Walk, for everyone the most common and normal behavior, but let Yao Ming hardly new. Bypassing the crutches, walking again, his smile.
    Before the walk, Yao to cross over into the central machine, so that the entire plastic cap to his lower body wrapped up, and then the machine will fill the air within the plastic cover, support from Yao's upper body, to relieve the pressure on knees and ankles. Machinery creak quack to have sounded from afar, he seems to sit in a slowly forward immediately. Like playing "World of Warcraft" Yao Ming said: Remember the game of the Centaur do, give me the spear, it becomes like a.
    In this machine with the help of Yao Ming can go 15 minutes, just walking, not running. Running for him is still too far away things, like a baby learning to walk, like walking to first learn well the bar. Rockets trainer Keith Jones said: "Now, we use air pressure minus the 50 percent of his body weight, of course, and God knows what he has now become kind of fat, and there may be 500-pound bar. This is just the beginning, slowly, and According to his recovery, we will gradually increase the pressure on. Now, everything looks pretty good, he has progressed than before. "
    Of course, there is no 500-pound Yao Ming. Otherwise, he would be mad, and the past six months, how much he was eating delicious delicacies every day apart from water and green tea, do not drink any calorie drinks, and sometimes painful, he hungry, greedy too edgy, but also desperately endured , chewing food thoroughly forward to working with him a little bit of weight, without consistent food. Of course, Yao indeed flesh. There is no movement for half a year before, and his body, especially the left leg muscles disappear quickly, replaced by fat.
    However, spent just over two weeks, Yao Ming, the fast reduction from 10 pounds. For an ordinary person, this is too much the speed of weight loss is not normal, can take a look at Yao's training content will be able to understand. Over the past two weeks, Yao Ming is no longer sitting shot. Maintain the feel is less important now, and he also takes a long time the lingua franca of those, and now all of the time spent on rehabilitation and return to training on the.
    Every morning, he went to the hospital for rehabilitation treatment. Rehabilitation activities of the division will help his left foot after surgery, and only under the supervision of a doctor, he can let his left foot under pressure. Other times, he had to wear protective boots and crutches. After the rush to the Toyota Center, the trainer will be waiting for him in the weight room, he needs to stand on the Taiwan magical machine that took 15 minutes and then the strength of upper and lower back exercises. All of these are not sitting, that is, lying down, so far the power of any standing practice of any doctor is still prohibited. Trainer designed specifically to help Yao Ming, a lot of shoulder muscle exercise, his right shoulder has been injured, just use this time to good treatment. Because training is only concentrated in the upper limbs, plus a day on crutches and walk, Yao's arms become very thick. The end of strength training, as well as oxygen. Yao Ming will be swimming each week, and then 45 minutes bike ride to go home. One day down, but also toss was exhausted.
    For example, just this past Saturday, Yao Ming morning 8:00 to go out until three in the afternoon sweating, panting climb down from the bike. Who is this way, can lose weight successfully.
    Doctor Jones said: "He is fine and stable progress. Have been replaced with a new protective boots that shorter than before, but also a lot lighter." Protection of new boots, at least directly exposed to allow the toes. Yao Ming said jokingly: "My toes finally able to see a bright future of."

The easiest is already past, yesterday, the most difficult is always tomorrow has not come yet

Speaking of rehabilitation, Zydrunas Ilgauskas said: my feet would hurt, and sometimes I have the training, the so painful that no law came from the dressing room parking lot. Yao Ming said: "That is too far away from me, I should first throw away crutches to say it."
    For Yao, this will be a long year, though many times before he went through rehabilitation, can be very different this time, a year's time is too long, no one can say exactly what will happen is unclear, how to be encountered difficulties. Only thing over, and then recall again, in order to feel relaxed, in order to speak out with a relaxed tone.
    For example, a few years ago for the first time Yao Ming rehabilitation. It was just a spur removal surgery, recovery period as long as six weeks, followed by experienced than he is now is simply a small piece of cake. Yao Ming, who may for the time, it is significant happened. After six weeks, the doctor told him: You can start confrontation. So is Yao's national team training camp started taking part in combat training, he found himself pushed fixed Tang Zhengdong, lower extremity strength seemed all gone, in the fight against the training, he was beaten wind put lotus leaf. Yao Ming was crazy, he does not know what can be NBA go? A few years later, again from this thing, Yao Ming will be Xiaohe He joked: "I was thinking, is not playing, I had to come off the bench of the CBA." Then the kind of anxiety and doubts have been washed out without a trace of time He survived, and can easily ridicule the.
    For another example of this has just experienced ankle reconstruction surgery.
    Until now, he can easily tell others tone: "The doctor once told me, surgery has some risk, of which less than 1% chance I will die." And that in the past summer, how many nights, he was can not sleep, pondering again and again to wait for the road in front of possibilities in life.
    This operation is dangerous. Up to five hours of surgery, who do not know what will happen. But he had to do that because he wants to return to the court, he would like in the future, together with their children play basketball. He once asked a doctor, if they do not operate on such a silence and calm, I can not be recovered to a future with my kids playing the basketball. Doctors ponder a moment, replied: Probably not. Doctors need for accurate, in the next Yao Ming bones, nails nail require precise and accurate to a dime would be accurate to one hundredth of death, there is the slightest possibility that they may not be recovered also takes a Yao Ming said. But it's 1%, which would be the slightest possibility of mad man tortured.
    Lying on the operating table, anesthesia mask buckle in the face, the Yao is with that 1% of the fear into the lethargic.
    For example, no longer, and we will not know the next time will happen, Yao Ming do not know. He has the experience to give him some help, can be also a lot of experience he has never had, after all, from the thirties getting closer, 30-year-old body and 25-year-old, not a healing. From the re-learning to walk to the stand on the pitch on NBA games, it will be long march ordinary journey.
    So, a friend of mine asked: "In this process, what is the hardest?" He pondering a moment, replied: "The most difficult is already in the past yesterday, the most difficult is always tomorrow has not come yet."

Hayes watched O'Neill pushed hard at the basket, I would also like to stand on the pitch, I suppose

Weekdays, Yao will not be pondering what these yesterday, tomorrow's Shier, just a day training and Shanghai teams pondering what he had enough. Of course, he will take a look at the Rockets.
    Rockets and Cavaliers games, Yao is sitting on the sidelines to see. Stadium where the bustling, familiar and unfamiliar, he enjoyed. Watching Trevor Ariza fled to the basket, stand, twist the body, the backhand the ball into the basket deduction, Yao was pleased to roar out a foot-stomping to stand up. This is the habit of watching Yao Ming and saw teammate brilliant performances, he always channeling, so that the vigor under the two arms waving. Can be of that stomping, he was not able to stand up and boots to protect his feet to remind that this is not previously had.
    Yao Ming look at entrenched in the basket, a huge but slow Shaquille O'Neal, as well as every time a rocket is not how cool playing James, suddenly found himself very much miss it all: "Do not know why, looking at the basket desperately Hayes pushed O'Neal, I would also like to stand on the pitch, I suppose. "
    O'Neill is the older generation, when the NBA is Yao Ming arrived to find their own goals, and each time he played an upsurge of emotion before O'Neill, will tend to get a reasonable hair, Once on shore, after the excitement a long time can not be quiet. James is the new generation of that last year's Cleveland field, the rocket lost miserably, Yao bitterly left the locker room, put down such a sentence is: "Whenever we see in Houston." Later, in Houston, the Rockets won as expected They also forced James to use defense as Replacement Suspect in general. Yao Ming hopes and, after his return, but also with these powerful enemy incursion.
    Yao, Rockets cane applauded, although he could not imagine himself flying with such a play can be so desperate and united team, watching the people happy. He also hoped that his Shanghai team can play so many. Since Yao Ming took over the Shanghai team, after a lot of Houston people are aware of this news, they all heard about last season record is six wins in Shanghai 44 negative, while listening, while scared of this tooth grin. In most people's memory, the Shanghai team is champion. Yao Ming, with all asked him the situation of Shanghai team said: "I certainly hope to win as many games can be more hope to see teams in Shanghai with a new look to play an active defense, full of fighting spirit."

Sports teach you how to accelerate the speed, while the injury is let you learn to slow down

In fact, today most of the day, time, and wonder Yao Ming Shanghai team. He see this as a long career. In the past that a long tough summer, he spent a lot of time pondering things about the future, which he later discovered that he is still inseparable from the basketball court: "I think that will be my lifetime career."
    He was thinking, Shanghai team how exactly is a kind of team? Yao's own experience is the best textbook, from the CBA to the NBA, from the bench to starter, Yao recalled his own experience a little bit, to consider how to change the Shanghai team, six wins away from the 44 bear history. In his professional career, Jeff Van Gundy played a very important role in what he called the Church of the Yao Ming NBA-level competition, but also completely transformed into an occupation of the Yao Ming inside the center. He likes the discipline of Van Gundy, Jeff Van Gundy's workaholic, a thorough study of each opponent, so he found a bit like a coach with Jeff Van Gundy, Hua Germany. A young man he learned the game in Jeff Van Gundy, and he hoped that Deng Germany can bring the young Shanghai team the same changes.
    In Shanghai, Yao's team is so introduced Hua Zhang BenQ Germany: while he was in training will be very strict, but he is very easy and crew mix, unlike the former Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy, a training session can be all of the English language curse words said on that again.
    Germany before the decision was Deng, Yao invited him to Houston, two people sit down and talk a long time. Deng De value defense, pay attention to team basketball, good at training young people with an international coaching experience, have all been satisfied with Yao, but he is still with Deng Germany said a lot of CBA's Shier, he knew a lot of foreign teachers to China acclimatized in the exchanges problems . Yao Ming thought very carefully, he felt that all the problems that might arise are all related Deng Germany said it again. He did not give any ideas de Deng could give him a lot of rights and help. Deng Germany chose his own assistant coach for the Rockets have been accompanied by an effective trainer, as well as an assessment team player for his services. Yao Ming in the NBA through its own experience of seven years later moved in the past, patience and the executive will want to see results.
    Is not just basketball, there are a lot of things, Yao Ming feel it is necessary to improve. He felt that basketball should be visiting the community, together with the city: "Like the Rockets, we have not always played well in the past few years, we have a difficult time, may be the fans into the stadium still support us for our applause . "Yao Ming's heart, the Chinese basketball there are many, many things to do. Every day he would read the news about Chinese basketball, from summer to winter came, he saw the failure of the Championships, Stankovic fail, the East Asian Games, also failed, with the network buzzwords to describe: This year The Chinese basketball is a big coffee table, filled a cup.
    Yao Ming can not wait to go back to see the match Shanghai to see China's basketball, he had left there, and now back. As a player he once helped a lot of Chinese basketball, and now hopes to a team in his capacity as owner and that greater changes.

Fast from the day Yao Ming to return getting closer. He will be leaning on a cane, the home team in Shanghai, CBA of the opening game of the season. Have great expectations of his heart can know the step by step, slowly, he said: "Sports teach you how to accelerate the speed, while the injury is let you learn to slow down." http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5c4bb2910100gch0.html?tj=1

2. sew

sew Member

that's deep.

3. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

The goggles, they do nothing.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

I read the Chinese version.
    Summary:
    Yao started rehab and walking on a special treadmill every day. There is some sort of weight support system such that his legs only needs to support 50% of his weight.

That's pretty much the only interesting thing mentioned in the blog.

5. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Fixed!

6. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

Yeah. Only if you fix Yao's foot like that. :rolleyes:

7. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Google translator sux !!! :mad:

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

[​IMG]

Jimminy Jilikers!

9. MandM's

MandM's Member

not even worth the effort of trying to figure it out.

garbage

10. rockets119

rockets119 Member

do you really expect people to read all these..
    yawn

to OP:
    stop wasting your life on yao ming
    atleast til he returns... god some people
    go bash mcgrady or something

11. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

12. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

big wall of text is big

13. TimBly15

TimBly15 Member

hahahahahha

14. sew

sew Member

nice, saved to gif archive.

15. rockets119

rockets119 Member

hahahha that was awesome
    great post in a garbage thread :grin:

16. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Great! for the Rockets war feelings.

17. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

To rockets119:
    stop wasting your life on posting "who cares" in yao ming threads...

18. bushies

bushies Member

ditto! i'll whip this bad boy out for threads just like these

19. scottie brooks

Hahaha is that Chris Bosh or the guy from Kris Kross all growd up?

20. rockets119

rockets119 Member

i think its chris bosh lol